FAMU College of Pharmacy 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is anyone going for their interview tomorrow? I am going for mine Thursday at 10:30....starting to get a little nervous: :/

Good luck on your interview tomorrow!!

Members don't see this ad.

kdur,

How was the interview? What did they ask you? Aren't you glad it's over?

Who all has had their interview? How did it go?

Members don't see this ad :)
Man, it sure is quiet round these parts.

Anyone wanna talk about the interview? How'd it go?

Sent from my SPH-M930BST using SDN Mobile

Just had my interview and it was great.

Just had my interview and it was great.

That's good. I wish I could say the same about mines. I also had it today at 12:30. It was meh. :/

Sent from my SPH-M930BST using SDN Mobile

I was a little worried at first but once I got in there and starting talking all that went away. I had mine earlier at 10:30

I was a little worried at first but once I got in there and starting talking all that went away. I had mine earlier at 10:30
How long was your interview? Mine was Wednesday and it lasted about 15-20 minutes.

Mine's was about 15 minutes. :/ Now we gotta wait until who know's? I think it was around May?

Argh.

Yep. 15-20 minutes for me. We should hear something before the end of the semester

When I asked when we might hear back my interviewers said sometime in April.

It has been really quiet on here lately. How is everybody? My interview is Tuesday. Any tips? And what is the dress code for the interview?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Professional business attire. During my interview everyone was with suite and tie so dress to impress

It has been really quiet on here lately. How is everybody? My interview is Tuesday. Any tips? And what is the dress code for the interview?

I speak for myself when I say anxious. If the general consensus feels the same well, there you have it. :laugh: I should have asked around when we should hear back but someone else asked and they said sometime in April. Interviews end this Wednesday so I'm guessing last week of April is when we should hear something.

A tip is to remain calm in the interview room. They are known to be more aggressive than your typical Admissions Committee. Keep in mind also that they have at least 2 people in the room. The best is 2 the worst expect 5-6.

Like PJL said dress for success. Business attire is best.

Good luck!:thumbup:

I am SO ANXIOUS!! Does anyone plan on calling anytime this week to see if letter are being sent out soon? Also, did anyone else sit and figure the amount of people being interviewed out? If they only interview from 9 to 2 with an hour lunch break and each interview is 15 minutes they only could have interviewed at the most 208 people... Just curious if anyone knows how many people were interviewed?

I am SO ANXIOUS!! Does anyone plan on calling anytime this week to see if letter are being sent out soon? Also, did anyone else sit and figure the amount of people being interviewed out? If they only interview from 9 to 2 with an hour lunch break and each interview is 15 minutes they only could have interviewed at the most 208 people... Just curious if anyone knows how many people were interviewed?
Although each interview is 15 minutes, each interview was scheduled for every 30 minutes. So, if the interview times were from 9 to 2, with an "hour" lunch break, that's 8 interviews a day (5hours - 1hour lunch break)*(2 interviews every hour)=8 interviews. Interviews dates were from March 20th to April 10th. Only 16 of those days were during the week. 8*16= 128 interviews for transfers. Maybe when they say that they interview over 200, that's also including the pre-pharm students. I don't know...I might be right, might be wrong. But tomorrow is the last day and that's really when the bubble guts come!!! Fingers crossed!!

^LOL. The BGs. We all know them too well. They are going to come around the time somebody says they have a letter. When that day comes the post office workers better watch out. We're gonna stalk them each and every day until we get that acceptance letter.

I'll try to call this Friday with the expectancy to get shot down for information. I've tried for the interview.

I hope that over 200 would include their pre-pharmacy students. I hear they are pretty much guaranteed a spot in the program so I am curious as to how many there actually were. I actually chose the Crestview location as my choice of campus, so maybe that will better my chances. :xf: . Ugh I feel sick just thinking about it. I had three interviewers in there with me. How many did you guys have? Also, did they ask the question and then once you answered ask more and make you elaborate on the topic? I hope we ALL get in that would be GREAT. Did anybody else really choose Crestview campus?

I hope that over 200 would include their pre-pharmacy students. I hear they are pretty much guaranteed a spot in the program so I am curious as to how many there actually were. I actually chose the Crestview location as my choice of campus, so maybe that will better my chances. :xf: . Ugh I feel sick just thinking about it. I had three interviewers in there with me. How many did you guys have? Also, did they ask the question and then once you answered ask more and make you elaborate on the topic? I hope we ALL get in that would be GREAT. Did anybody else really choose Crestview campus?

