Enlisted to Medical Degree Preparatory Program (EMDP2 FY23)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did you talk to anyone specifically from DODMERB about completing the exams at your MTF? I already completed both with my ship, and the civilian optometrist they assigned me doesn’t have openings until FEBRUARY. I’ve emailed the help desk like 3 times with no response.
Have you tried calling CIV team since they’re not responding to your emails? I also did both exams with my MTF in December, but restarted them with the outside clinics per dodmets. You’ll probably need to ask for authorization to use the eye exam from your MTF.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, here is the help desk number. Follow the phone tree til you get to the option your last name falls under and it’ll provide you with numbers to call a medical tech to talk to.

(800) 841-2706
Thanks I’ll try this number because I tried a Colorado number they gave me with no luck.

Have you tried calling CIV team since they’re not responding to your emails? I also did both exams with my MTF in December, but restarted them with the outside clinics per dodmets. You’ll probably need to ask for authorization to use the eye exam from your MTF.
Yes, and she said I have to talk to DODMERB about it because she doesn’t deal with MTF stuff. So I emailed the help desk again today along with the other 2 emails they had on their voicemail. The only alternative clinic CIV team provided me is over an hour away from my home.

Members don't see this ad :)
@ChamberSights hey, I’m not sure if you already redid yours, but I finally got a response and was told I can email the completed forms directly to the DODMERB help desk as a PDF less than 5 MB, fax, or mail.

Reactions: 1 user
@ChamberSights hey, I’m not sure if you already redid yours, but I finally got a response and was told I can email the completed forms directly to the DODMERB help desk as a PDF less than 5 MB, fax, or mail.
Ahh I wish I knew! That’s good, you don’t have to re-do anything! I didn’t bother to check. I already went to my appointments, and the clinics have submitted the forms from the new appointments.

I’m right there with you! I did ask someone who’s currently in the program and they informed me that they do send out invites in waves. They got notified in the second or third wave for an interview. With a bunch of applications I can see why it’ll take a little longer. Now I’m just hoping it’s going to be the same this cycle.
Did you ever hear anything more about interviews happening in waves?

I am in the same boat as you. I applied back at the end of September and am now stressing about wether I am going to hear back about interviews. I’m curious to see if anyone received any letter denying them yet?

Reactions: 1 users
Not yet… honestly all the updates I’ve received after submission have been from someone generous thats apart of this forum or someone that’s gone through the process from previous cycles. I did however send an email on 22 December before the holiday break kicked off. I figure everyone’s busy and getting back into the swing of things here soon. So I’m staying optimistic until something comes back. Soon as I get something I’ll be sure to bring it to the forum of course!

Reactions: 2 users
Not yet… honestly all the updates I’ve received after submission have been from someone generous thats apart of this forum or someone that’s gone through the process from previous cycles. I did however send an email on 22 December before the holiday break kicked off. I figure everyone’s busy and getting back into the swing of things here soon. So I’m staying optimistic until something comes back. Soon as I get something I’ll be sure to bring it to the forum of course!

I’ve sent like 4 emails asking questions and trying to get information about the status. My commander ended up reaching out on my behalf to the director (LTC Tilley) to make sure I wasn’t missing any communication from the program. He was assured that I didn’t miss any emails and that my application was complete and not missing anything. He was also informed that all selectees will be notified no later than spring…

I’ve sent like 4 emails asking questions and trying to get information about the status. My commander ended up reaching out on my behalf to the director (LTC Tilley) to make sure I wasn’t missing any communication from the program. He was assured that I didn’t miss any emails and that my application was complete and not missing anything. He was also informed that all selectees will be notified no later than spring…
ah your commander reached out? Well that’s still a plus. Hopefully we all hear something back directly soon.

Thanks for the information. My Squadron Commander has been trying to contact them and I believe she is now getting the Group Commander to reach out. When they said we would know by spring, did they give any indication that more people would be interviewed, or the opposite? I don't want to bother them needlessly, but now my leadership want answers as much as I do.

Thanks for the information. My Squadron Commander has been trying to contact them and I believe she is now getting the Group Commander to reach out. When they said we would know by spring, did they give any indication that more people would be interviewed, or the opposite? I don't want to bother them needlessly, but now my leadership want answers as much as I do.

My commander reached out directly to LTC Tilley on her personal email. She is the director of the program which is why he got a response.

The response was very vague. My commander did ask for the timeline and all he got back was that announcements will be made in the spring.

My commander reached out directly to LTC Tilley on her personal email. She is the director of the program which is why he got a response.

The response was very vague. My commander did ask for the timeline and all he got back was that announcements will be made in the spring.
This is good information, thank you. I was hoping to hear back relatively soon, but at least we know it may not be until March or so.

My DOS is 2 Jul 23, so me staying in is contingent on getting into the program.

