Exact time one has to withdrew from all but one school on April 30th? 5pm? or 11:59pm?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FFH

(Maybe) Certified Therapy Dog
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Asking on behave of friends and many others who have no clue, because no answer can be found anywhere.

Help!
@gyngyn? @LizzyM @hushcom ?

Any repercussion for withdrawing a few hours too late?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
withdraw*
Grammar is my arch enemy.

Office people may be gone after 5 and won't refund deposits?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
It's not worth risking it. Anyone holding multiple acceptances right now should go ahead and decide tonight and send their emails so in the morning the admissions staff can process it.

Right now, so you can make tomorrow better than christmas for a few people, instead of holding onto acceptances until the last possible moment. Not agonizing till the last moment would be easier for you too. What could a few more hours of agonizing possibly provide that the last few weeks/months haven't assuming you already know the financial aid?

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Don't forget that time zones are a thing.

Reactions: 6 users
For some people, the struggle is real. I heard people did decide "half an hour before". So there is an official hour?

For some people, the struggle is real. I heard people did decide "half an hour before". So there is an official hour?

There are plenty people with 0 acceptances waiting on waitlists, often times only one waitlist, and have to reapply not knowing if they'll get off it or not, now THAT'S a REAL struggle.

Reactions: 20 users
There are plenty people with 0 acceptances waiting on waitlists, often times only one waitlist, and have to reapply not knowing if they'll get off it or not, now THAT'S a REAL struggle.

I've been chatting with people who are still deciding, let me tell you this, no one enjoys being in that state. Everyone wants to be able to know for sure where they'd be going so they can move away from this stage of their lives. There are a lot of information needed to consider between schools, often time the decision process is very complicated. Sometimes the schools are slow to provide necessary information. Many are trying to get more help with making the best choice and the help doesn't come as quickly as you wish. Sometimes parents' won't file tax on time so they won't know their fin aid package. Sometimes SO needs to be involved in the decision and that takes extra steps. Sometimes, they just don't know which one to choose as all factors come to a tie. A lot of research has to be done about potential schools, some who are still in school just can't do the research as quickly as you'd wish. Schools sometimes changes their merit aids they were able to offer several times within a day.

People earned their privilege of the positions that they are now in. Waitlisters' ultimate chance at a school is not harmed by people who withdrew a few hours later than they should have. They are just as torn as those who are anxious about getting in. I'm saying this as someone who's been actively withdrawing from schools (sometimes even before decisions went out) and as someone who's also curious about the WL movement at a couple schools as well.

Reactions: 4 users

These people did not decide a half an hour before the deadline because that is when their brain arrived at the correct choice after weeks or months of careful calculations. They just put off deciding until then.

To answer your questions, there is no official hour and no official penalty. You'll have to contact the schools in question directly if you really need the answers you seek. Then again, think about all the deciding you could be getting done in the time you spend on the phone with admissions departments.

Reactions: 10 users
These people did not decide a half an hour before the deadline because that is when their brain arrived at the correct choice after weeks or months of careful calculations. They just put off deciding until then.

To answer your questions, there is no official hour and no official penalty. You'll have to contact the schools in question directly if you really need the answers you seek. Then again, think about all the deciding you could be getting done in the time you spend on the phone with admissions departments.
I won't address your snarky overgeneralization regarding why some people have a hard time deciding until the last minute. It won't get to anywhere productive.
What's your source on the traffic rule that there is no official hour? If so then won't it be 11:59EST or PST?

I won't address your snarky overgeneralization.
What's your source on the traffic rule that there is no official hour? If so then won't it be 11:59EST or CST?

AAMC's materials (https://www.aamc.org/students/apply...0672/trafficrulesforapplicants-2015amcas.html) say "by April 30th." The thing is, these are recommendations, not rules. AAMC has no way to enforce traffic guidelines for either applicants or schools. The schools have all the power and get to make all the rules.

EDIT: I would also like to point out that I am not addressing your non-addressal of my so-called "snarky overgeneralization," nor am I addressing your typo (behalf*), nor am I addressing the multiple edits to your posts in response to replies you received. Further, I will not address the likely edit to correct the typo that I just did not point out.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13 users
AAMC's materials (https://www.aamc.org/students/apply...0672/trafficrulesforapplicants-2015amcas.html) say "by April 30th." The thing is, these are recommendations, not rules. AAMC has no way to enforce traffic guidelines for either applicants or schools. The schools have all the power and get to make all the rules.

