For those who might have to reapply

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ranger47

Doctor G
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I emailed all the schools I applied to and the majority are willing to discuss why they didn't accept me. This has been very helpful in helping me decide what to do this coming year if I don't get off the waitlists. Anyways, just thought you might want to know.

Members don't see this ad.

Any way you could provide the reasons? PM if you would rather not do so publically. It'd be a great BIG help.

THANKS!

35/3.75 so its not stats. OHSU said I needed to have worked in a volunteer clinic and had a letter from an MD about my patient contact skills and team work skills. Prettty specific. I have 5 more telephone appointments this week so that will be helpful as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow, that's so specific! Keep us updated as you find out more information. I'm reapplying too from 2004, and they don't have my file anymore, or else I'd do the same!

Ranger47 said:
35/3.75 so its not stats. OHSU said I needed to have worked in a volunteer clinic and had a letter from an MD about my patient contact skills and team work skills. Prettty specific. I have 5 more telephone appointments this week so that will be helpful as well.

So I wonder if the 200+ people they did accept had all worked in a volunteer clinic with a letter from an MD about their patient contact skills, etc.?? Maybe they should just add that to their official admissions requirements. :barf:

Ranger47 said:

35/3.8 here. had a small institutional action problem back inthe first semester of my freshman year, and many institutions told me they wanted to see me wait a couple years to show maturity/development and recommended that I consider another career.