Members don't see this ad :)
FYI, the original DoDMERB website is back up and running. You can make your account and track your status now.

Anyone else received any news/interview notifications?

Anyone else received any news/interview notifications?
Nothing here. What about you? Last notification that I got was from Mr. Ruiz about the service specific boards meeting to select people soon.

Nothing here. What about you? Last notification that I got was from Mr. Ruiz about the service specific boards meeting to select people soon.
When did you hear that?? I haven’t had any communication from EMDP2 since around Christmas time..

When did you hear that?? I haven’t had any communication from EMDP2 since around Christmas time..
I think they’re referring to the email around Christmas mentioning the service specific tertiary review.

I have received no communication/response since the week after my submission. (Submitted end of September, last email response beginning of October). I don’t want to pester/antagonize, and figure I will hear something eventually.

And what email around Christmas?

I have received no communication/response since the week after my submission. (Submitted end of September, last email response beginning of October). I don’t want to pester/antagonize, and figure I will hear something eventually.

And what email around Christmas?
It was an email about conducting tertiary reviews.

It was an email about conducting tertiary reviews.

So… basically the only people who got this email were people who have been interviewed and/or started the medical evaluation process.

Looks like those of who haven’t been emailed may have our final answer.

I don’t think that the email should be taken as a definitive answer until confirmed or notified by someone from the program.

Reactions: 3 users
So… basically the only people who got this email were people who have been interviewed and/or started the medical evaluation process.

Looks like those of who haven’t been emailed may have our final answer.
I will say that Dr.Mack during one of the briefings (back in August) said if we haven’t heard anything yet by the initial interview period (Nov/Dec) don’t assume until we get a definitive no. Case in point I don’t think they were prepared for so many applicants.

I’ve come to realize the application process isn’t going to be the same as everyone else’s. I could be possibly grasping for straws but I’d like to think we’ll get some type of notification here soon to ease our worries.

I don’t think that the email should be taken as a definitive answer until confirmed or notified by someone from the program
Agreed. Everyone that I know that applied was notified one way or another after the application period. So unless you have official notice from the program nothing's off the table I would assume.

For a group of people who are supposed to be competing, y’all are amazing. Truly happy for each of you who do receive a selection, and grateful for the camaraderie and humility shown by each of you. You will make excellent doctors if selected.

Reactions: 5 users
For a group of people who are supposed to be competing, y’all are amazing. Truly happy for each of you who do receive a selection, and grateful for the camaraderie and humility shown by each of you. You will make excellent doctors if selected.
At the end of the day, we are all brothers (and sisters) in arms.

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone’s physical still on hold with dodmets?
Mine is marked as complete, but does not specify whether I was cleared. I think the next step for all of us is being cleared, needing a waiver, or being disqualified. I don’t think we will hear any more from USUHS until the announcement results.

Mine is marked as complete, but does not specify whether I was cleared. I think the next step for all of us is being cleared, needing a waiver, or being disqualified. I don’t think we will hear any more from USUHS until the announcement results
I know Mr. Ruiz said that the board doesn’t even look at medical and it doesn’t play a role in the decision. That may be the point where waitlisted people get a chance if those that were offered a spot don’t clear the physical.

It’s still really annoying that the medical process has been this convoluted

Mine is marked as complete, but does not specify whether I was cleared. I think the next step for all of us is being cleared, needing a waiver, or being disqualified. I don’t think we will hear any more from USUHS until the announcement results.
Ultimately, it should say "closed", which means they have sent your physical to DoDMERB for final review. That's when they determine if you are cleared, need a waiver, or disqualified medically.

You should have received an email from DODMERB about logging into your account. Up there they have a status window that says if they've received your exam, if they have any correspondence for you, and any remedials you may have.

So what’s the over/under on when we hear back??

Last year they let people know first week of February so my guess is 9 Feb!

Hope so! Was that the official notification from the program?
In the thread from last year they were notified February 2nd. So I’m crossing my fingers it’s that or earlier. Good or bad, I’m ready for some closure from the process lol

Hey guys,

I received an email from my commander after she reached out to Lt. Col Tilley. She stated they are still actively reviewing applications and that the announcement will be made in March. Seems like a long shot, but maybe those of us in the dark still have a shot. Either way to me it is a relief to have some actual information and I hope it will be useful to you all as well. Good luck to everyone, congrats to those who have made it, and don't give up to all of us!

Hey guys,

I received an email from my commander after she reached out to Lt. Col Tilley. She stated they are still actively reviewing applications and that the announcement will be made in March. Seems like a long shot, but maybe those of us in the dark still have a shot. Either way to me it is a relief to have some actual information and I hope it will be useful to you all as well. Good luck to everyone, congrats to those who have made it, and don't give up to all of us!
That’s good to hear! I was just about to ask the thread if anyone had heard anything directly from any of the members of the EMDP2 program themselves this month at all. I’m with you hope is all lost so Good luck those just waiting for notification or steps next in the process!

