FAMU 2020 Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah I know this whole submitting electronically and by hard copy has thrown a few people off so as long as you did that I'm sure you will be fine... :)

Thanks tech2pharmd18

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone! I've been reading the thread and it is very helpful! I'm excited as well, I received my invitation for an interview via email Friday, March 14th and my last name begins with an R. It does look like they are going in alphabetical order by last name. I am a transfer student from Texas and my interview is April 7th (my birthday :soexcited:) at 9:30am...not sure if that was the best decision considering the intense interview, but at least it'll be memorable...I guess :nailbiting:! Patience is key and I wish everyone the best!

Reactions: 1 user
I am scheduled for march 24th at 11am. I am probably the first person to be interviewed lol. I chose march 24 because I have another interview at April 04.
You're the first one so GOOD LUCK TO YOUUUU!! :clap:

Members don't see this ad :)
OMG I hope they didn't pass me up my last name begins with a Q

Seems like Someone with "R" received an invitation today. Again, patiently wait, I believe you will hear good news.

Do you have any idea, what kind of questions they gonna ask ?

eddyLO,

There should be an old forum that has interview questions that were asked. Remember to relax and practice these interview questions; I heard the interview at FAMU is tough compared to all the other schools; instead of a relax environment think about interviewers who are going to eat you up by asking you questions. Also remember to reference back to your application on the reason why you choose their school and why pharmacy at FAMU.

Do you have any idea, what kind of questions they gonna ask ?

1. Tell me a little about yourself?
2. Why are you interested in becoming a pharmacist?
3. What characteristics do you have that will make you a successful pharmacist?
4. What kind of pharmacy practice are you interested in and why?
5. What are some of the most important issues you see facing pharmacists currently and in the coming years?
6. What pharmacy experience have you had?
7. Give me an example of a time when you made a mistake at work or in school. How did you resolve it?
8. Give me an example of a time when you had to communicate a complex concept or idea to another person.
9. What appeals to you abut our pharmacy program and curriculum?
10. Tell me about a situation in which you had to learn to do something quickly and how yo handled it?
11. As you know, admission to our program is highly competitive. What do you plan to do if you are not accepted at this time?

Seems like Someone with "R" received an invitation today. Again, patiently wait, I believe you will hear good news.

Okay T should be next in line lol, but I checked.

What were you asked during your interview ? Any tips ?
Have an answer to each of these questions posted. Some of the questions were verbatim from this list of questions. A question not on the list ask about common health disparities and how you can overcome it.
Common Interview Questions
1. Why are you interested in becoming a pharmacist?
2. What characteristics do you have that will make you a successful pharmacist?
3. What kind of pharmacy practice are you interested in and why?
4. What are some of the most important issues you see facing pharmacists currently and in the coming years?
How will you deal with these?
5. What pharmacy experience have you had?
6. Give me an example of a time when you made a mistake at work or in school. How did you resolve it?
7. Give me an example of a time when you had to communicate a complex concept or idea to another person.
8. What appeals to you about our pharmacy program and curriculum?
9. Tell me about a situation in which you had to learn how to do something quickly and how you handled it?
10. As you know, admission to our program is highly competitive. What do you plan to do if you are not accepted
at this time?

As far as tips, I could tell you not to be nervous. But you can't control that. Just go into your interview confident, knowing that you deserve a seat in the college of pharmacy. Also, it wouldn't hurt to have handwritten thank you cards to give your interviewers after the interview. You can find blank thank you cards at Wal-Mart for about $0.99. Know the history FAMU COPPS, some of the faculty members and their research, and why you chose to apply to FAMU. They are going to ask you if you applied to any other schools and rank those list of schools. Also, remember what you put in your application essay, being that it could help you answer some of the questions.

Reactions: 1 users
1. Tell me a little about yourself?
2. Why are you interested in becoming a pharmacist?
3. What characteristics do you have that will make you a successful pharmacist?
4. What kind of pharmacy practice are you interested in and why?
5. What are some of the most important issues you see facing pharmacists currently and in the coming years?
6. What pharmacy experience have you had?
7. Give me an example of a time when you made a mistake at work or in school. How did you resolve it?
8. Give me an example of a time when you had to communicate a complex concept or idea to another person.
9. What appeals to you abut our pharmacy program and curriculum?
10. Tell me about a situation in which you had to learn to do something quickly and how yo handled it?
11. As you know, admission to our program is highly competitive. What do you plan to do if you are not accepted at this time?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll try to get more tips from my classmates. Hopefully this helps you all in the long run.

2.92 gpa
B.S in Biology
Still taking some classes
3 good LOR's
Certified Pharmacy Tech.
what about you?

3.5 gpa
B.S in Clinical Laboratory Science
2 years of laboratory experience in a hospital setting
3 good LOR's
ASCP boarded certified to perform laboratory tests
Over 100 hours of volunteer hours in a pharmacy setting

Did you notice we are quite similar?

Is there anyone on here who only applied to FAMU?

Reactions: 1 users
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:Good luck tomorrow EddyLO! You will do GOOD!!

Hey I'm new to this my friend informed me about this sight. Pretty cool✌️

How was the interview

I really like the school. As far as the interview, they are trying to find as much reasons as possible to admit you. The best advice is not to be nervous. Note that, the interview is only a portion of your application. They review your whole application before making a decision. I also had a tour with one of the current students. Overall, it was a great experience.

Now, all I want to know is how many people are being interviewed and how many are being accepted lol

Congratulations! Glad it was good and you enjoyed it.

I still haven't recieved a letter so...I don't think they want me lol.

I hope you receive an email this week

me and you are in the same boat HVT, I still haven't received anything either :(