EDIT: I would also like to point out that I am not addressing your non-addressal of my so-called "snarky overgeneralization," nor am I addressing your typo (behalf*), nor am I addressing the multiple edits to your posts in response to replies you received. Further, I will not address the likely edit to correct the typo that I just did not point out.

Good thing we'll learn how to treat BURNS in medical school!

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)

We all read the date being specified and time wasn't. Hence the question: is there any deadline that's not 11:59pm in whatever time zone people should be aware of? If you can't say for sure neither, thanks for trying.

Oh my English totally sucks. ^Shrug^ Never expect to be as good as a native speaker.

Edit: someone correct me if I'm wrong, since I'm not an authority, but your English isn't perfect neither?

What an indecisive future physician we have over here :eek:

Reactions: 1 users
No idea about the answer to OPs original question, but the fact that you even have to ask the question opens you up to a lot of criticism that is really deserved unless you just got into one of the schools in the last few days. It's not like this deadline is a surprise. If you are going to spend time coming up with excuses for why you can't make your first deadline of med school essentially... well, you're in for a long ride.

No idea about the answer to OPs original question, but the fact that you even have to ask the question opens you up to a lot of criticism that is really deserved unless you just got into one of the schools in the last few days. It's not like this deadline is a surprise. If you are going to spend time coming up with excuses for why you can't make your first deadline of med school essentially... well, you're in for a long ride.

This. Responsibility and maturity go a long way, I'd expect a lot more from a prospective doctor, especially one who has multiple ivy league acceptances. "Struggling" (terrible word choice by OP) with multiple acceptances and being in a position with no acceptances are totally incomparable in every way, and I sincerely hope OP realizes how insulting the comparison is. OP's situation is like a billionaire bemoaning having to choose between driving the rolls royce, lamborghini aventador, ferrari spyder, Bugatti, the gold-encrusted submarine or taking the private jet to work, while other people can't even afford a 1970s 100k miles jeep.

Reactions: 7 users
What an indecisive future physician we have over here :eek:
I'm sure being judgemental and sarcastic towards those who have trouble with making difficult and complex decisions makes you a great physician material.

I'm sure being judgemental and sarcastic towards those who have trouble with making difficult and complex decisions makes you a great physician material.

Seriously? Stop.

you fools all hatin cuz OP accepted across the nation with fat schollys.

Reactions: 11 users
It sucks to be on waitlist. But this is not be right thread to express that anxiety. And I am not the right target. I am a stern advocate for withdrawing quick and early. I had been declining my acceptances as early as October and my decision was made a week ago. Most of the class of 2019ers I know have been following that rule as well. As far as I know no one is maliciously holding onto seats, unlike the girl who held two dozen seats as late as May last year.

I am asking a hypothetical and curious question. Welcome for input. I'll be flagging none productive and irrelevant post from now on.

Edit: if anyone want to start and maintain a new thread encouraging and reminding people to withdraw as early as possible by voicing your concern, I'll be sure to be part of it. I've already posted many times to encourage people to do so. This is a thread for technicality clarification only.

Last edited:
This. Responsibility and maturity go a long way, I'd expect a lot more from a prospective doctor, especially one who has multiple ivy league acceptances. "Struggling" (terrible word choice by OP) with multiple acceptances and being in a position with no acceptances are totally incomparable in every way, and I sincerely hope OP realizes how insulting the comparison is. OP's situation is like a billionaire bemoaning having to choose between driving the rolls royce, lamborghini aventador, ferrari spyder, Bugatti, the gold-encrusted submarine or taking the private jet to work, while other people can't even afford a 1970s 100k miles jeep.
The suffering of not having acceptance is a serious one. One that I have endured many years ago. But no one put you and me in that position but ourselves. Just because your problem is real (er). It doesn't negate the realness of others' problem of having to balance serious financial concern, family demands, career choices and health concern in choosing a school. To use a similar analogy of yours, the fact that you complain about the problem of not being able to know earlier whether or not you've made it into a medical school is not an insult to those who have trouble to merely stay alive in west Baltimore. They are different problems. Please try to see beyond your own struggle to understand others who have different but equally struggles and not assume that yours are the only one that matters. I hope you get into a school soon and can be in a safer and better position to exert more empathy.

