FAMU College of Pharmacy 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mission707

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else applying to FAMU? If so has anyone gotten an interview yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone else applying to FAMU? If so has anyone gotten an interview yet?
I applied there, but i didnt get a interview call yet. they told me after feb 1, they take 4-6 weeks to give you the invitations. so i guess only 5 weeks is gone, atleast wait for another week. lol

LOL. I actually looked at last year thread and noticed some people received their interview letters by the end of Feb, so I was curious.
Thank you for the response and good luck to you as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
LOL. I actually looked at last year thread and noticed some people received their interview letters by the end of Feb, so I was curious.
Thank you for the response and good luck to you as well.

end of february, wow, now u got me into more stress. :scared:. i havent heard any good news from any school yet.

I don't know why they are so slow, I have already been accepted to 2 schools but famu would be more convenient and cheaper.

hopefully we start hearing back soon.

@ chrispharm, I think they are slow because they have a pre-pharmacy program that they select from first. My pre-pharmacy club is supposed to visit FAMU this Friday. Maybe I can get some direct answers if we hadn't heard anything back before then.

Has anyone received any type of correspondence with FAMU? This is my second year applying. I mailed my application on December 23, 2011. Last year we received a "Thank you for applying" letter first. Then the interview/declination letters were mailed second. My friends interview letter arrived on February 24 last year. Just curious...

Has anyone received any type of correspondence with FAMU? This is my second year applying. I mailed my application on December 23, 2011. Last year we received a "Thank you for applying" letter first. Then the interview/declination letters were mailed second. My friends interview letter arrived on February 24 last year. Just curious...

I am just as curious. My club is going to visit the school on Friday and I hope to find out when we will hear something. That's if we hadn't heard anything by this Thursday.

Update: I was told that pre-pharmacy students are still being interviewed. As far as the applications, we will hear something within the next 10 business days.

Update: I was told that pre-pharmacy students are still being interviewed. As far as the applications, we will hear something within the next 10 business days.

thanks for the update, they are still the slowest school out of any i know of.

thanks for the update, they are still the slowest school out of any i know of.
I agree. They also said they had received over 800 applications, and this is not including their pre-pharmacy students. One of the guys from my club was pulled to the side and told he was rejected.

I agree. They also said they had received over 800 applications, and this is not including their pre-pharmacy students. One of the guys from my club was pulled to the side and told he was rejected.

They told him that he was rejected on a school field trip? That's horrible! :( I guess we should be hearing something soon! Thanks for the updates!!!! Looking forward to hearing from everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
They told him that he was rejected on a school field trip? That's horrible! :( I guess we should be hearing something soon! Thanks for the updates!!!! Looking forward to hearing from everyone!
Yes. We were asked who had submitted their applications to attend FAMU. They wrote down our names and went to check the status of each. They pull each of us to the side through out the tour and gave us an update. His application wasn't complete because he didn't submit the online application to the undergraduate school.

I was told that my application had processed and that we would hear something back within the next 10 business days. LOL I was kind of hoping for a wink to let me know I would be getting an interview. I didn't get that, so I am still wondering like the rest of you.

how long until a school responds?

Last edited:
how many students (besides their own) are they accepting? does anyone know?

how many students (besides their own) are they accepting? does anyone know?
We were told that there are 150 seats to be filled. I guess if I can offer you some hope, some of my friends with great GPAs are just applying there as a backup. They said if they get accepted in Ga they will stay here. So hopefully others feel the same way that has higher GPAs. Then you know some will be ruled out because they didn't complete their applications. If you get an interview just impress them as much as you can...

Last edited:
I'm also waiting on the response from them :( But if you say they received so many applications then I am not putting too much hope into it my gpa isnt the greatest :(

My GPA wasn't the greatest either. Guess we are in the same boat....

My GPA wasn't the greatest either. Guess we are in the same boat....

Mine isn't that great either, but i got into the two schools i interviewed at and rejected 3 interviews since i didnt need to go. Famu would just be cheaper and i wouldnt have to relocate.

We were told that there are 150 seats to be filled. I guess if I can offer you some hope, some of my friends with great GPAs are just applying there as a backup. They said if they get accepted in Ga they will stay here. So hopefully others feel the same way that has higher GPAs. Then you know some will be ruled out because they didn't complete their applications. If you get an interview just impress them as much as you can...

thanks

Last edited:
Mine isn't that great either, but i got into the two schools i interviewed at and rejected 3 interviews since i didnt need to go. Famu would just be cheaper and i wouldnt have to relocate.
thats nice. good luck!

Last edited:
If you dont mind would you share your gpa? Mine is 2.67 when I got my BA in 2008 and now I am retaking a lot of science classes and getting A's but could only get it to 2.9 so far :(

Mine is a 3.16. I also have a BA :)

If you dont mind would you share your gpa? Mine is 2.67 when I got my BA in 2008 and now I am retaking a lot of science classes and getting A's but could only get it to 2.9 so far :(

My pharmcas gpa was a 2.9 which includes retakes, but it's a 3.3 without pharmacs. Now my classes where ten years ago that i failed to drop and got F's and D's in and the last 60 hours of classes I have an average of about 3.5.

how many schools did u guys apply to? and how many did you get interviews/accepted?

