Funny quotes from "less informed" premeds

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We can have fun and help others. Come on guys.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
"I can use a calculator on the MCAT, right?"

I used to find that mildly entertaining.
You can't? I don't even remember. Of course, I took the exam with a pencil and paper (and a box of Kleenex, because I had to blow my nose every 30 seconds).

You can't? I don't even remember. Of course, I took the exam with a pencil and paper (and a box of Kleenex, because I had to blow my nose every 30 seconds).

I think at one point you could back in the day. Right? You could also have a silent timer I believe.

Yea same kid, I talk about it ever time one of these threads comes up. We go to a small liberal arts school and he gave out the cards to the 15 people in our genetics class.

Our general response= WTF "Thanks dude don't want to forget you"
:laugh: that's really funny

I think at one point you could back in the day. Right? You could also have a silent timer I believe.
This is all sounding vaguely familiar, but I really don't remember. I think you could use a watch....but I think calculators were banned back then too. I took it in August 2004 ;)

"I love primary care"

Ouch. I guess that makes me a stupid pre-med, med student, and now soon-to-be resident, because I've been all about primary care all the way and doubt that will ever change.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm not a "pre med" yet, but this remind me of something that happened last year. I go to a trade/Voc HS and in my health/CNA trade we had to learn med terms. So one day when we were going over our list of terms each week, we come across Myorrhexis and the teacher asked if anyone knew what it ment. Soooo this girl raises her hand, proudly and said "rupture of the vagina" :laugh: mind you she was completely serious. everybody just laughed.

"Harvard gets like 500 applications for 100 spots... it's super competitive... They even go back to your high school grades."

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Why must u make fun of less informed premeds? U have a duty to help them, to guide them, and together we will be stronger as a peoples.

Lighten up.

1. We are not directly making fun of them. There is so little chance they will see their comment and trace it back to themselves.
2. They should not be making false/nonsense statements without proper knowledge.
3. If they would ask a question that I knew the answer to, I would gladly answer it.
4. There are SO many premed resources (advisors, books, premed groups, obviously SDN) that it takes very little time to get your basic facts straight.

Last semester my friend and I were up late one night studying for our finals.

Being a bit flustered after she got a problem wrong, she slid in this little gem:

Her: Ugh... I can't wait til I'm done with all of this so I can just be in med school and relax.
Me: ....................

lolololololol :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Last semester my friend and I were up late one night studying for our finals.

Being a bit flustered after she got a problem wrong, she slid in this little gem:

Her: Ugh... I can't wait til I'm done with all of this so I can just be in med school and relax.
Me: ....................

I guess I'm a "less informed" premed.. because I say the bolded all the time.

Its another thing that I say it to make premeds around me feel uncomfortable.
I like to revel in awkward silences. lol.

Lighten up.

1. We are not directly making fun of them. There is so little chance they will see their comment and trace it back to themselves.
2. They should not be making false/nonsense statements without proper knowledge.
3. If they would ask a question that I knew the answer to, I would gladly answer it.
4. There are SO many premed resources (advisors, books, premed groups, obviously SDN) that it takes very little time to get your basic facts straight.

Sarcasm is apparently lost on you.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm not a "pre med" yet, but this remind me of something that happened last year. I go to a trade/Voc HS and in my health/CNA trade we had to learn med terms. So one day when we were going over our list of terms each week, we come across Myorrhexis and the teacher asked if anyone knew what it ment. Soooo this girl raises her hand, proudly and said "rupture of the vagina" :laugh: mind you she was completely serious. everybody just laughed.

This reminds me of something that happened during a summer school class last year. I was taking a class called "aids, science, & society" and the prof asked us if anyone knew why aids was transferred easier during anal sex than vaginal sex. This kid in the back of the lecture hall, in a class of 300+ people, yelled out "it is because of the splashing" :eek::confused::laugh:. He was dead serious, and said it in a way as if that answer was obvious. I don't know what the heck he was talking about, but everyone laughed their ass off while the professor (woman in her 30s) turned bright red. Then the professor said "what? maybe you're not doing it right" :laugh:, hilarious!

Reactions: 3 users
Sarcasm is apparently lost on you.

Awww you are correct. I should have known when the posters avatar is "Fuller go easy on the Pepsi!" haha classic product placement moment. I love that part of the movie.

This is all sounding vaguely familiar, but I really don't remember. I think you could use a watch....but I think calculators were banned back then too. I took it in August 2004 ;)

Yea, you couldn't use a calculator in 2004. I took the test in Augusta that year as well.

