Enlisted to Medical Degree Preparatory Program (EMDP2 FY23)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey all, congratulations for those of you that have been accepted! For those that have not, I agree with Tboos2193, make sure that you conduct a debrief with the EMDP2 administration because the information they provide will be beneficial if you choose to reapply. This is the third time I have applied to this program and their recommendations have finally paid off. With that being said, do not give up if this program is truly what you want! Your determination will not go unnoticed.

If you have been accepted into the program and are within your reenlistment window, then i would consider talking to your reenlistment advisor. Once the MILPER comes out stating that you have been accepted, your opportunity for a reenlistment bonus will dissolve.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
This is what it looks like (USMC)

I regret to inform you that you were not selected for the Enlisted to Medical Degree Preparatory Program (EMDP2) at the Uniformed Services University for the FY23 application cycle.

We had 197 applications for the 25 positions in the class, which is the largest number of applications in the program’s history.

I know this news is disappointing. Please know that my deputy, Mr. Gustavo Ruiz, or I are willing to meet with you one on one to discuss your application packet further in order to strengthen your application. Many of this year’s selected applicants applied for multiple years before finally being selected.

Again, I want to emphasize how impressed I was with your application and your passion to pursue becoming a physician in the military. Best of luck in your future endeavors and I sincerely hope you will consider applying again in the future.

This is what it looks like (USMC)

I regret to inform you that you were not selected for the Enlisted to Medical Degree Preparatory Program (EMDP2) at the Uniformed Services University for the FY23 application cycle.

We had 197 applications for the 25 positions in the class, which is the largest number of applications in the program’s history.

I know this news is disappointing. Please know that my deputy, Mr. Gustavo Ruiz, or I are willing to meet with you one on one to discuss your application packet further in order to strengthen your application. Many of this year’s selected applicants applied for multiple years before finally being selected.

Again, I want to emphasize how impressed I was with your application and your passion to pursue becoming a physician in the military. Best of luck in your future endeavors and I sincerely hope you will consider applying again in the future.
Hey, that’s the exact email I got and I’m Air Force. So it probably was a canned email with updated numbers.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, that’s the exact email I got and I’m Air Force. So it probably was a canned email with updated numbers.
That’s what I assumed, but damn. The communication throughout this process leaves much to be desired

That’s what I assumed, but damn. The communication throughout this process leaves much to be desired
Agreed. I have yet to hear anything since submitting my packet. It makes me wonder if it was even submitted correctly and reviewed.

Agreed. I have yet to hear anything since submitting my packet. It makes me wonder if it was even submitted correctly and reviewed.

Same… I sent an email to them because we went through a transition from @mail.mil to @health.mil and I was afraid I was missing correspondence, no one responded to that either.

Same… I sent an email to them because we went through a transition from @mail.mil to @health.mil and I was afraid I was missing correspondence, no one responded to that either.

Update: I was right. My commander reached out, they had my email wrong. I should getting word by tomorrow morning (Germany time)

Congrats and welcome to the family to those who got accepted. For those who didn't please don't give up. I was in the same position a few years back. if you have any questions about the program or medical school in general feel free to reach out

Reactions: 5 users
Did anybody here reach out for the post application interview yet?

Yes I did, just awaiting scheduling I missed an email during the weekend unfortunately.

Hey everyone! I am new to the forum. I had no idea this existed. I applied for FY23 and was not selected. Did anyone do the application review?

Hey all, congratulations for those of you that have been accepted! For those that have not, I agree with Tboos2193, make sure that you conduct a debrief with the EMDP2 administration because the information they provide will be beneficial if you choose to reapply. This is the third time I have applied to this program and their recommendations have finally paid off. With that being said, do not give up if this program is truly what you want! Your determination will not go unnoticed.

If you have been accepted into the program and are within your reenlistment window, then i would consider talking to your reenlistment advisor. Once the MILPER comes out stating that you have been accepted, your opportunity for a reenlistment bonus will dissolve.
Can I message you regarding the program/application?

I'm gearing up to submit for FY24 since it's my first year eligible (just finished my bachelors.) Career field release isn't looking good, though. Good luck to everyone.

Hey everyone! I wanted to open up a thread for applicants to the EMDP2 program for FY2023. I'm a applicant from last year, made interviews but was a non-select at the end of the day. I've gone through the entire process so I can answer quite a few questions if anyone has any. Please feel free to use this to reach out to others to start your own DM's. I've met some pretty awesome people through this this forum, one of which is starting EMDP2 this year.

As far as I can tell, the application cycle for 2023 is near identical to last year. They have A LOT more information immediately put out as far as the putting together the application.

Some quick things I learned last year that can clear up some minor questions:

-The application is due by 30 Sep 2022, however if you submit it early, you may be conducting your interviews early.
-They want ALL your college official transcripts. I had 1 class from a random university I took in high school that I received credit for and they wanted that official transcript as well. Send your official transcripts ASAP so it's one less thing to worry about.
-Don't hesitate to email them questions, they are very helpful!
-If you're picked up for an interview, start the medical portion ASAP, like the day you receive you are up for an interview. They go through your records as if you're joining the military for the first time.
-With this, if you have anything on records such as back pain, eyes, shoulder pain, stuff like that, they'll probably have you go through a waiver. It's different than most waivers, as the USUHS office are the waiver authority. You write them a memo stating why you're still fit. This is case by case basis obviously, but it's a nice heads up
-Timeline: 30 Sep 2022 is the deadline for apps. I was told I was up for interviews the third week of October. I did my 2 interviews on Nov 13th, and Nov 17th. They let me schedule the date/time of my interview within a 3 week time span so that was nice, considering if you're going to be deploying during that time frame. Official Results were done by email the second week of Feb 2022.

All of this information is some basic stuff from last cycle. This cycle could be completely different, but I don't feel like it will be.

For my info, I'm AD Navy, in Hawaii currently transitioning to shore command beginning of 2023. Good luck to everyone!
Super late to the party here, but I had a question and so far you are the only person that has brought up their personal statement at all. I am in the process of applying to the EMDP2 program and was wondering if the personal statement is to be formatted like a normal college application or something more military driven? Any and all comments would be much appreciated!

Congrats and welcome to the family to those who got accepted. For those who didn't please don't give up. I was in the same position a few years back. if you have any questions about the program or medical school in general feel free to reach out
Can I reach out to you for application questions?

Picori,

The personal statement needs to answer your "Why" you want to be a physician. Do not write it as if you're writing an eval, write it with your voice. Make sure it's proper grammar, you're writing clear concise sentences but make it sound like it is coming from you.