I heard they are accepting 150-180 students for class of 2016 and the pre-pharm students that applied are not that many so transfer students have a good chance this year and what school are you in? Goodluck!

They are not just looking for gpa they need the whole package; personal statement, recommendation letter, leadership skills, community service and stuff like that and if you have all these even with a low gpa you shouldn't have any fear. Goodluck!

how many hours of community service do schools like to see?

Last edited:
I have a 3.57 overall GPA and science GPA is like 3.72, i applied to famu but no response yet. i am so tired of waiting.

should we expect a call or a letter for an interview? does anyone know? has anyone heard from them yet?

You should get a letter in the mail and they are going to start sending out letters next week and interviews would follow the next week and everyone should get a letter before the end of March.

I have a 3.57 overall GPA and science GPA is like 3.72, i applied to famu but no response yet. i am so tired of waiting.

They have not started sending out letters. They are going to start next week. Be patient and goodluck.

You should get a letter in the mail and they are going to start sending out letters next week and interviews would follow the next week and everyone should get a letter before the end of March.
all the schools i looked up have already given a response to students .....

Last edited:
this school had some problems in the past is that so?

Last edited:
They have not started sending out letters. They are going to start next week. Be patient and goodluck.

I dont think they will call me, because they said i did not submit my transcript, but i have send them 6 copies already to undergrad as well as pharmacy departmen, and if thats the case, i will sue the post office, i have every reciept, i have called them, they never pick up. i am so frustrated. i have done everything they wanted, now they say to send them transcript again and i m not going to do it, lets see what they do.

I dont think they will call me, because they said i did not submit my transcript, but i have send them 6 copies already to undergrad as well as pharmacy departmen, and if thats the case, i will sue the post office, i have every reciept, i have called them, they never pick up. i am so frustrated. i have done everything they wanted, now they say to send them transcript again and i m not going to do it, lets see what they do.

Waiit did u send ur transcript youurself ? Cause it had to bee sent directly from your school. And another thing is they don't accept electroniic transcripts. So you have to make sure the school sends them paper form.

Ok if the college of pharmacy already received your transcript then you shouldn't have any problem, but if they have not received your transcript then there is no way you can get a letter and you need to make sure your school sent the transcript to famu and also make sure you call famu too cos in the past they misplaced people's document and i called the office yesterday again and they said they are going to mail out the interview letters end of month so we should be receiving them in April and btw i am currently attending famu. If you have any questions feel free to ask me or pm me. Keep calling them EVERYDAY about your transcript. All the best!

Hey everyone i called the office yesterday and they said interview letters will be mailed out end of the month, which means we should be getting it first week of April and then interview would be the following week.

^^^^LOL in other words the wait continues. I guess I will start looking at post bac schools.

Waiit did u send ur transcript youurself ? Cause it had to bee sent directly from your school. And another thing is they don't accept electroniic transcripts. So you have to make sure the school sends them paper form.
Not entirely true. A few of my friends hand delivered their packages WITH their transcripts to the pharmacy department and it was fine. I think as long as it has the seal in the background of the transcript and the seal across the envelope it will be fine.

If I was you I will resend it. If you live close by the school ask will it be ok if you can bring it in yourself. If they say it's ok then request the transcripts from your school/s, and take them yourself. That way you know it is in their hands.

If I was you I will resend it. If you live close by the school ask will it be ok if you can bring it in yourself. If they say it's ok then request the transcripts from your school/s, and take them yourself. That way you know it is in their hands.

Forget it, I dont know why they r so slow. plus, their attitude is very bad. i called them and they keep sending me to one executive to another, and no one picks up the phone, pathetic, i try to tell them my problem, they told me call the help desk, then they say click this and that, i follow that but still they dont change it. i dont feel like calling them anymore.

Forget it, I dont know why they r so slow. plus, their attitude is very bad. i called them and they keep sending me to one executive to another, and no one picks up the phone, pathetic, i try to tell them my problem, they told me call the help desk, then they say click this and that, i follow that but still they dont change it. i dont feel like calling them anymore.

Dont just give up so soon. Are you trying to call college of pharmacy or famu admission office because i can give you a direct number to call and do you stay in Tallahassee?

^^^^LOL in other words the wait continues. I guess I will start looking at post bac schools.

Tell me about it..... Its so depressing and this semester am taking 8 classes including organic 2 and i can barely concentrate because am thinking when they are going to send out the letters lol and i guess we have no other choice but to wait :(

Not entirely true. A few of my friends hand delivered their packages WITH their transcripts to the pharmacy department and it was fine. I think as long as it has the seal in the background of the transcript and the seal across the envelope it will be fine.

mhmm thats strange.

Last edited:
Dont just give up so soon. Are you trying to call college of pharmacy or famu admission office because i can give you a direct number to call and do you stay in Tallahassee?

plz give me the direct number to famu. i dont live in tallahassee, i live in west palm beach.

Finally, did they just go out today or ?

My cousin/best friend is currently enrolled in the Pharmacy program over there and her advisor told her to tell me that the letters are in the mail. So I am guessing that they went out yesterday or are going out today. Good luck!!! Post as soon as you hear something!