Florida MPJE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gaucon1973

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I took the Florida MPJE 4 week ago, and I didn't make it. I only study from the material from the board and the book guide to federal pharmacy law. Most of the questions are kind of related to real practice, and I even don't know where to look for the answers :(( I heard this book http://www.helppasspharmacylaw.com/ is a good for MPJE preparing, but it is too expensive. I just wonder if anyone has this book for sell or any idea about preparing for the MPJE in Florida. I am thinking to retake the exam within one month. I do appreciate your help.

Gaucon

Members don't see this ad.

So I took the test on Saturday, and I have to say that itwas not that bad. I think I passed it,with key emphasis on ‘passing', not nailing it lol. There are a lot of people who say they failed it, but they end up getting high scores. I am not one of those people. When I took the Illinois MPJE back in 2009, I studied directly off myUniversity Review Class notes, and I have to say most of the questions werebased directly off the notes. For the Illinois,I studied for less than 2 weeks on and off playing playstation 3 working parttime as an intern. After I got done withthe Illinois, I felt like I passed it, and that is all that really mattered tome.

With the Florida however, there were no University basednotes, so all I had were Pronto Pass Notes, and rxlaw.org notes. The pronto pass notes were missing a lot ofthings, while the rxlaw.org notes were basically copying and pasting boardrules in a slightly more organized format. I had 2 extremes going, and it was hard to reconcile with the notes. It's only until the very end that I received somedecent notes. Had I received those notesearlier, I would have taken the test much earlier, instead of wasting time condensingthe detailed/narrative statutes/rules in the rxlaw.org notes. Plus I am working close to 50 hours a week asan Rph hardly having anytime to do anything else. I guess when it comes to taking the MPJE forany state, condensed University type based notes are the most efficient/bestway to study.

I am not sure what type of bizarre questions MindOvermatterwas referring to, but if you have not worked in a retail setting, I can see howit would be difficult to answer some questions. Without telling you specific questions, I CAN give you a few pointers:

Know the difference between FIORICET and FIORINAL. I had 3 questions based on that.

Know the NAME BRAND and Generic of C2 drugs. They assume that you know the names ofcertain C2 drugs.

Definitely know the rules of PRESCRIBING/DISPENSING C2. Such as partial filling, patient requestingcertain amount. Rules onmissing/modifying C2 hardcopy Rx. Whatare the rules on emergency C2 filling?

I had Detox protocol questions, I did not study that much,but they were on there. Know the drugsin detox protocol.

I had a lot of questions on TRANSFERING prescriptions. Know the rules on transferring prescriptionsbetween pharmacies.

I had questions on having access to records or recordkeeping/filing prescriptions for pharmacy/pharmacies.

They also asked DEA form questions and procedures
Adulterated vs Misbranded questions
Keep in mind that the pointers that I am providing issomething any person would have said to you for taking any MPJE test for anystate. Duh! Lol. Another advise I would give is to know justmemorize rules, but try to find a way to apply it. They give SCENERIO based questionsmostly. They do give direct questionsalso. I hope this helps, hopefully I passed. I don't want to take it again L

I wont be able to focus on studying for CPJE unless I know for sure I passed the Florida MPJE :-/

Reactions: 1 user
Maybe 20% of what I studied in depth was on the test...unfortunately, all versions of the test are not equal. Most states do give you a more concise compilation of rules, etc., but not Florida! Their stuff is all across the board!

So I took the test on Saturday, and I have to say that itwas not that bad. I think I passed it,with key emphasis on ‘passing’, not nailing it lol. There are a lot of people who say they failed it, but they end up getting high scores. I am not one of those people. When I took the Illinois MPJE back in 2009, I studied directly off myUniversity Review Class notes, and I have to say most of the questions werebased directly off the notes. For the Illinois,I studied for less than 2 weeks on and off playing playstation 3 working parttime as an intern. After I got done withthe Illinois, I felt like I passed it, and that is all that really mattered tome.