Hey guys,

That’s good news! When did your commander hear back from LTC Tilley?? Was it this week?

Anyone have any updates to share?? It was about this time last year that they made admission offers to applicants... so definitely on pins and needles waiting.

Anyone have any updates to share?? It was about this time last year that they made admission offers to applicants... so definitely on pins and needles waiting.
Someone mentioned in the previous post that they are releasing in March

Someone mentioned in the previous post that they are releasing in March

Correct. The official notifications by each branch will come out in March (i.e. MILPER, NAVADMIN etc.)

However, historically there have been notifications made to applicants on their standing prior to these official channels, which is what I believe he was inquiring about.

Correct. The official notifications by each branch will come out in March (i.e. MILPER, NAVADMIN etc.)

However, historically there have been notifications made to applicants on their standing prior to these official channels, which is what I believe he was inquiring about.
The public release for the Air Force has been April or May in previous years with notifications in February. Since they are behind, my guess was that the March timeline was for commander and applicant notifications via email and not the personnel centers release. I find it odd for them to say March if we would find out this month, unless they are buying themselves more time. If they are reviewing additional applications like the other post said, it's to replace a poor interview or a denied med physical until they get to ~25.

Hearing something soon either way is a heavy weight lifted for sure.

I think it could be interpreted either way. This is the message we got in early December regarding the timeline but it also may have changed since then.

"Regarding the DoDMerb Physical, the admissions committee will probably meet in the January/February timeframe to make the final decisions after the Primary/Secondary/Interviews and Tertiary Reviews. So, this means you have till about the end of January beginning of February timeframe for us to make you a non-conditional offer if your physical/medical/waivers are all settled and approved.

If accepted, the notices of acceptance will be sent to you and your services at the same time around the 1st week of March at the latest...hopefully. That will give you 3 months to get orders and transportation together for the 1st week of July report date."

To me it means that the "conditional offer" may come any day now and that the "notice of acceptance" is the official notification that sparks order creation from the admin side of the house.

Either way, we're nearing the end of this emotional rollercoaster and hope everyone is able to keep the nerves in check as we wait.

Best of luck to all!

I think it could be interpreted either way. This is the message we got in early December regarding the timeline but it also may have changed since then.

"Regarding the DoDMerb Physical, the admissions committee will probably meet in the January/February timeframe to make the final decisions after the Primary/Secondary/Interviews and Tertiary Reviews. So, this means you have till about the end of January beginning of February timeframe for us to make you a non-conditional offer if your physical/medical/waivers are all settled and approved.

If accepted, the notices of acceptance will be sent to you and your services at the same time around the 1st week of March at the latest...hopefully. That will give you 3 months to get orders and transportation together for the 1st week of July report date."

To me it means that the "conditional offer" may come any day now and that the "notice of acceptance" is the official notification that sparks order creation from the admin side of the house.

Either way, we're nearing the end of this emotional rollercoaster and hope everyone is able to keep the nerves in check as we wait.

Best of luck to all!
Strange, I never got this email. I feel like some people get some emails and others different emails. The last email I got was mid December and mentioned that the service specific boards would review packages soon. DODMERB still has not touched my package, but the CIV team didn’t give them documents until yesterday. Ugh.

Last edited:
Strange, I never got this email. I feel like some people get some emails and others different emails. The last email I got was mid December and mentioned that the service specific boards would review packages soon. DODMERB still has not touched my package, but the CIV team didn’t give them documents until yesterday. Ugh.
Do you mind posting the last email you received?
And it seems like March is when they will most likely put out notifications/results since everyone’s physicals are delayed. I’m sure they can’t give non-conditional offers if applicants’ interviews/screenings have not been reviewed or finalized.

Do you mind posting the last email you received?
And it seems like March is when they will most likely put out notifications/results since everyone’s physicals are delayed. I’m sure they can’t give non-conditional offers if applicants’ interviews/screenings have not been reviewed or finalized.
Starting to agree, but I’ve always interpreted it as conditional on our physicals and waivers. So we get an offer and if physical falls through, they go to the waitlisted members. He said that selections are made without seeing any medical so it seems like it’s a separate thing. I could definitely be wrong, I’m just trying to keep my hopes up that it’ll be soon!

Starting to agree, but I’ve always interpreted it as conditional on our physicals and waivers. So we get an offer and if physical falls through, they go to the waitlisted members. He said that selections are made without seeing any medical so it seems like it’s a separate thing. I could definitely be wrong, I’m just trying to keep my hopes up that it’ll be soon!
Doesn't help that the review board for the physicals is running behind.
We'll get there folks!