From dental to pod (DAT to MCAT) HELPPPP!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BTR1208

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay so i recently took the DAT; scored well. However I have had a revelation that I may not want to be staring into mouths all day long for the next 30 years. I am much more interested in podiatry. It seems to offer me everything I want in a career. I probably have the stats for D.O. (3.75 sGPA, 3.7 oGPA) however I want to go Pod for a better lifestyle (not on call all the time and better hours) and not having to hope for a good match.

Pod school does not require amazing scores. A 496 would do; obvioulsy I am aiming higher but a 500 I would be happy with.

I am studied up on my sciences pretty well having come from the DAT. I need physics review for sure. but that is no problem.

I have the EK books. Is that enough to get me the score I need? My thinking is not so much content review rather learning the MCAT structure. I figure go through EK once really well. From there do practice passage after practice passage with a FL here and there.

I am planning top take the test June 2nd. (23 weeks)

The plan... if somebody is willing to help me out I would really appreciate it.

I work as well as take classes. I can commit 6hrs a day, 6 days a week specifically to MCAT prep.
-Should I start studying now? I was thinking of starting after spring break giving me a little over 10 weeks.

Weeks 1-6: EK books
Week 7-10: practice passages and FL's

Is it possible to get the score I want/need (~500) using only EK and practice passages/full length exams?

Any help/advice would be awesome!

Hope everyone is having a great holiday break!

Members don't see this ad.

I would say so. Studying after spring break is fine. I did an almost identical plan as yours and received a >500 score. Good luck with your plans.