Honestly, the original post here was taken out of context and totally bastardized into a diatribe against @FriendlyFH , who has been decided on her school (and withdrawn from her others) for over a week now. She clearly stated that she was asking for a friend, and if you follow her post history it clearly reflects that: she decided on Yale over a week ago.

As far as wait lists go, I am a firm believer that once you know you aren't going somewhere, you should withdraw (and I followed that procedure this cycle, as did the OP). That said, I'll give an anecdote:

My roommate was accepted to two schools. School A is his state school, school B is a slightly more appealing private school. Financial aid for school B came out last week, and wasn't nearly enough to cover costs. He called and asked if they could improve, and he was told "they'd see what they could do." He was set to commit to School A today because he hadn't heard back in over a week and didn't want to miss the deadline, but then around 1 pm School B called offering a substantial merit scholarship. He will now be attending there.

My points are thus: (1) Don't attack this OP in particular, she has been a perfect embodiment of the withdrawal procedure you're asking for; (2) Most people with multiple acceptances have narrowed it down to two options by now (and have withdrawn as such), but they are also trying to see what will be the cheapest option and if schools will match scholarships/make their school more appealing financially. The period between receiving financial aid the deadline to withdraw (in this case, April 30) is the time when students with multiple acceptances can weigh all their options and try to haggle financially to reduce their maximum debt load.

Lastly, the vast majority of wait list movement is going to happen in May, after the traffic deadline, regardless of when applicants withdraw.

Reactions: 23 users
Honestly, the original post here was taken out of context and totally bastardized into a diatribe against @FriendlyFH , who has been decided on her school (and withdrawn from her others) for over a week now. She clearly stated that she was asking for a friend, and if you follow her post history it clearly reflects that: she decided on Yale over a week ago.
Lastly, the vast majority of wait list movement is going to happen in May, after the traffic deadline, regardless of when applicants withdraw.

This exactly. I feel like people are just anxious and taking it out on OP for asking a question for her friend. Also, this is coming from someone with no acceptances and three waitlists, so I understand the struggle. But there's no need to be rude to someone just asking a question...it's not like what time you withdraw on the day before WL movement starts at most schools will change whether you get in off a waitlist or not.

As for OP, @FriendlyFH, I'm not sure that there is an actual time, but it's probably fine if withdrawals were in before the work day starts tomorrow. I wouldn't think they would penalize someone for responding right after the office closed (say someone who decides at 6 tonight) vs someone who withdrew at 2 am, since the office won't see it until tomorrow anyways. I think the problem is just if someone has multiple acceptances still when they review the report tomorrow (and even then I'm sure they allow some sort of buffer for the first day after in case all of the withdrawals aren't updated yet). If your friend is super risk averse, then I would suggest submitting the withdrawal before 5 to ensure that they get the withdrawal today and can update the report for tomorrow.

OP, I think it's 11:59pm because at one of my interviews, the Dean of Admissions mentioned that "when I wake up on Friday morning, I should see everyone on my list with only one acceptance."

Okay, can we all agree that having to choose between multiple acceptances, being stuck in waitlist limbo, and living in Baltimore while dealing with that the rioting crap are all different problems of different orders of magnitude? @FriendlyFH, it is quite difficult to choose between schools if all the pros and cons and financial aid end up being the same. However, it is ludicrous to compare that situation with being stuck on multiple waitlists with no acceptances, also even more ridiculous to compare waitlist limbo with living in current Baltimore. These problems may all be "real," but they are NOT "different and equal." They are different and UNEQUAL. And yes, it is insulting to those on waitlist(s) without acceptances to insinuate that having multiple acceptance deadline woes are as difficult to deal with as having no acceptances at all. Because at the end of the day, any MD school will provide you with a great medical education if you work hard enough.

#firstworldproblems (Not Baltimore, tho. That ish is as real as it gets)

Just a friendly reminder to be nice. It's a stressful time for many people involved in the process, but we don't need to be lashing out at each other. :)

Reactions: 8 users
Just want to point out that I was not attacking OP or her friends nor do I have reason to care if/when she or anybody else gives up their spots, I merely stated that waiting this long and providing paragraphs of reasons that has to be the case opens one up to some amount of criticism as dealing with the reality of a situation is a necessary skill for the profession. Wouldn't we all love the perfect amount of time to decide if someone gets X vs Y treatment without any distraction or rush? Sure, but that doesn't always happen. That's all I meant: at some point you just have to realize you did your best, decide and go with that. The maturity comment made regarding OP in response to my post was not what I was trying to express in my original post.