I chose "No Preference". I think that would be the better choice as it means you don't care which campus you get into as long as you get in. But that's just my thinking.

I had two interviewers at the time I went. That was the only good thing about my interview. :laugh: Yeah, when I answered, they repeated themselves on a couple of questions so I had to elaborate. Internally, I was like "OMG I'm screwing up." But it is what it is. :/ I feel you on the sickness. As soon as I walked out I was like "God. I hope I get in. I don't care where."

I'm curious. Did you or anyone else get asked about "How do you feel about Distance Learning? What is distance learning to you?" Or something of that nature at the end?

Last edited:
Yes, I did get asked about distance learning. I actually love distance learning because I do that through UWF. Have you applied to any other pharmacy schools? Also, they made me take a survey about distance learning, but I think everyone had to do that. My interview lasted about 20-25 minutes. They were SUPER serious the whole time constantly jotting down on their papers. I'm a minority too so I was nervous! I think it went pretty good though.

There's still another batch of interview letters to go out. Hopefully us who interviewed already wtil hear something next week.

@tlc Yes, I have as backup. But I really want FAMU. ;A; REAAAAAAAALLY want it. They asked me "what are all the schools you have applied for and say them in preferred order." Then when I said I wanted FAMU first they were like "Why?" Then I listed my reasons.

Yeah, I had to take the distance ed. survey as well.

Yes, they were. I mean "Sheesh". I didn't get them to crack a smile. Stone cold foxes they are. Haha! Oh well as long as I did satisfactory enough to warrant acceptance then it's alright with me.

@abdc Really? Where'd you hear that from? That's interesting...

Last edited:
Glad to see this thread alive. I think everyone went through the distant learning scenario.
My interview was pretty good I hope. I was able to get them both to crack a smile. At first they were stiff but by the end I was feeling good.

I think best case scenario is we hear something towards the end of this month. Just stayed prayed up and everything will work out. Good luck to everyone.

What do you mean another batch of interview letters? More people to interview?

I guess the waiting game really begins today. I am so anxious and nervous! My interview went alright. I had three people in mine and they were all very serious the whole time. I hope we hear something back by the end of April! What is this about another batch of interview letters?

There's still another batch of interview letters to go out. Hopefully us who interviewed already wtil hear something next week.

Luuuuuuuucy, you've got some splainin' to do.

I doubt your name's Lucy though. :smuggrin:

I just called the college of pharmacy and I was told that the letters have been mailed out and those of us who have interviewed should know something by the end of next week at the latest. They also told me that there will be another group of interviewers which was confusing to me?

I just called the college of pharmacy and I was told that the letters have been mailed out and those of us who have interviewed should know something by the end of next week at the latest. They also told me that there will be another group of interviewers which was confusing to me?

Wow thats good info. I didint think they would be so soon. I guess they did the entire process in 2 parts which is good news. Lets all wait and see. Good luck to all

Wow thats good info. I didint think they would be so soon. I guess they did the entire process in 2 parts which is good news. Lets all wait and see. Good luck to all
I'm so confused now. I don't think they did multiple rounds of interviews in previous years. I wonder if being in the first round of interviews is a good thing? Whichever the case maybe, fingers crossed!!! And was today the first day they sent out acceptance letters?

Yikes! I am very nervous now! Good luck to everyone! :)

I'm so confused now. I don't think they did multiple rounds of interviews in previous years. I wonder if being in the first round of interviews is a good thing? Whichever the case maybe, fingers crossed!!! And was today the first day they sent out acceptance letters?
I wonder if they are setting up interviews for the transfer students? When I went for my interview I sat by a transfer student while I was waiting to be called back. I want to say she told me that transfer students would not interview until April.

I guess they did do it in a 2 process manner. I would think being in the first round of interviews is a good thing, but thats just me.I guess we will see! Good luck everyone!

I'm wondering did the person u spoke to meant that the acceptance letters that have been mailed out are for the PRE-PHARM students? Because mind u, they were interviewed first way back in February sometime before spring break, and us transfers did not start being interviewed until around the 21st of March up until yesterday April 10th. If they are sending out another batch of letters for interviews then of course it is for more transfer students. So if there are 2 rounds of acceptance letters, I'm guessing the pre-pharm students will get theirs the first round and us transfers the 2nd or last round. Either way I'm hoping we all hear good news and I am praying for the best!