With the Florida however, there were no University basednotes, so all I had were Pronto Pass Notes, and rxlaw.org notes. The pronto pass notes were missing a lot ofthings, while the rxlaw.org notes were basically copying and pasting boardrules in a slightly more organized format. I had 2 extremes going, and it was hard to reconcile with the notes. It’s only until the very end that I received somedecent notes. Had I received those notesearlier, I would have taken the test much earlier, instead of wasting time condensingthe detailed/narrative statutes/rules in the rxlaw.org notes. Plus I am working close to 50 hours a week asan Rph hardly having anytime to do anything else. I guess when it comes to taking the MPJE forany state, condensed University type based notes are the most efficient/bestway to study.

I am not sure what type of bizarre questions MindOvermatterwas referring to, but if you have not worked in a retail setting, I can see howit would be difficult to answer some questions. Without telling you specific questions, I CAN give you a few pointers:

Know the difference between FIORICET and FIORINAL. I had 3 questions based on that.

Know the NAME BRAND and Generic of C2 drugs. They assume that you know the names ofcertain C2 drugs.

Definitely know the rules of PRESCRIBING/DISPENSING C2. Such as partial filling, patient requestingcertain amount. Rules onmissing/modifying C2 hardcopy Rx. Whatare the rules on emergency C2 filling?

I had Detox protocol questions, I did not study that much,but they were on there. Know the drugsin detox protocol.

I had a lot of questions on TRANSFERING prescriptions. Know the rules on transferring prescriptionsbetween pharmacies.

I had questions on having access to records or recordkeeping/filing prescriptions for pharmacy/pharmacies.

Keep in mind that the pointers that I am providing issomething any person would have said to you for taking any MPJE test for anystate. Duh! Lol. Another advise I would give is to know justmemorize rules, but try to find a way to apply it. They give SCENERIO based questionsmostly. They do give direct questionsalso. I hope this helps, hopefully I passed. I don’t want to take it again L

I wont be able to focus on studying for CPJE unless I know for sure I passed the Florida MPJE :-/

can you share the notes that received for the florida mpje? thx

Members don't see this ad :)
So I took the test on Saturday, and I have to say that itwas not that bad. I think I passed it,with key emphasis on ‘passing', not nailing it lol. There are a lot of people who say they failed it, but they end up getting high scores. I am not one of those people. When I took the Illinois MPJE back in 2009, I studied directly off myUniversity Review Class notes, and I have to say most of the questions werebased directly off the notes. For the Illinois,I studied for less than 2 weeks on and off playing playstation 3 working parttime as an intern. After I got done withthe Illinois, I felt like I passed it, and that is all that really mattered tome.

With the Florida however, there were no University basednotes, so all I had were Pronto Pass Notes, and rxlaw.org notes. The pronto pass notes were missing a lot ofthings, while the rxlaw.org notes were basically copying and pasting boardrules in a slightly more organized format. I had 2 extremes going, and it was hard to reconcile with the notes. It's only until the very end that I received somedecent notes. Had I received those notesearlier, I would have taken the test much earlier, instead of wasting time condensingthe detailed/narrative statutes/rules in the rxlaw.org notes. Plus I am working close to 50 hours a week asan Rph hardly having anytime to do anything else. I guess when it comes to taking the MPJE forany state, condensed University type based notes are the most efficient/bestway to study.

Keep in mind that the pointers that I am providing issomething any person would have said to you for taking any MPJE test for anystate. Duh! Lol. Another advise I would give is to know justmemorize rules, but try to find a way to apply it. They give SCENERIO based questionsmostly. They do give direct questionsalso. I hope this helps, hopefully I passed. I don't want to take it again L

Hello!

Can you please send the notes you are referring too? I am new to Florida and have no idea what I should be using to study for the MPJE. Thanks :)

Well does anybody have the study chart for CPJE (California) in the ebay link that i posted in the CPJE thread?

Annnnnnnnnnd I passed. Phew!

This was the best news heading into the Naplex tomorrow.

If I can pass the MPJE, so can you!

The NABP web site now allows you to look up your scores online on their web site. I wish I had known this two days ago....