Sorry for any confusion and good luck to OP and OP's friends on transitioning to med school!

To be frank, if you have to wait until the last day to decide then you're a clown. The only reason it *may* take so long is if you got a financial aid package yesterday.

Let's all be understanding of what others may be going through.

But having the option of two awesome medical schools is like having to decide between a Ferrari and a Lambo. No matter how agonizing the choice may be, most people don't get that decision. Once you make the choice and step back from your own head, you realize how silly you were to have worried, considering there are much, much bigger dilemma in the world out there right now.

Plus, having real life friends who didn't get in this cycle (or the last cycle) really puts it in perspective for you. Sure, you can agonize for a few more hours, but in the end, as I've heard over and over again from supportive people and SDN users, "you can't go wrong!"

If we want to get nihilistic to the extreme, we are all going to die, and none of these choices actually matter all that much. Let's stop fighting.

If you are waiting until the last minute to make a decision you are welcoming any and all adverse consequences that may result. The only reasonable excuse I can imagine is someone accepted by a school within the last few days.

I agree that waiting until the last minute is just hysteria and results in an emotional rather than rational decision. Anyone truly waiting until the last minute is gunna have a bad time. I imagine most people have made their decisions but can't pull the trigger. Get over it and do it. Queue Nike.

Reactions: 11 users
Did the AAMC ever explain why they moved the decision date up from May 15 to April 30? I agree that more time doesn't help you make a better decision, so I haven't minded the change personally. It should also help those hoping for waitlist movement.

On the other hand, does anyone else feel like there are a lot of people who are still waiting on aid packages? Financial aid offices are outside the jurisdiction of the traffic rules, and quite a few haven't finished their work, even for applicants who were accepted months ago. I hope schools will recognize this and be flexible.

Did the AAMC ever explain why they moved the decision date up from May 15 to April 30? I agree that more time doesn't help you make a better decision, so I haven't minded the change personally. It should also help those hoping for waitlist movement.

My best guess is since Fall MD programs start on or around the first week of August, the time between May 15 and then is about 10 weeks. The AAMC wanted to extend that to about 12 weeks because A LOT of waitlist movement occurs in that period so that'll help medical schools (and applicants) have a little more time and less students being informed a couple of days before matriculation that they have been accepted.

This is just a theory, of course.

I have a feeling that this:

"People earned their privilege of the positions that they are now in. Waitlisters' ultimate chance at a school is not harmed by people who withdrew a few hours later than they should have"

is probably what provoked a lot of the dogpile on OP. I'm sure OP didn't mean the unkind implication of her words, but she basically said that people who have multiple acceptances are just better than the plebeian "Waitlisters" who are anxiously hoping for their single acceptance.

Medical school admissions isn't a pure objective meritocracy. There is some luck and uncontrollable circumstance involved. People with multiple acceptances are not necessarily more deserving than people on one or more waitlists. There are many factors at play.

With so many people whose dreams are dangling just out of their reach having to sit by while others debate which ones to discard, a little sensitivity in wording is necessary to avoid provoking emotionally charged responses.

I think it has been established that there is no clear cut answer, and that the prevailing opinion is that needing 6:59 more hours to decide is a little absurd. I'm not sure what would be the repercussions of failing to withdraw from all others in time, but I wouldn't want to be in the position to find out. I would think that the risk of having an acceptance to the school you ultimately wanted rescinded at 4:59p due to holding too many acceptances would be a strong motivation to make the final determination as soon as possible. I'm not saying that would happen... just, those kinds of risks should come to mind when one is this far out on a ledge.

Medical school admissions isn't a pure objective meritocracy. There is some luck and uncontrollable circumstance involved. People with multiple acceptances are not necessarily more deserving than people on one or more waitlists. There are many factors at play.
^THIS. You da real OG.

"People earned their privilege of the positions that they are now in. Waitlisters' ultimate chance at a school is not harmed by people who withdrew a few hours later than they should have"

is probably what provoked a lot of the dogpile on OP. I'm sure OP didn't mean the unkind implication of her words, but she basically said that people who have multiple acceptances are just better than the plebeian "Waitlisters" who are anxiously hoping for their single acceptance.

