Evidence that medical schools do care about rigor of undergrad?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think it's fine if people are proud if they went to a top college. It says something about your character. It shows that you work hard (high school GPA), are "inherently" smart (ACT/SAT), and that you are at least a somewhat interesting person (need solid ECs to get in). People work hard to get into top colleges; what's wrong if they brag about it a little? I respect people who put effort into something and have something to show for it. I'm not saying that you have to go to a top college to be smart (far from it, tons of smart people in state schools), but you have to be above average to get into a top college (unless you're a legacy or your parents donated I guess...lol). You don't need to be so condescending.
You assume I think showing off is a bad thing. I do not, but what I said remains a fact.

P.S. Even legacies need to be above average. Simply being a legacy doesn't mean much; it just so happens legacies tend to strong applicants given their SES.

Members don't see this ad.