Yea, same here. I kept checking the FL BOP site, but apparently the scores are posted on NABP now. Not sure if the second exam (whichever you take first) will be the same way. Most people say that the fastest way to see if you passed your second board exam is to just keep checking your intern license status.

I'm about to show this Naplex who's boss today. Good luck me!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations to everyone, i just need to find a job next to white beaches of Florida! lol :p

Passed! 88! Now a Fl Pharmacist!!!!:D I used RxPrep and Federal Guide to Pharmacy law. Nothing else.

Hi guys,
I took the Florida MPJE 4 week ago, and I didn't make it. I only study from the material from the board and the book guide to federal pharmacy law. Most of the questions are kind of related to real practice, and I even don't know where to look for the answers :(( I heard this book http://www.helppasspharmacylaw.com/ is a good for MPJE preparing, but it is too expensive. I just wonder if anyone has this book for sell or any idea about preparing for the MPJE in Florida. I am thinking to retake the exam within one month. I do appreciate your help.

Gaucon
Yeah, I have it but it has a few mistakes in it. And, there was a review by a school in florida ( I can't remember which one) that has a really good review with similar questions from the book. Ill write more later.

So I took the test on Saturday, and I have to say that itwas not that bad. I think I passed it,with key emphasis on ‘passing’, not nailing it lol. There are a lot of people who say they failed it, but they end up getting high scores. I am not one of those people. When I took the Illinois MPJE back in 2009, I studied directly off myUniversity Review Class notes, and I have to say most of the questions werebased directly off the notes. For the Illinois,I studied for less than 2 weeks on and off playing playstation 3 working parttime as an intern. After I got done withthe Illinois, I felt like I passed it, and that is all that really mattered tome.

With the Florida however, there were no University basednotes, so all I had were Pronto Pass Notes, and rxlaw.org notes. The pronto pass notes were missing a lot ofthings, while the rxlaw.org notes were basically copying and pasting boardrules in a slightly more organized format. I had 2 extremes going, and it was hard to reconcile with the notes. It’s only until the very end that I received somedecent notes. Had I received those notesearlier, I would have taken the test much earlier, instead of wasting time condensingthe detailed/narrative statutes/rules in the rxlaw.org notes. Plus I am working close to 50 hours a week asan Rph hardly having anytime to do anything else. I guess when it comes to taking the MPJE forany state, condensed University type based notes are the most efficient/bestway to study.

Keep in mind that the pointers that I am providing issomething any person would have said to you for taking any MPJE test for anystate. Duh! Lol. Another advise I would give is to know justmemorize rules, but try to find a way to apply it. They give SCENERIO based questionsmostly. They do give direct questionsalso. I hope this helps, hopefully I passed. I don’t want to take it again L

Could you please share the condense notes that you are talking about? Thank you. My email is [email protected].

If you dont mind could you please send the notes you are referring too thank you so much. Email addy is [email protected] :)

Which drug is most restricted for medicinal use?

• Heroin
  • Oxycontin
  • Hydrocodone
  • Alprazolam
  • Marijuana
Oxycontin....marijuana and heroin are both in schedule 1 which has no accepted medical use in the US
hydrocodone is also schedule II when not combined with APAP, so I would say it's hydrocodone and oxycodone. I'm taking mpje next thursday

You should be thinking in absolute terms when the question is not specific...oxycodone is always CII even when combined with ASA/APAP

hydrocodone is also schedule II when not combined with APAP, so I would say it's hydrocodone and oxycodone. I'm taking mpje next thursday

Hello,

I have just graduated from pharmacy school and I am preparing for Illinois MPJE. I really appreciate if you would like to share your illinois law notes. Thanks again!!

Hello all,

Congrats to all who have passed FL MPJE so far!

I will be taking it next week and went to school out of state. I notice a lot of people say they have used review materials from local colleges of pharmacy. Is there anyone with an electronic copy of one of these reviews who would be willing to share? Please send me a message and I will give you my email address.

Thanks in advance!

Also (forgot to mention in last post)...would everyone recommend taking practice exams on pre-MPJE.com or is there a better place?

Thanks again!