With so many people whose dreams are dangling just out of their reach having to sit by while others debate which ones to discard, a little sensitivity in wording is necessary to avoid provoking emotionally charged responses.

I think it has been established that there is no clear cut answer, and that the prevailing opinion is that needing 6:59 more hours to decide is a little absurd. I'm not sure what would be the repercussions of failing to withdraw from all others in time, but I wouldn't want to be in the position to find out. I would think that the risk of having an acceptance to the school you ultimately wanted rescinded at 4:59p due to holding too many acceptances would be a strong motivation to make the final determination as soon as possible. I'm not saying that would happen... just, those kinds of risks should come to mind when one is this far out on a ledge.
Well said!

Interesting thing to consider: perhaps the the "sensitivity in wording" was missed because the OP is not a native speaker.

On the other hand, does anyone else feel like there are a lot of people who are still waiting on aid packages? Financial aid offices are outside the jurisdiction of the traffic rules, and quite a few haven't finished their work, even for applicants who were accepted months ago. I hope schools will recognize this and be flexible.

I didn't get a financial aid package to one of my schools I was strongly considering until yesterday afternoon.

CMON!

You think any schools will reject you because you thought it was 11:59 instead of 5 !?
AND
You think it will make any significant difference to people on waitlists (me included)?

Last edited:
Holy hell, people need to calm the fak down. This is ridiculous.

FFH's statement that seemed to rile people up was taken entirely out of context.

@FriendlyFH, I think you should ask your peers to contact schools if they're waiting on aid packages to let the schools know what's going on and to get an 'extension' till they can evaluate aid/merit packages. Calling the schools is necessary at this point as the schools will be well within their rights to drop the students tomorrow or over the weekend if they have multiple acceptances.

If your peers have all the necessary information and have had it for the last few days, then I think they should just make the decision instead of procrastinating.

CMON!

You think any schools will reject you because you thought it was 11:59 instead of 5 !?
AND
You think it will make any significant difference to people on waitlists (me included)?

This thread has been a waste of 45 seconds of my life. For shame.

Yet you chose to comment in addition to reading it. Jokes on you.

I have to agree with @ridethecliche here. The overwhelming acts of emotion and desperation resulting in ad hominem attacks and calls for empathy are honestly uncalled for. People need to stop overdissecting what the intended prompt was being asked, or ignore this thread altogether.

Asking on behave of friends and many others who have no clue, because no answer can be found anywhere.

Help!
@gyngyn? @LizzyM @hushcom ?

Any repercussion for withdrawing a few hours too late?

Unfortunately, none of the requested adcoms answered the question, but from what I have seen by tossing away unwarranted bitter criticism, @gonnif provided the direct answer to your question, with others saying that the timeframe doesn't matter.

CMON!

AND

This thread has been a waste of 45 seconds of my life. For shame.

To be frank, if you have to wait until the last day to decide then you're a clown. The only reason it *may* take so long is if you got a financial aid package yesterday.

Come on guys. Are these comments necessary?

As far as wait lists go, I am a firm believer that once you know you aren't going somewhere, you should withdraw (and I followed that procedure this cycle, as did the OP). That said, I'll give an anecdote:

My roommate was accepted to two schools. School A is his state school, school B is a slightly more appealing private school. Financial aid for school B came out last week, and wasn't nearly enough to cover costs. He called and asked if they could improve, and he was told "they'd see what they could do." He was set to commit to School A today because he hadn't heard back in over a week and didn't want to miss the deadline, but then around 1 pm School B called offering a substantial merit scholarship. He will now be attending there.

My points are thus: (1) Don't attack this OP in particular, she has been a perfect embodiment of the withdrawal procedure you're asking for; (2) Most people with multiple acceptances have narrowed it down to two options by now (and have withdrawn as such), but they are also trying to see what will be the cheapest option and if schools will match scholarships/make their school more appealing financially. The period between receiving financial aid the deadline to withdraw (in this case, April 30) is the time when students with multiple acceptances can weigh all their options and try to haggle financially to reduce their maximum debt load.

Well said. Quoted for emphasized truth.

Hey kids! No fighting! :D :p
xgwGP.gif

A decision made today in any US time zone is fine.
It's not even 6 AM in Hawaii right now! Good news for the indecisive.

Edit: Now it's later. This post is not being dynamically updated. Please do not cite this post as a source of actual time.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14 users
Well said!