I am a transfer student and I have already interviewed. I have no idea what they meant by it. Maybe someone else should call and update us?

Okay so I called this morning and asked "Did any letters regarding decisions go out for transfer students?" The employee at the office of student services gave me a flat-out "No". Figures as the interviews just finished for transfers. So we gotta wait a little while longer.

Then I asked about the additional interviews probability. She said there's no guarantee if they are going to conduct a second batch or not. It was possible.

Yes, I also just called then again and they said no they would be mailed out in about 3 weeks. So, apparently whoever I talked to yesterday didn't know what they wears talking about!

Luuuuuuuucy, you've got some splainin' to do.

I doubt your name's Lucy though. :smuggrin:

I was told there is another round of interview letters to be sent. I'm anxious to know how true that is.

I'm checking my mailbox Monday for a possible acceptance letter.

Yes, I also just called then again and they said no they would be mailed out in about 3 weeks. So, apparently whoever I talked to yesterday didn't know what they wears talking about!
I don't know what to believe anymore. I just called, and whomever I spoke with said that she doesn't know but she does know that they will be mailed out when interviews are over. And I asked if interviews were over and she said no. Well, when I called earlier this week, she told me that interviews would be over today. So all I can do is hope for the best, the letters can come tomorrow. I don't know if they are trying to give us the runaround so we can have the element of surprise when we receive the letters, but I am not a happy camper with all of this waiting! I hope the waiting isn't in vain!!! Good luck everyone! Just take a deep breath and believe that we are all going to see each other in the Fall!!!

Well, it's Monday now so I guess I will be checking my nail box constantly this week. If anybody calls today to ask if the letters have been sent please let us know what they told you. I have been told two different things and so have others on here. I'm so anxious!

Well, it's Monday now so I guess I will be checking my nail box constantly this week. If anybody calls today to ask if the letters have been sent please let us know what they told you. I have been told two different things and so have others on here. I'm so anxious!

I wouldn't hound the mailman just yet unless you live in the Tally area.

I'm going to stick with late April/early May time slot. It would be nice if it was earlier.

@abdc Yeah, I'm starting to think that what you've mentioned does hold some weight to it since the lady I spoken with didn't give me a solid "No".

What could that mean though? Could that be that there werent enough qualified applicants the first go around? :scared:

I just called and they said that the second round of interviews weren't finished but if I was in the first round I should hear middle of next week.

I didn't ask. I need to call back later and ask when that ends and why exactly they are having a second round of interviews because that can be a good or a bad thing.

I didn't ask. I need to call back later and ask when that ends and why exactly they are having a second round of interviews because that can be a good or a bad thing.

Well I called and was quite plainly told that they were only allowed to say that there are 2 weeks until they send out letters. When I asked about what the 2nd interviews meant (not enough people applied, not enough from the first round were accepted, etc) and when they would be over but the woman said she didn't have any information about that.

Well I called and was quite plainly told that they were only allowed to say that there are 2 weeks until they send out letters. When I asked about what the 2nd interviews meant (not enough people applied, not enough from the first round were accepted, etc) and when they would be over but the woman said she didn't have any information about that.
I'm thinking the first round of interviews were students in their 6 year program and the second round are transfer students.

All of this is just confusing me. So if we were in the first round we should know by next week? Or should we know in about 3 weeks since they said they can only say 2weeks? Also I'm a transfer student and I was in the first batch of interviews. :/ stressing me out to the max is an understatement...

All of this is just confusing me. So if we were in the first round we should know by next week? Or should we know in about 3 weeks since they said they can only say 2weeks? Also I'm a transfer student and I was in the first batch of interviews. :/ stressing me out to the max is an understatement...

I agree. Every time I have called I have gotten a different answer each time. I would call again but I think it's just going to get even more confusing so I'm just going to wait until I get a letter in the mail- whenever that may be.

Won't be for another couple weeks i think.

The reason you guys are getting confuse is because the people at the front desk don't know the answer. I call last year and they said 2 weeks and I got my letter the next day. Anyways, just be patient you will get your decision letters. Stressing out and calling them about the letter will not make it come any faster.