Feedback Requested for Therapeutics Video Series

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CritCare PharmD

PharmD
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would anyone be interested in providing feedback regarding a pharmacotherapy video series I'm thinking about creating? I've created a short, 10-minute "demo" video reviewing the pharmacology and pharmacotherapy of ACE inhibitors and ARBs (see embedded YouTube video below or at http://clincalc.com/academy).

I'm hoping to gauge the interest level of P2-P4 pharmacy students for a complete video series covering a list of the top 250 outpatient medications (I couldn't stop at just 200). Each video would be less than 10 minutes and would cover some of the most important points that a typical pharmacy student (or practicing pharmacist) should know.

Any thoughts and feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I am not a current pharmacy student, but my two cents is that it was very clear and informative :)

P3. I thought this was great! Good pace; clear, interesting!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a P2, I thought it was good! it was a little toooo basic maybe? I think it would have been good to show all the brand/generics, not just 3 popular ones. You don't have to say anything about them, but just have a list for completion (captopril?). I think having doses would be good, and how to convert from one drug to another? ( like lisinopril to enalapril)....alsoo maybe how to antagonize if it applies to the drug (like nalaxone for ACEi overdose). and finally, but most importantly, counseling points :) :)
I think you can still keep it at 10 minutes and just talk a little faster. the pace was kinda slow for me, I wanted to put you on 1.5x speed lol

Havent watched the video yet (youtube is blocked at work) but imo there is a lof of content like this on you tube....

What I really want are more podcasts with this kind of info. Great to listen to on the way into work/school.

Thanks for the feedback. About a year later, the videos are finally done! The updated page is available at https://clincalc.com/academy

The video course covers the top 250 drugs using just over 60 short videos. I tried to make each video as high-yield as possible -- focusing on the most important material and avoiding any fluff. Each video has quiz questions to help with comprehension.

I would love any new feedback!

Thanks for the feedback. About a year later, the videos are finally done! The updated page is available at https://clincalc.com/academy

The video course covers the top 250 drugs using just over 60 short videos. I tried to make each video as high-yield as possible -- focusing on the most important material and avoiding any fluff. Each video has quiz questions to help with comprehension.

I would love any new feedback!

I just watched the RAAS video and thought that it was pretty good! The only suggestion I would make regarding the video is to clarify that aldosterone is secreted from the Zona Glomerulosa of the adrenal cortex and not the kidney. Also, you could help students understand how an ACEi can cause a transient decrease in GFR by stating that angiotensin II preferentially constricts the efferent arteriole in order to preserve GFR. Overall I thought the video did a good job explaining a complex subject matter in a simple and easy to understand format.

I just watched the RAAS video and thought that it was pretty good! The only suggestion I would make regarding the video is to clarify that aldosterone is secreted from the Zona Glomerulosa of the adrenal cortex and not the kidney. Also, you could help students understand how an ACEi can cause a transient decrease in GFR by stating that angiotensin II preferentially constricts the efferent arteriole in order to preserve GFR. Overall I thought the video did a good job explaining a complex subject matter in a simple and easy to understand format.

Thanks for the detailed feedback! I tried to design each video to cover the basics of the drug class to build foundational understanding -- there's definitely a balance between being comprehensive/detailed and focusing on the most important points within a 10 minute period to emphasize the most critical points.

What I really want are more podcasts with this kind of info. Great to listen to on the way into work/school.

I would also recommend podcasts for those of us who have long commutes. Another suggestion I personally have would be to create cuts of videos that summarize only the drugs in particular classes, so that we can review them all at once for a top 200 drug exam. Overall, I like the videos though - they're a lot more informative and less boring than flipping through index cards.

Just wondering, are the videos still downloadable? Personally, I just like to have them in Windows Media Player so that I can play them at 1.5-2x speed, or in audio format so I can listen to them as I drive.

Last edited:
Another suggestion I personally have would be to create cuts of videos that summarize only the drugs in particular classes, so that we can review them all at once for a top 200 drug exam.
Thanks for the feedback -- it would be tough to distill the information too much further down. About the only thing to cut out for a brief review would be some of the pharmacology and pathophysiology, but it would only reduce the video length by a minute or two on average.

Just wondering, are the videos still downloadable?
I've played around with having the videos downloadable. I actually had a "download-only" version on the page for a while, where instead of accessing the videos through the website, you could just download the entire thing, but it didn't seem to be very popular. Do you think the videos are too "visual" for an audio-only format (eg, while driving)?