Interesting thing to consider: perhaps the the "sensitivity in wording" was missed because the OP is not a native speaker.

That is precisely why my response was to assume that she hadn't meant harm. Well, I'd probably give the benefit of the doubt in any case, just because that is the best way to de-escalate pointless arguments on the internet, and in real life.

"Oh, I bet you didn't realize how offensive that thing you just said could seem. Let me proceed to treat you with the respect you would have deserved had you not said it." It gives people a face-saving way to stand down from an untenable position and moves the conversation back to a more useful place.

For the record, I don't think that ~7 hours of difference is significant to waitlisters, any more than it is to those having to decide between schools. The ultimate outcomes for people on the waitlist are not at all tied to the timing of acceptance releases. When I mention being sensitive, I mean being cautious about throwing sparks into emotional powderkegs, not about doing something meaningful to change anyone's odds.

Everyone whose future is hanging in the balance, one way or the other, is feeling a little tense these days. Treating one another with a little compassion prevents unnecessary and un-collegial kerfuffles.

is probably what provoked a lot of the dogpile on OP. I'm sure OP didn't mean the unkind implication of her words
Good guess.

but she basically said that people who have multiple acceptances are just better than the plebeian "Waitlisters" who are anxiously hoping for their single acceptance.
That would not be a fair interpretation.

Agree 100%. However, people with multiple acceptances do deserve to be given sometime to collect information to make an informed decision and AAMC believes April 30th is a reasonable time. Just like waitlisters are not required to decide right there and right then.

This actually happened to me yesterday. But I was already going to that school so it just made the decision easier.

This actually happened to me yesterday. But I was already going to that school so it just made the decision easier.

That's great! :)

That's what I mean: you can figure out what financial aid package would be enough to allow you to choose a school and if you end up getting an aid package last minute you will know if it meets your requirement. That's what I did and it seems like that's what you did, so we had our decisions made in advance.

Reactions: 2 users
Good guess.

That would not be a fair interpretation.

Agree 100%. However, people with multiple acceptances do deserve to be given sometime to collect information to make an informed decision and AAMC believes April 30th is a reasonable time. Just like waitlisters are not required to decide right there and right then.

No, probably not fair, but it was the tone that I think some people heard. Communication via pure text leads to misunderstandings of this sort.

And, agree with you entirely that people are entitled to the time granted to them to make their decisions.

I still think that it is unwise to take every last minute, but some people like living on the edge. To each their own.

Let's all be understanding of what others may be going through.
Yes. That means, we understand the anxiety of people needing to know if they can get off the WL as well as the anxiety of people who for various reasons, can't come to a clear decision. Some of the reasons are fair, some are not.

But having the option of two awesome medical schools is like having to decide between a Ferrari and a Lambo. No matter how agonizing the choice may be, most people don't get that decision. .

The picking a sports car comparison is def true for some people, like you and me. We were the luckiest few who had the luxury of deciding among top schools with little to no debt. Hence I felt it is the obligation of people like us to decide quick and early so that my scholarship can be returned to the pool and benefit someone else. I'm glad to see that you and several others have been really amazing in following this principle this cycle. Prop to you.

However, this would not be an accurate representation for many other people's situation. Medical schools debts are serious burden, in no way it is luxury for those who had to decide 300k debt vs. 150k debt. It is a lot to ask for from the 20-22 year old who suddenly was put into a position to decide something this serious. The difficulty of their choice comes out of necessity. "Let's all be understanding of what others may be going through" is all that I'm asking for.

Once you make the choice and step back from your own head, you realize how silly you were to have worried, considering there are much, much bigger dilemma in the world out there right now.
maybe, maybe not so silly. I agree there are bigger dilemma and time can be better spent on greater things--I've moved from this stage and start to design my education at Yale long ago, but not everybody can be lucky to have the clarity of mine, who had the unbelievable luck to have their top choice being the cheapest. 4 years ago I tried I didn't even get in anywhere, I am not used to the success of mine this cycle.

Plus, having real life friends who didn't get in this cycle (or the last cycle) really puts it in perspective for you. Sure, you can agonize for a few more hours, but in the end, as I've heard over and over again from supportive people and SDN users, "you can't go wrong!"
"you can't go wrong" is not really helping. If anything, it prevented me from picking a school even sooner to be constantly told that all my choices are all amazing. I agree!

Reactions: 2 users