Failed Rotation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OP, your situation is really unfortunate. It seems like you rubbed him off or pissed him off the wrong way initially, and his hostility led to the circumstances of events. I think it's more the hostility he directed at you. Of course I wasn't there but that's what it sounds like. As for the racism, it doesn't feel like it's your main motivation for such drastic retaliation against the professor.

But that's all you need to present to your lawyer. If I were in your shoes (which i'm thankful i'm not), i would bring him down. Don't let someone disrespect you like that and get away with it. Right now, he's probably dancing in his office, throwing darts of an image of you on a target board, and drinking Tequila with your tuition money. Man up and fight for justice! You can become the Rosa Parks of pharmacy (sorry i couldn't resist joking here but I'm serious about the racism charge which seems like a very chargeable offense)

EDIT: If Donald Sterling isn't invincible, neither is your preceptor.

Members don't see this ad.

Just talk to an attorney first and go from there !! GL !!

Don't be too submissive now.

People don't care how successful you become when they know they treated you like crap and got away with it.

OP- if you think you got discriminated, hire an attorney to file a complaint on your behalf. Most likely, nothing will happen because it is his words vs. yours. But it will be on his record and he will be extra careful the next time he treats someone like that. Of course I don't know what happened but I don't believe in "sucking it up" or. "Letting it go". It is within your rights to file a complaint if someone harassed you.

OP, your situation is really unfortunate. It seems like you rubbed him off or pissed him off the wrong way initially, and his hostility led to the circumstances of events. I think it's more the hostility he directed at you. Of course I wasn't there but that's what it sounds like. As for the racism, it doesn't feel like it's your main motivation for such drastic retaliation against the professor.

But that's all you need to present to your lawyer. If I were in your shoes (which i'm thankful i'm not), i would bring him down. Don't let someone disrespect you like that and get away with it. Right now, he's probably dancing in his office, throwing darts of an image of you on a target board, and drinking Tequila with your tuition money. Man up and fight for justice! You can become the Rosa Parks of pharmacy (sorry i couldn't resist joking here but I'm serious about the racism charge which seems like a very chargeable offense)

EDIT: If Donald Sterling isn't invincible, neither is your preceptor.

You're situation seems rather unfortunate and both you and your preceptor could have handled things better. From what you've posted on here its not entirely clear if you have a truly viable legal case or not. If you decide to proceed you should seek legal counsel as step #1 or proceed via the mechanisms available at your university (you can probably work with someone else than the guy you already talked to).

I would not send your letter as written if you choose to move forward with that route. The advice above would be a good start on revising it.

As others have mentioned you have been FAR to specific with details in your posts. I went to school on the opposite side of the country, but based on what you've posted I would say with 90%+ certainty I was able to figure out the school and faculty member in question.

Members don't see this ad :)
Fair enough. Thank you for being honest without seeming blaming.

After taking the time to reflect and rereading. I agree that I may not have clear evidence that I have been discriminated.
However, I still think I was bullied.

What preceptor would tell you "I'm going to have to think about if I'm going to fail you"
Then be insensitive enough to tell you "Go do doctor calls so you don't waste time"
Then tells you "I'll let you know before the weekend if you can continue. Oh, don't worry I'm not that cruel."
Then call you latter and say "Whoops. Looks like we'll have to wait till Monday"

I mean really? This is coming from someone held to high esteem and standards.

So what? You may THINK you are likable. You may THINK you are worthy of a trophy everytime you do something, but you haven't the real world and people WILL hate you for whatever reason and you WILL NEVER get anymore trophies in your job.

It still doesn't sound like bullying to me. We have changed the definition of bullying to mean anything someone does that you don't like. Bullying is when someone kicks you, hits you, touches you, torments you, humiliates you. I was bullied very heavily in grade school. Should I sue all of them for doing it?

Also keep in mind that I even asked my husband, who is a paralegal, if this had a case. He confirmed it did not. It was all about "feelings" and implications, which do not stand up in a court of law. You can't sue because he made you feel bad nor did he directly say derogatory terms. Please do not compare yourself to Rosa Parks. She fought an issue regarding rights. There was a law that stated no black person can sit in the front of the bus. There is no law about any Asians not being allowed in pharmacy.

Waste your time studying for the boards and work to get a job lined up. Do you even have a job lined up as a pharmacist? If you do, please revisit this thread after working for one month and see how petty you were. You will get beaten up by patients, doctors, nurses, technicians, store managers, and PBMs.

Reactions: 1 user
I HAD a job lined up, but because I was delayed to make up a rotation, I likely won't get the job. Boss wants to hold the position but HR doesn't want to.

I WAS humiliated. In front of another student none the less.
If you don't think its bullying. Fine. So be it. Point taken.
I'm not going to bother arguing anymore.

So what? You may THINK you are likable. You may THINK you are worthy of a trophy everytime you do something, but you haven't the real world and people WILL hate you for whatever reason and you WILL NEVER get anymore trophies in your job.

It still doesn't sound like bullying to me. We have changed the definition of bullying to mean anything someone does that you don't like. Bullying is when someone kicks you, hits you, touches you, torments you, humiliates you. I was bullied very heavily in grade school. Should I sue all of them for doing it?

Also keep in mind that I even asked my husband, who is a paralegal, if this had a case. He confirmed it did not. It was all about "feelings" and implications, which do not stand up in a court of law. You can't sue because he made you feel bad nor did he directly say derogatory terms. Please do not compare yourself to Rosa Parks. She fought an issue regarding rights. There was a law that stated no black person can sit in the front of the bus. There is no law about any Asians not being allowed in pharmacy.

Waste your time studying for the boards and work to get a job lined up. Do you even have a job lined up as a pharmacist? If you do, please revisit this thread after working for one month and see how petty you were. You will get beaten up by patients, doctors, nurses, technicians, store managers, and PBMs.

Last edited:
I HAD a job lined up, but because I was delayed to make up a rotation, I likely won't get the job. Boss wants to hold the position but HR doesn't want to.
I WAS humiliated. In front of another student none the less.
If you don't think its bullying. Fine. So be it. Point taken.
I'm not going to bother arguing anymore.

Well, as people have REPEATEDLY said, TALK to a lawyer and go from there. If the lawyer tells you no, then quit wasting your time & move on with life. If the lawyer says yet, then follow the lawyers instructions exactly. Writing 5 page letters to your school or debating about the merits of your case on a pharmacy board will NOT help your case (but may be cathartic for you on a personal level....but if you want "justice" done, and not just to feel better then your ONLY viable option is to consult a lawyer.) I'm not a lawyer, but I can pretty much guarantee that the first thing a lawyer will tell you is to STOP talking about your case publicly and do NOT say anything to a school official without your lawyer's OK......if you continue to ignore this advice, there is nothing anyone can do to help you.

Reactions: 2 users
Is the statue of limitations for suing 2 years (If applicable) for bullying in NJ? Still raising money and debating on the course of action.
I really don't think its fair that he got away with it. But if I sue, its just a waste of money and IF I win, he's only going to get a slap on the wrist.

There is no point in suing. If this still bothers you, file a complaint with the school and the department of education and then move on. I don't know what happened but there will always be bullies. Fight back and move on. Don't let them dictate your life.

Reactions: 1 user