A girl I know who graduated last year with a B.A in Business who I haven't talked to in over a year sends me a series of text messages.

Her: Is Micro hard?
Me: Hey? I haven't talked you in like a year....... It's not easy, but it's like any class, as long as you do your work you'd do fine. Why? Do you know someone taking it?

Her: I'm going to back to school and I need to take it so I was curious.
Me: You need to take Micro? I thought you graduated with a business degree?

Her: Well I actually need to take a few more classes, but they are suppose to be easier.
Me: What classes would you be taking that go with micro?

Her (I kid you not): Nothing crazy, bio 1 + 2, chem and orgo 1 + 2, phys 1+2, anatomy, and physio.
Me: wtf? You serious?

Her: Yeah, I'm just going to go to med school, I can't find a decent job.
Me: That's cool I guess, I'm sure you could do it if you really took the time, you should probably volunteer/shadow in at xxx hospital to see what you think. When would you want to start, 2013, 2014?

Her (I'm dead serious): Noooo lol, not that late, i'll just go in 2012.
Me: You know the application cycles open a year early and you need to have a majority of the prereqs done with an MCAT, and a commitment to medicine right?

Her: lol no I asked my dad, he told me it shouldn't be a problem to apply in spring 2012 to get in for fall 2012.
Me: Um, I'm not so sure about that, and you need to have prereqs done before you apply.

Her: Idk that's stupid how do they expect people to apply then?
Me: People usually take 3 years and really think it through first.

Her: Wow, you're a killjoy, thanks a lot.

Has not said a word to me since. Yes, this is a true story from a month ago.

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
This reminds me of something that happened during a summer school class last year. I was taking a class called "aids, science, & society" and the prof asked us if anyone knew why aids was transferred easier during anal sex than vaginal sex. This kid in the back of the lecture hall, in a class of 300+ people, yelled out "it is because of the splashing" :eek::confused::laugh:. He was dead serious, and said it in a way as if that answer was obvious. I don't know what the heck he was talking about, but everyone laughed their ass off while the professor (woman in her 30s) turned bright red. Then the professor said "what? maybe you're not doing it right" :laugh:, hilarious!

:laugh::laugh::laugh: The professor's response was hilarious!!!

^Haha....

Granted, those classes AREN'T that tough but she does sound pretty clueless as to the process. Is her dad a doc (being as she apparently asked him about it)?

Truth is, though, I think the majority of premeds are a bit clueless. I've had to remediate my share. Our premed advisor is so bad here that there is not only a student movement to have him administratively removed but it actually has active support from faculty and a number of director-level staff. (The trouble there is that it's a lot easier for the Dean just to ignore the problem until the noise gets loud enough and no one really wants to p*ss off their premed advisor while he's still in that position, but he's effectively been replaced by our pre-med club and the advisors it has recruited, which no longer shares contacts with him.)

^Haha....

Granted, those classes AREN'T that tough but she does sound pretty clueless as to the process. Is her dad a doc (being as she apparently asked him about it)?

Truth is, though, I think the majority of premeds are a bit clueless. I've had to remediate my share. Our premed advisor is so bad here that there is not only a student movement to have him administratively removed but it actually has active support from faculty and a number of director-level staff. (The trouble there is that it's a lot easier for the Dean just to ignore the problem until the noise gets loud enough and no one really wants to p*ss off their premed advisor while he's still in that position, but he's effectively been replaced by our pre-med club and the advisors it has recruited, which no longer shares contacts with him.)

Definitely not a doc. I believe he is a lawyer. I was just in shock that someone could decide on medicine with little to no exposure, and expect to be in medical school in a little over a year.

*Convo with a pre-med [with 3.3 GPA]*

Me: Are you considering applying to DO schools?
Pre-med: Ugh, no not really. I want to be a general surgeon.
Me: You can be a general surgeon with a DO degree.
Pre-med: Umm, no, I'm afraid you have mistaken. DO's are not licensed to do surgery. They aren't allowed in the OR.
Me: O'RLY?
Pre-med: Ya RLY.

*sends pre-med the match list of PCOM*

Pre-med: what is this?
Me: a match list. Notice how the DO school produced more general surgeons than many MD schools.
Pre-med: I see. However, you forget to account for these locations. I bet they are getting paid significantly less as a DO resident. These are likely for surgeon assistant positions.
Me: Got to go. See ya.

