FP Comprehensive Review

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ddjamb

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello. Anybody has used the FP Comprehensive Review from the AAFP to prepare for the ABFM? They are offering one year online access + Flash drive for a reasonable price for residents (IMO). Any thoughts?

Thanks for your input.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello. Anybody has used the FP Comprehensive Review from the AAFP to prepare for the ABFM? They are offering one year online access + Flash drive for a reasonable price for residents (IMO). Any thoughts?

Thanks for your input.
Why not use the AAFP's board-specific resource since that's your goal?

The FP comprehensive review is also board-specific from AAFP, just not the same price ($180 vs $900). If the comprehensive review will do the job, why will I pay more? AAFP has few reviews with prices all over the place and it is confusing.

Members don't see this ad :)

SIgh

"Whether you are reviewing the fundamentals of family medicine or preparing for the ABFM exam "

Not board-specific. It can help with that no question, but it wasn't designed with that as its sole/main purpose.

Some programs make their residents do this....i would not recommend this bank...a lot of esoteric questions....I did very well on the abfm ended up with 700+...I had 800 on a lot of sections of the exam.... I recommend the following

Just remember first time takers = high 90% pass so you really have to be pretty bad to fail.

Ite - as many as possible, as many passes as possible....some older versions have outdated info
AAFP - come questions and referenced afp articles from the ite
I really think this is all you need and this is all free.

Our program has a good amount of cme so bought some resources
I ended up also doing nejm plus, uworld, and used abfm study package. I don’t think these are needed. I was studying to get a high mark as I am a gunner.

I would say the actual exam is a little harder with longer stems, out of the resources you need to pay abfm study package and nejm plus we’re most helpful. Some questions from the abfm study package were on the exam. The abfm ialso mproved my clinical practice.

But again I don’t 5hink your score has any consequence.. you just need to pass on first attemp so my short answer is stick with free resources. A lot of residents who were pretty clueless from my program and years past pass this exam with min studying

Last edited: