FAMU College of Pharmacy 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
edit. will fix later

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I recieved my letter in the mail today (3-12-13). I am not a transfer student. Hopefully you all recieved letters today, also!

I recieved my letter in the mail today (3-12-13). I am not a transfer student. Hopefully you all recieved letters today, also!

Congratulations! :) Is it for acceptance or interview?

Lol Us, transfers gotta wait some more. They said a couple of weeks at least.

Sent from my SPH-M930BST using SDN Mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Transfer students,

The interview letters are in the mail!!! I got mine today!!!!! Fingers crossed for all of us!!!!!

Transfer students,

The interview letters are in the mail!!! I got mine today!!!!! Fingers crossed for all of us!!!!!

Oh man! Congrats! Where do you live if you don't mind me asking?

Sent from my SPH-M930BST using SDN Mobile

I am sorry I typed that wrong... I am a transfer student.

Congrats!!! Thats amazing. I am a transfer student and I live in Saint Petersburg. About 4 - 5 hours away from FAMU. I really hope I get my letter tomorrow or thursday!! Fingers crossed. Super nervous.

KDUR, Where do you live?? I'm about 4-5 hours from Famu. I live in St.Petersburg Florida. Hoping I get a letter in the mail tomorrow or thursday!! Congrats!!

Congrats to all those who have received letters. Hopefully we all get ours this week. Good luck to everyone

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry I sent that message before reading that some of you have received letters already lol! I received mine last night 3/12/13 and I am very happy and excited and also very nervous about the interviewing process! Good luck and congrats to all!

I just hope I get a letter in general. LOL, I live in So. E. Flo so it should be longer. So, how many of their own students in that 0-6 program did they accept? Maybe we'll get a good outlook on how many transfers they'll take in.

Congrats to all the others who have received letters thus far. :)

Hi! Have u scheduled a time and date for your interview yet?

I just hope I get a letter in general. LOL, I live in So. E. Flo so it should be longer. So, how many of their own students in that 0-6 program did they accept? Maybe we'll get a good outlook on how many transfers they'll take in.

Congrats to all the others who have received letters thus far. :)

Hi, I received mine yesterday so don't worry yours should be coming soon also! But I'm not sure how many of their own students they accepted last year but from my understanding there were like a equal number of their students and transfer students accepted, so I guess it was half pre-pharm and half transfer.

Hi, I received mine yesterday so don't worry yours should be coming soon also! But I'm not sure how many of their own students they accepted last year but from my understanding there were like a equal number of their students and transfer students accepted, so I guess it was half pre-pharm and half transfer.

Thanks. I'm just praying and waiting at this point. So does the letter state what dates and times are available?

Congrats to everyone that has received a letter thus far. I'm hoping that I just get a letter in general also!! Still waiting on the mail to come today! They have the main campus then the Crestview campus also. That allows for more students to be accepted. Lets hope for the best!

Congrats to everyone that already received their invitation letter and good luck to those still waiting. Don't give up hope!! We are all amazing individuals that will accomplish great things. I received my letter today. So again, good luck to all!!

Thanks. I'm just praying and waiting at this point. So does the letter state what dates and times are available?

Yes there are a set of dates we have to choose from and I believe the last day is the second week of April if I'm not mistaken.

KDUR, Where do you live?? I'm about 4-5 hours from Famu. I live in St.Petersburg Florida. Hoping I get a letter in the mail tomorrow or thursday!! Congrats!!
I live in Blakely, GA, about an hour and half from Tallahassee.

Just got home and opened up my letter and I have an interview. Thank God. I'm praying for everybody still waiting on letters. Hope we all make it

^LOL when you checked yours I knew to check mines as well.

I got an interview invitation as well. Yippee! :3

So that's one potential heart attacks evaded. Now the other two is a different story. The interview as well as the acceptance letter potential heart attacks.

^LOL when you checked yours I knew to check mines as well.

I got an interview invitation as well. Yippee! :3

So that's one potential heart attacks evaded. Now the other two is a different story. The interview as well as the acceptance letter potential heart attacks.

Congrats. Now its time to dongood.on these interviews

Congrats everyone!!! Still waiting on my letter to come. I'm about 5-6 hours away!! I'm hoping it comes in the mail today.

^I'd thought you'd receive yours before I did since I live further away. Gotta love snail mail and it's logic.

