Family Medicine Interviews 2012-2013!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
University of New Mexico -- 9/19
Brown University -- 9/20
University of Virginia -- 9/24
University of California at Davis --9/28
University of Indiana -- 10/01
Georgetown University -- 10/01

They are coming! Get ready.

Members don't see this ad.

My update:
Jps, tx
Waco, tx
Natividad, ca
Ventura,ca
Brown, ri
Ft. Collins, co
UIC, il

Members don't see this ad :)
Agreed. I think now that I applied to too many, and I am trying to sort through procedure heavy vs not, and OB heavy vs not. I think I should have been more ruthless in cutting programs, but I keep thinking "that's not a very good reason to cut them out"

Anyhow, update for me:

Jackson, TN
Chattanooga, TN

Waco, TX
Fort Worth, TX

Greeneville, SC
Columbia, SC
Florence, SC
Charleston, SC

Asheville, NC

Muncie, IN

Pueoblo, CO

I am pretty excited about many of these, though.

Add
Sacremento, CA
Ogden, UT
Indianapolis, IN (University of Indiana, Methodist)
Knoxville, TN

Here's my list so far. Congrats everyone on the interviews!

UCSD
Group Health Cooperative, Seattle
MacNeal - Berwyn, IL
Advocate Lutheran - Park Ridge, Il
U of Michigan
Columbia St. Mary -Milwaukee
Rose - Denver

I definitely over applied as well!
Adding OHSU, Portland
Seattle Cherry Hill
West suburban
Illinois masonic
UIC
UW waukesha
St Josephs milwaukee
Exempla St. Joseph, Denver

has anyone heard from via christi?

Gotten interviews from:
UTMCK (Knoxville)
MAHEC--Asheville
MAHEC--Hendersonville
Doctor's Hospital Columbus
Riverside Columbus
OHSU Portland
Wake forest

I applied to 11 (UT being dual) and that was 2 DO and 9 MD. Since I already have 7 interviews, I am hoping that is enough places! Also, I applied to UT Chattanooga and haven't heard yet. I rotated at UT Knoxville so I guess that's why I lucked out with an interview (next week :)) there!! Is it still very early in the process? I got most of mine right after I submitted and then OHSU last week and Wake Forest this week. Anyone have a sense of the flow of the invites?

Tyler, Texas
Corpus Christi, Texas
Pueblo, CO
Muncie, IN
Conroe, TX
Christus Santa Rosa San Antonio, TX
McLennan Waco, TX
University of Kansas (Wichita)/Wesley ProgramFlorence, SC
UMKC Kansas City, MO

Haven't heard anything from Via Christi

Anyone heard from UT Austin? What about UNC Chapel Hill?

Has anyone heard from UNC-Chapel Hill, UCSF, or University of WI-Madison?

just heard from vc. they sent a letter.

Members don't see this ad :)
Caribbean student here. Applied very broadly and wanted to share my invites so far. Hopefully more to come for all of us.
Marquette General (MI)
St. John Hosp. (MI)
U of Kansas (Kansas City)
UT-St. Francis (Memphis)
Stamford Hosp/Columbia U (CT)
Mercy Hosp. (Des Moines)
Summa Barberton (OH)
UT-Chattanooga
East Carolina U
Fort Wayne (IN)
VCU/Riverside
UT-Jackson
Research Med Ctr. (Kansas City, MO)

Just heard from UNC Chapel Hill. Good luck to everyone!

Update

Tennessee
-Knoxville
-Chattanooga
-Jackson

South Carolina
-Greeneville
-Greenwood
-Columbia
-Florence
-Charleston

North Carolina
-Asheville
*Have applied to, but not heard from, Winston-Salem

Indiana
-Muncie
-Indianapolis (IU Methodist)

Texas
-Fort Worth
-Waco
#Have been on the fence about putting in for Tyler, and Texas A&M.

California
-Sacremento (UCD)
*Have applied to, but not heard from, Ventura

Colorado
-Pueblo

Kansas
-Wichita (Wesley)
*Have applied to, but not heard from, Wichita (VC)

Montana
-Billings

Oregon
-Klamath Falls

Utah
-Ogden

Wyoming
-Casper

That puts me with twenty offers, of which I have scheduled 18, and am debating scheduling the other two. Thankfully I have been able to lump many of these together in the same week for different geographic areas, which helps.

that's how I received it haha

anyone heard from ucsf or santa rosa yet? waiting is killing me!

UT Chattanooga by mail today!! What's up with the snail mail route? With all the moving everyone does this season for away rotations, it's surprising! Anyway, does anyone know if UT Austin or UNC are by mail also?

UT Chattanooga by mail today!! What's up with the snail mail route? With all the moving everyone does this season for away rotations, it's surprising! Anyway, does anyone know if UT Austin or UNC are by mail also?