I had a conversation with someone like this. They said they didn't want to go DO because they couldn't do surgery. I just said "Really?" I really have no desire to go around correcting all the other pre meds because that would be a full time job. He is actually going PA now...

i should've been acquaintances with more pre-meds. this thread is gold.

Me: You know the application cycles open a year early and you need to have a majority of the prereqs done with an MCAT, and a commitment to medicine right?

Her: lol no I asked my dad, he told me it shouldn't be a problem to apply in spring 2012 to get in for fall 2012.
Me: Um, I'm not so sure about that, and you need to have prereqs done before you apply.

Yeah a lot of people really don't understand the application timeline. Back in spring of 2009, I knew a premed who told me she is planning to matriculate in fall 2010. So I asked her, "Oh, so you're applying this June?" She responded, "No no! Next June after I graduate in 2010." She was pretty crushed when I corrected her. I mean, I would expect a freshman or someone who is a few years away from applying to have this notion, but she was a junior trying to apply right out of college.

I also knew this annoying premed freshman who was absolutely STUNNED that I took a 2-year gap between undergrad and medical school. He kept asking me, "WHY??? Why didn't you just apply straight out?" As if taking time off after undergrad is unthinkable for medical school and completely stupid. I told him how just about every premed I knew took at least 1 or 2 years off and how it's actually pretty common these days. He didn't believe me.

I've also had a more than a few people respond with "Wow, was your GPA bad or something?" when they learn that I took a few years off :mad:. I had a 3.99cGPA/4.0sGPA from a UC!!!

Last edited:
I had a conversation with someone like this. They said they didn't want to go DO because they couldn't do surgery. I just said "Really?" I really have no desire to go around correcting all the other pre meds because that would be a full time job. He is actually going PA now...

def no surgery for him then lol

Loud student that I tutor for Ochem says to the rest of the students in the tutor group:

"Guys, Orgo is where all the marbles are at. If we get an A in Orgo, we just basically guaranteed a spot in med school."

I agreed -- now the students pay more attention to my lectures. :D

• Haha
Loud student that I tutor for Ochem says to the rest of the students in the tutor group:

"Guys, Orgo is where all the marbles are at. If we get an A in Orgo, we just basically guaranteed a spot in med school."

haha i've heard professor's say this before. i wonder if their logic is the same as yours. that would be priceless.

A girl I know who graduated last year with a B.A in Business who I haven't talked to in over a year sends me a series of text messages.

Me: Hey? I haven't talked you in like a year....... It's not easy, but it's like any class, as long as you do your work you'd do fine. Why? Do you know someone taking it?

Me: You need to take Micro? I thought you graduated with a business degree?

Her: Well I actually need to take a few more classes, but they are suppose to be easier.
Me: What classes would you be taking that go with micro?

Her (I kid you not): Nothing crazy, bio 1 + 2, chem and orgo 1 + 2, phys 1+2, anatomy, and physio.
Me: wtf? You serious?

Me: That's cool I guess, I'm sure you could do it if you really took the time, you should probably volunteer/shadow in at xxx hospital to see what you think. When would you want to start, 2013, 2014?

Has not said a word to me since. Yes, this is a true story from a month ago.

your text game sucks hard, why would you reply with a message longer than hers? lol

Medical school is going to suck if I get a teacher like house

Not a quote but a premed in my genetics class had a white coat made and wore it to class and hospital volunteering.

Name . Pre-Med
College Name
Year of grad

I am so glad I have never met someone like that.

At the same time I have a white coat, because for some reason the neurologist I was shadowing expected me to have one.

A postbac who was in my Physics 1 class during undergrad, regarding a kinematics problem involving a hummingbird:

"But I don't get it... It's a hummingbird so we don't have to account for gravity right?"

Birds are immune to the effects of gravity.
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I ****e you not. This kid was an odd bird. We volunteered in the ER together and he wore his white coat and had his own scrubs and acted like a complete dick. He thought it was so cool that nurses and patients confused him for a doctor. I thought he looked like a complete tool when he said "O im just a volunteer".

I did get mistaken for a doctor one time I was shadowing, but the doctor corrected the nurse. I was freaking out on the inside for a little bit there, though.

I remember a girl in my physics 1 class (not even calc-based folks) who asked me to help tutor her. Her being hot, I obliged. She was hopeless and was having trouble with even basic density problems. We ended up talking about our future plans.

