This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

flexmedapplicant

Reaction score
I am applying for the FlexMed program at Mount Sinai and if accepted, I'd really want to go. But I've heard some troubling things about how since I got accepted early and won't be applying to other schools, Mt. Sinai wouldn't feel the need to offer me a good financial aid package. I know med school debt is basically a rite of passage, but I'm a first-gen, low-income student. I can only attend college right now because of a full ride, and if I can, I'd like as much financial aid as possible for med school.

So in general, does Mt. Sinai give good financial aid, at least for those who would be considered low income (under $60,000 a year for a family of four)? Is it known to be really bad for FlexMed students? Also, say I got into the program but had to reject it because the financial aid was really bad—is it true that I'd be blacklisted my NY hospitals when I apply for residency?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you’re competitive for flexmed, I would advise just waiting to apply to compare FA offers unless you’re below the line mentioned above. A bunch of top schools offer full COA nowadays