Hope u passed ur FL mpje! Wondering if u can email me some material. I'll be taking mine soon. I'm from outta state as well. Heard about a coupla good resources...UF notes and others. Anything to help! [email protected]

Got one from rxlaw.org today for $99. I'll email it to u (its a pdf). Not sure what to make of it yet. Looks like a copy of the board website. prempje.com has some practice tests but they're not cheap. Strauss's isn't cheap either. Share the ones u have or get in the future. Lemme know ur email

I just realized that i made a boo boo, i do NOT have university based notes, i am just saying those are the best type of notes. The notes that i got were condensed Kaplan review/walgreens review Florida MPJE notes. Sorry for the confusion.

Everyone is saying the FL MPJE is the most random test ever and you cannot prepare for it. How in the world do you pass something you can't prepare for?

Hi guys,

Gaucon

If you have never worked in a retail pharmacy before, then the best way to study is to work. Volunteer couple hours a day in a community pharmacy. Ask the pharmacist to let you do everything except counting the pill and verifying the product. Most of the questions are situational questions that relate to real practice. I recommend the RxLaw Notes. If you have a friend who work for Walgreens or CVS, ask them whether you could borrow their law review.

Just to make a quick comment, UF changed their professor for the law class, and the last law review made by the old professor was back in 2009. There are quite a bit of change in the FL statue since then. I would not recommend using it, especially if you have not read the updated statue.

Walgreens and CVS give very good review on the FL law to their grad intern. If you have a friend who works for these company, ask him/her and see whether you can get a hold of the notes.

Good luck everybody.

hi all
this is my 1st time to this forum... Well I just took the MPJE-FL exam and what the HELL? 20 questions were about stuff I never heard of. I studied from 2 sources, but nothing showed anything about those in the exam...
My exam was talking mainly about nursing homes, consultant pharmacists and institutional pharmacies... IN DEPTH questions!

I don't think I will make it. :( can any one please send me those UF Law review notes,,, Plz

[email protected]
Thank you

Can anybody give me any information regarding Florida's laws concerning out of state prescriptions, particularly regarding controlled substance prescriptions and transferring them from pharmacies etc. It appears that if there is a common database, it seems to be ok to transfer and dispense out of state prescriptions. I would assume Florida does not allow out of state controlled substance prescriptions. Any info would help. Thanks!

Can any one please send me those UF Law review notes please? I did not go to school in Florida and no review note to go by :( And I hear Florida law exam is very difficult. I will really appreciate it.

[email protected]

Thank you!

Hello all! I am brand new to this site. I am a licensed pharmacist currently practicing in Illinois, but I am planning a move to Florida in the near future. From browsing on this site, I see the "UF review" pop up several times. Does anyone have access to a copy of this that they could email to me? Please PM me if you have any materials. I also looked at rxlaws.org and there is some sort of review book for $99. Has anyone had any experience with this? I don't want to waste my money, but I am nervous about taking another MJPE exam. The MPJE was the stuff of nightmares before I sat for my Illinois boards and it doesn't look any friendlier in Florida! Thank you for ANY help you can give me!

I also work out of state and planning to take the Florida mpje soon. Any study notes or pointers would be super appreciated! [email protected] thanks to all the posts and Congrats to all those who have passed!!

Yeah, I got that book. It looks really good. I've read through some of it. It has tons of questions. And, from doing a couple sections, you get the idea of what you'll be asked. It was a lot a money though. Wish someone could a split the cost with me.
Hi
I am trying to give Florida MPJE next month...can anyone send me any study material or any tips , any good books that can be helpful for my exam at [email protected]....
your response will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

I am attempting to take the FL MPJE once again. I passed the first time with 82, just by studying the Kaplan Law review packet (from 2008, IT WAS GREAT). But I did not pass the NAPLEX (missed by 4 points) before the 3 yr expiration rule. So now I have to take both over. For some strange reason I can not find my packet. Does anyone have one that I can use to refresh myself and I will return it (pretty pretty pretty please)!!!! Or if there is any other condensed study material anyone has that they are willing to share can you please PM me or email me at [email protected]. I thank you in advance for any help in this matter. I want to start studying ASAP!!!