Me: So, are you pre-med? Our physics class seems to have a lot of them.

Girl: Nah, my grades aren't that great. I just want to be a dermatologist.

Me: :eek:. [I didn't have the heart to crush her dreams, she was dumb but really nice.] Oh, cool. Well good luck!

Tap that! :thumbup:

Lol. Orgo is a weed out class, but that is not the same as a guaranteed spot in med school.

Hmmm, so men are supposed to hit on every female that sends a text?

I wouldn't worry about it, didn't you know calling people "super homo" on message boards means you have some serious game? I sure this guy has women all over him.

Me: So are you going to apply to medical school?
Girl on Physics I class around November: Yeah..I'm taking the MCAT next week.
Me: Have you studied a lot?
Girl: Not really I haven't studied much but I got a 15 on the Kaplan diagnostic so I should be fine. (SHE DID SAY THIS! :O).
Me: Aren't you worried you're gonna be late in the cycle?
Girl: No I'm not worried because I'm applying to one DO only..
Me: Good luck................. :O

Another Girl at MCAT class: Oh yeah I have a friend who had a 2.9 gpa and got a 23 at the MCAT and he had MD schools begging him to matriculate there.

Lol!!! I have a 3.38 gpa and still need to take the MCAT and I know it will be tough to get into an MD. Lol crazy pre-meds!!

Im not sure what year this is but im pretty sure they dont offer MCAT in november

"I love primary care"

tumblr_l9yb8xcFMB1qb1m19.jpg

your text game sucks hard, why would you reply with a message longer than hers? lol

Here's how you do it -

Me: lol wut?

Me: lol que?

Me: easier?

Her: Nothing crazy, bio 1 + 2, chem and orgo 1 + 2, phys 1+2, anatomy, and physio.
Me: lol wut?

Me: When would you want to start, 2013, 2014?

Me: lol wut? u crazy

Me: lol no

Me: lulz.

haha nice, Kaustikos. But, you forgot some :) and :p. Also, you always offer to get together to tutor her if she is hot. C'mon bro, game is only a success if you set it up to meet.

I overheard my old roommate talking on the phone to his mom at the beginning of last semester shortly after I got back from the docs office for pink eye.

Him: "I dunno mom, KTGT thought it was conjuncted eye, and the doctor he went to gave him eye drops... But, that's not right... It's most likely [insert horrible and painful eye disease(can't remember the exact name)], but he wont listen to me..."

I had a kid in my Ecology and Evolution class once ask the professor if dinosaurs and humans existed during the same time!!!! :wow:

I was like :scared::scared::scared:

You've never been in the South, have you?

AgentBlues post reminded me of this pre-med guy I used to work in the hospoital with (he was president of his pre-med association at school btw). He was a hardcore christian fundamentalist, and he used to always tell me how biology was just a bunch of lies, and a really easy major (I'm a human bio major). He kept telling me how evolution was just a bunch of BS. So I asked him what he thought about cro-magnon fossils and other hominids that have been uncovered... and he told me he thought people had manufactured these fossils and it was all a conspiracy to disprove the existence of God.

I had many kooky conversations with him, and his thoughts always blew me away.

He was rejected two cycles in a row, fired from the hospital I work at, and supposedly attends a DO school in Florida now.

AgentBlues post reminded me of this pre-med guy I used to work in the hospoital with (he was president of his pre-med association at school btw). He was a hardcore christian fundamentalist, and he used to always tell me how biology was just a bunch of lies, and a really easy major (I'm a human bio major). He kept telling me how evolution was just a bunch of BS. So I asked him what he thought about cro-magnon fossils and other hominids that have been uncovered... and he told me he thought people had manufactured these fossils and it was all a conspiracy to disprove the existence of God.

I had many kooky conversations with him, and his thoughts always blew me away.

He was rejected two cycles in a row, fired from the hospital I work at, and supposedly attends a DO school in Florida now.

bro, you puttin' down DOs or what?

I had a kid in my Ecology and Evolution class once ask the professor if dinosaurs and humans existed during the same time!!!! :wow:

I was like :scared::scared::scared:

I had a professor for gen bio that allocated a lecture for intelligent design. And then somehow "ran out of time" to discuss evolution.

She is no longer employed with the university.

:laugh: LOLZ WhAT?!
Want to meet this professor :love:

Apparently, I didn't go to the right school, no lulz of this nature from any of the premeds I associated with. How boring

Status
Not open for further replies.