Well, when you do get your invite, let us know! We gotta comfort each other from the pre-interview stress. XD

^I'd thought you'd receive yours before I did since I live further away. Gotta love snail mail and it's logic.

Well, when you do get your invite, let us know! We gotta comfort each other from the pre-interview stress. XD

Just received my invitation. Im trying to schedule my trip up state since I live in Miami. But the flights are ridiculously expensive. Dont know if to drive or use the Red Line bus service.

Anyone from the South Florida area willing to go the same day. We can save some $$$

^Congrats!

I would but I'm traveling with family and we're actually staying in another town overnight. :/

A round-trip flight was 347 dollars from American Airlines on Expedia. Yeah, crazy. What's this I hear about Red Line Bus service? I never saw them but I'm going to have to look them up.

Just received my invitation. Im trying to schedule my trip up state since I live in Miami. But the flights are ridiculously expensive. Dont know if to drive or use the Red Line bus service.

Anyone from the South Florida area willing to go the same day. We can save some $$$

Im in broward county and I have 2 others that are trying to land interviews on the same day so we can save some money. Let me know if interested.

Im in broward county and I have 2 others that are trying to land interviews on the same day so we can save some money. Let me know if interested.

Well I am planning on going the second week of March. Dont want to attend too late in the interview process. I was looking on going the 26 of March. Thats a tuesday.

As for the $347 for the round trip flight believe it or not it is not that bad if you consider coming back the same day. Imagine Gas or Bus $200+ and Hotel?? Thats pretty much equal or more expensive if we look at the amount of time it takes us to get there and back.

Yeah I know!!! I'm still waiting for it to come in the mail. Seems like the east coast are receiving there letters a little faster lmao!! Congrats everyone. Hopefully it will be in the mail today!

What questions did they ask you last year?

I cannot remember alot of them, but if you go to last years thread you can find some of them that were posted.

They often have at least 3 people in the room interviewing you and i have heard of up to 5 or 6. They are also known for pretty difficult interviews (people come out cring etc.) but if you are prepared it shouldnt be a big deal

You will get asked the basic questions, why pharmacy, why famu, what have you done to be sure pharmacy is for you. you will most likely get asked some ethics type questions as well.

Good luck

Good luck to everyone who scheduled there interviews for this upcoming week, mine is scheduled for the 28th and I am super nervous!

Just got my interview letter this morning! :thumbup: I live in Tally, I'd love to put some of you up, but my apartment is a tiny glorified closet. Any way we can find out an approximation of what percentage of the interview pool gets accepted?

Congrats!!! I wonder how the letters are being sent out. In batches or alphabetically?? No letter yet for me! AHHHH lol. Congrats to all so far!! :)

On my way to work today I was just hearing about the FAMU limbo and how it's on the verge of being lost on the Tom Joyner Morning Show. I think mission707 mentioned that this was happening.

This is big y'all. If they fail for maintaining their status, all will be for naught. I have a feeling they'll pull through but just the thought is scary.

I just set the date and time for my interview! I'm a transfer student that attends FAMU.

On my way to work today I was just hearing about the FAMU limbo and how it's on the verge of being lost on the Tom Joyner Morning Show. I think mission707 mentioned that this was happening.

This is big y'all. If they fail for maintaining their status, all will be for naught. I have a feeling they'll pull through but just the thought is scary.

"In limbo" what do you mean by that?

Is it the Pharmacy school or the entire FAMU University?

I know that the Collge of Pharmacy was recently visited by the accredidation committee. When do you think they will find out?

Good pointer by the way.

"In limbo" what do you mean by that?

Is it the Pharmacy school or the entire FAMU University?

I know that the Collge of Pharmacy was recently visited by the accredidation committee. When do you think they will find out?

Good pointer by the way.

When I say "In limbo" I mean the outcome is in some sort of suspense in which it could go one way or the other.

This will effect the entire university.

I have no idea but I hope soon. We gotta keep our eyes and ears peeled for the FAMU website as well as the media.

Congrats to everybody that received an interview invitation!! I set my interview date and time for Tuesday, April 9th at 12 pm. I was wondering if anybody would be interested in switching appointments with me. I'm looking for an appointment for the week of April 1-5 any time before 1 pm. I know I'm asking for a huge favor, but if someone would not mind rescheduling please contact me. Thank you and congrats again!

Is anyone going for their interview tomorrow? I am going for mine Thursday at 10:30....starting to get a little nervous: :/

I have an appointment on Monday, March 25th at 1:00pm:scared::cry: