For those of us waiting for Oct. 15

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I highly doubt schools will update portals at midnight. I think they will send out batch emails or updates in the morning. Good thing I'm on the west coast. I'll just wake up and check my email at 9 am.

From my stalking of last year's threads, I saw a lot of people who got decisions in the evening on the 14th and the early hours of the 15th (~1AM).

Members don't see this ad.

Damn you got my hopes back up. I'm 3hrs behind the school so I was hoping for news tonight. Though realistically, I'm expecting tomorrow morning, when I'm in class. I really want somebody else to read my status to me haha so I might even wait until tomorrow afternoon.

Some of the schools said they'd call us on the phone if we got accepted. Does anyone know how common this is? Or do most of them do portal/e-mail/snail mail?

Members don't see this ad :)
From my stalking of last year's threads, I saw a lot of people who got decisions in the evening on the 14th and the early hours of the 15th (~1AM).

Dang, now you're going to have me checking the portals before going to bed tonight!

Reactions: 1 user
I have a massive presentation in my office tomorrow, and am terrified they're gonna call me in the middle of it

Seriously wishing the school I interviewed at was giving out decisions tomorrow. They said the 1st or 2nd week of November, but they didn't send out decisions until Thanksgiving for the last two years. And I interviewed 3 weeks ago. :cryi: Patience really is a virtue (one that I apparently lack).

But good luck to those of you who expect to hear something tomorrow or the next day!

I have a massive presentation in my office tomorrow, and am terrified they're gonna call me in the middle of it

That's a win-win situation!! You either (hopefully) ace the presentation or have the presentation interrupted by a medical school acceptance lol

Miami reported a couple of acceptances just now.

You just made me really nauseous.

Reactions: 4 users
Well, now I've got a massive headache and I can't tell whether that's because I'm so damn anxious/disappointed/scared or because I just didn't eat enough today. Going to work out now before drugging myself to sleep with some nyquil or something.

Reactions: 3 users
I shouldn't even hear back for another 6 weeks but I'm super excited and nervous for tomorrow this is so crazy

It feels like the night before Christmas... except there is a 50% chance my stocking (email inbox) will be filled with coal by morning

Reactions: 14 users
I'm experiencing heartburn for the first time in my life....

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Happy pre med Christmas Eve everyone

POLL:
Is the anxiety tonight more or less severe than it was the morning before you took the MCAT?

Definitely worse right now. I thought the stressful wait would be over after the MCAT. Then there was the wait for an interview. Now this wait!! It never gets better, I guess.

It's actually notably less severe for me.

Just to rile things up I'd like to propose that this moment isn't even 1% of the anxiety we will feel when Match Day comes up :p

MCAT was worse for me. There'll be other schools if I don't get in tomorrow. You only have one shot (ideally) for the MCAT.

Reactions: 1 users
Just to rile things up I'd like to propose that this moment isn't even 1% of the anxiety we will feel when Match Day comes up :p

Oh God. I don't even want to think about that. Seriously the thought of not matching already freaks me out lol. Hopefully none of us will be in that situation five years down the road.

I mean for the Match most people are basically guaranteed to get SOMETHING. Not the case for medical schools.

MCAT was worse for me. There'll be other schools if I don't get in tomorrow. You only have one shot (ideally) for the MCAT.

That's true! Although I'd probably feel less stressed if I had more interviews, I only have 3, so getting rejected from 1 tomorrow would mean I'd been rejected from 1/3 of the schools I had a chance at x.x At least the school I interview at next weekend has a 77% post-interview acceptance rate.

Goes with my previous, comforting thought of the wait of being on the wait list.

Oh God. I don't even want to think about that. Seriously the thought of not matching already freaks me out lol. Hopefully none of us will be in that situation five years down the road.
Time to start #gunning. If you get in tomorrow, you better buy up those Step I books. :D

I mean for the Match most people are basically guaranteed to get SOMETHING. Not the case for medical schools.
Depends on what you're trying to match into....

Reactions: 2 users

Agreed. Unless you got a surprise - you have a chance to do residency in the middle of nowhere, a few thousands miles from your wife ><.

Agreed. Unless you got a surprise - you have a chance to do residency in the middle of nowhere, a few thousands miles from your wife ><.
Not for the tippy top specialties....every single spot in the United States is off the charts competitive.

That's true! Although I'd probably feel less stressed if I had more interviews, I only have 3, so getting rejected from 1 tomorrow would mean I'd been rejected from 1/3 of the schools I had a chance at x.x At least the school I interview at next weekend has a 77% post-interview acceptance rate.
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

I am really debating if I should stay up until 1 am tonight....

POLL:
Is the anxiety tonight more or less severe than it was the morning before you took the MCAT?

A lot more severe because it's out of my control at this point.

Does stress make anyone else really emotional? I was sitting in the student center earlier today listening to "Let It Be" and I randomly started sobbing.

Reactions: 11 users
POLL:

MCAT was much worse. I had a low GPA, so I had to make up for it with a great MCAT. Add to that the fact I spent 8-10 hours everyday studying for the MCAT for four months...

I've interviewed at 5 schools, and have 4 more scheduled, and I'm fairly confident I will get into at least one school, so even if I get rejected at one or two places tomorrow, I'll hopefully convert at least 1 out of 9 interviews. :)

Good luck all!

Tomorrow's the big day, good luck everyone! Sending positive vibes your way..

Omg I got an error message when I tried to refresh SDN and I was like HOW DARE YOU STOP WORKING ON THE EVE OF OCTOBER 15TH. +pissed+

Funny, I feel less stress for the exact same reason.

Make sense actually. I think my anxiety wasn't as much before the MCAT but my anxiety to check my MCAT scores was definitely higher than it is now. Because I do have II's at a couple other schools and there's also not a set time that I know to expect when to hear back tomorrow.

This thread being 3 pages on October 14th at around 9 PM shows you how many people HAVENT gotten a IIs yet. Or they got them this month so they wont get a decision back.

Seriously, what is going on with this cycle.

This thread being 3 pages on October 14th at around 9 PM shows you how many people HAVENT gotten a IIs yet. Or they got them this month so they wont get a decision back.

Seriously, what is going on with this cycle.

Or the people here are just the most neurotic psychos on SDN and everyone else who's expecting a decision is off having a life. :laugh:
But actually, the point you raise is interesting. Is there an October 15th thread from previous years? It would be interesting to compare.

Or the people here are just the most neurotic psychos on SDN and everyone else who's expecting a decision is off having a life. :laugh:
But actually, the point you raise is interesting. Is there an October 15th thread from previous years? It would be interesting to compare.

I havent looked for a previous October 15th thread tbh.

Hey now ... my mother had me tested

Reactions: 1 users
Ok... so SUNY Buffalo gave me an acceptance today, on Oct. 14th. Isn't that illegal or something?

Congrats! Yeah I saw maybe 2 others say they got an acceptance today so I'm not sure what's up with that

Argh curses for having an 8 am tomorrow so I can't just wake up and check my email. -_-

Ok... so SUNY Buffalo gave me an acceptance today, on Oct. 14th. Isn't that illegal or something?
The AAMC traffic rules are more like...guidelines...than actual law. :p

Congrats!

Reactions: 2 users
POLL:

If my anxiety during the MCAT was the size of a grape, my anxiety now is the size of a neutrino. Because instead of myself being about to make or break my fate, someone else is now doing it for me. Pressure's off, just gotta wait.

(Besides, I'm not necessarily expecting to hear something exactly tomorrow).