Finding Housing in Australia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drdawg13

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I am ketan, i am a 3 rd year resident in the US. I am going to sydney for feb 11 to march 11th and need a place to stay. I don't know how to find housing. Is there classifieds of a local paper on line? a housing forum?

I am chill and laid back. I love to party but not in the house, i like to go out and try new things. i look forward to doing things in sydney such as scubadive and many other outdoor activities...

please if you know anyone who needs a roommate for a month or has an extra room. i would love to find out how to contact them! you can email me privately or put a message here.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Ketan...you can try the website http://www.realestate.com.au/ but since you're staying for a month, maybe you do need to know someone over here with an empty room if you're intending to bunk in for a short time...good luck with your search!

You could always check out Craigslist. I know they have postings on there for temp housing.

hey--3rd year med student at Sydney uni here. try domain.com.au and look for share accomodation. what hospital are you working at? that influences where you stay. tough to find housing for just 4 weeks; don't think any of my friends need a sublet at the moment. there are hostels, which might give you a cheaper rate for a whole month; also a few other places which might rent out rooms for short stay...sydney university village (they have a website) and unilodge (don't know if they do but google it).

hope that helps.

Tina