UNC sends you an email through ERAS. I just got one earlier this week. I would try calling them and asking what your application status is--that's what I did about 2 weeks ago.

That's weird, because I definitely did not hear from Chattanooga via regular mail. I got an e-mail.

Been out for a while
here are my updates:

UCLA/Santa Monica
Kaiser Orange County, CA
Loma Linda, CA (got some phone/skype interview...assuming thats a screening process)
Harbor-UCLA, CA
UCSF- Fresno

O'Connor - San Jose
Group Health - Seattle
Swedish First Hill - Seattle
Providence Milwaukee - Portland
Valley Medicine - Seattle
Multicare - Tacoma
Family Medicine Residency - Boise

Anyone else heard from Swedish Cherry Hill yet? Will they send a rejection if you didnt get an interview?

Interviewed at UT Knoxville yesterday and it was wonderful. Very informative, very hospitable and relaxed format. What beautiful weather too!

O'Connor - San Jose
Group Health - Seattle
Swedish First Hill - Seattle
Providence Milwaukee - Portland
Valley Medicine - Seattle
Multicare - Tacoma
Family Medicine Residency - Boise

Anyone else heard from Swedish Cherry Hill yet? Will they send a rejection if you didnt get an interview?
I heard from Cherry Hill on September 25. Not sure if they send rejections or not. I'm still waiting to hear from First Hill (among others)... When did you get that invitation?

I heard from Cherry Hill on September 25. Not sure if they send rejections or not. I'm still waiting to hear from First Hill (among others)... When did you get that invitation?

I got my First Hill invitation on Oct 9th. I am guessing they send invitations in batches. I have others I am waiting on as well, but really want an interview at Cherry Hill! Did you apply for their alternate clinic locations?

Heard from UT Austin today! Still waiting to schedule

Has anyone received an invitation to interview at Memorial Hermann Southwest in Houston/Sugarland, TX?

Has anyone heard from Kaiser SoCal yet?

Hey poneil, do you mean Kaiser San Diego or one of the others? I got an invite from Kaiser SD yesterday. I know other folks who received invites from the other Kaisers last week.

sorry i mean kaiser southern California, not the sd one or other ones. I heard from most the other kaisers, just not southern cali

heard back from kasisr woodland hills, sd, fontana, riverside, and LA

anyone heard from ucsf or santa rosa yet? waiting is killing me!

Bump on this question...I'd like to know if anyone has heard from them as well :oops:

@ notyourmama

When is your IV at mercy des moines?
Also anyone heard from UIC peoria FM? I had a phone call from em about 2 weeks ago, however, havnt heard anything from peoria.

@ notyourmama

When is your IV at mercy des moines?
Also anyone heard from UIC peoria FM? I had a phone call from em about 2 weeks ago, however, havnt heard anything from peoria.

My interview in Des Moines is coming up in the first full week of November.

Also, I just heard from Peoria on 10/15.

Anyone heard from them lately? Is it really a regular mail invite?

Anyone have a good contact at UNC Chapel Hill? I called the main number and left a message about 1 week ago and haven't heard anything. Anyone know if they do send "rejections"? Thanks!

Question for you guys....

I only put in my application 2 weeks ago. Mostly applied to California Programs, Have heard back from 4 with interviews. Rejection from 1, usc. At what point should I email a program director to follow up on the status of my application, if at all?

Thoughts?

Interview Invites:

Corpus Christi
Natividad Salinas, Ca
Pacific hospital of long beach
Downey regional medical center

Random question for you all, don't know if it will work. Basically, my wife is 8 months pregnant and applying for Family Medicine. I am applying for Ophthalmology because I am weird and like eyes. Because of this, my programs only have a few dates for interviews and cannot be very flexible. So, we are having some issues getting our interviews synced enough so that I can travel with her while she is very pregnant. Right now, she has an interview at UVA on Nov. 2, but this is very hard for us to do because I have an interview in Akron, OH on the same date. We are trying to find someone to switch with her so that we can both interview in Akron on the same day. My interview at UVA is on November 19--although she doesn't have to be on the same date, we just don't want to have the interviews set up like we do right now at two different locations on the same date. I would say that I would just cancel Akron, however I really have to interview at multiple locations to match into ophtho due to the fact that most places only have 3 or so slots and I'm not a supergenious.

We have contacted UVA, but as of right now, she is just on the wait list for another date and we don't know if she will get another date or not...

Thanks for the consideration! We both really appreciate it!!:thumbup:

pm me if you would consider switching!!

I hope yall get this worked out! I am at Riverside Family Medicine in Columbus on 11/19. If that can help in any way -- please let me know! Good luck and I hope yall get an awesome spot and congrats on your growing family!