George Washington University Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

slownoise

Reaction score
Just wanted to see if anyone else has received an interview invite from GW? I just got my interview invite today and will be at the 10/30 interview day. I haven't seen a lot of GW applicants here or in any other groups so I'd love to make some connections! Does anyone know what the format will be like-- especially during a virtual interview day? I know they will be emailing us with details closer to the date but I am anxiously waiting as GW is one of my top choices!

Members don't see this ad.

Just wanted to see if anyone else has received an interview invite from GW? I just got my interview invite today and will be at the 10/30 interview day. I haven't seen a lot of GW applicants here or in any other groups so I'd love to make some connections! Does anyone know what the format will be like-- especially during a virtual interview day? I know they will be emailing us with details closer to the date but I am anxiously waiting as GW is one of my top choices!
I also received an interview! Not sure what to expect but definitely excited... also one of my top choices.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I also received an invite to the 10/30 Interview day! No idea what to expect :)

Did anyone else also get an email saying that one or more schools on PTCAS that accepted you is requesting a background check? I sent that in just now and I assumed it was another school I already got accepted to, but only a certain list of schools use this background check site and the only school I applied to and got an interview from on that list was GW.

Did anyone else also get an email saying that one or more schools on PTCAS that accepted you is requesting a background check? I sent that in just now and I assumed it was another school I already got accepted to, but only a certain list of schools use this background check site and the only school I applied to and got an interview from on that list was GW.
I received that email as well, and GW was the only school I'd applied to that was listed as well!

I received that email as well, and GW was the only school I'd applied to that was listed as well!
Wow that is super reassuring, thank you! I hope it works out for both of us :)

Got my acceptance email this morning!!! I was accepted into a couple of other schools that are cheaper, but GW was my top choice so some tough decisions to make 😱

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 1 users
I also received an interview! Not sure what to expect but definitely excited... also one of my top choices.
I was invited for an interview on 12/10…all I know is that it’s an event kinda from 12-5 and we will hear about the program from faculty, alumni, etc. then have an interview at some point scheduled during that. So excited!

Hey everyone! I know this is a little off-topic lol but I just got an email from GWU that they didn't receive my GRE scores. I checked on the ETS website and it says they should have it... Emailed GWU and still waiting on an answer but here is my question: When you guys sent your GRE scores to GWU, did you put the physical therapy department code as well? Just trying to see if that's the reason why they didn't get my GRE scores :)

Hey everyone! I know this is a little off-topic lol but I just got an email from GWU that they didn't receive my GRE scores. I checked on the ETS website and it says they should have it... Emailed GWU and still waiting on an answer but here is my question: When you guys sent your GRE scores to GWU, did you put the physical therapy department code as well? Just trying to see if that's the reason why they didn't get my GRE scores :)
I'm not sure, but if there was an option for their physical therapy department I would resend it to that.

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed at GW on 10/30 and haven't heard back yet! is anyone else in a similar boat? I'm unsure if they're let me know if I've been denied.

I interviewed at GW on 10/30 and haven't heard back yet! is anyone else in a similar boat? I'm unsure if they're let me know if I've been denied.
I also interviewed on 10/30 and was accepted 11/19. They sent me a thing to get a background check right before they officially told me. I would reach out to them to check.

I also interviewed on 10/30 and was accepted 11/19. They sent me a thing to get a background check right before they officially told me. I would reach out to them to check.
How long did you wait to hear back from them for an interview after you send in your application?

How long did you wait to hear back from them for an interview after you send in your application?
I'm not too sure, but I believe I submitted either end of August or beginning of September but I know the 10/30 interview day was their very first interview day.

I'm not too sure, but I believe I submitted either end of August or beginning of September but I know the 10/30 interview day was their very first interview day.
Same, I applied in August and got my interview for 10/30 but haven't heard back she said they are doing rolling admissions.

I just got an interview invite for 1/21. Is anyone else interviewing on this date?

I have my interview with GWU this Friday. Does anyone know what kind of questions they ask?

Has anyone had yet to hear a decision back from the 12/10/21 interview? I emailed admissions last week for updates and they responded with "they release decisions based on a rolling application and that I would hear back soon". Just wondering if anyone was on the same boat as me??

Last edited:
Has anyone had yet to hear a decision back from the 12/10/21 interview? I emailed admissions last week for updates and they responded with "they release decisions based on a rolling application and that I would hear back soon". Just wondering if anyone was on the same boat as me??
I also interviewed 12.10 and I also have not heard back a decision yet - I'm in the same boat

Hopefully this is a good thing and that they’re still considering our applications :)
I also interviewed 12.10 and I also have not heard back a decision yet - I'm in the same boat
I would reach out to them! After a certain amount of days after the interview, they are supposed to make a decision whether you are on the waitlist or denied but might not notify you!

I would reach out to them! After a certain amount of days after the interview, they are supposed to make a decision whether you are on the waitlist or denied but might not notify you!
I think what @sixz02 was saying, and me as well, is that we have both reached out, but they said they were still making final decisions! Hopefully in this case no news is good news....

I just received my acceptance letter to GW this morning!!! So excited!! Will anyone here be attending in the fall?

I just received my acceptance letter to GW this morning!!! So excited!! Will anyone here be attending in the fall?
omg I also just received my acceptance letter this morning!! I really enjoyed the interview process and the faculty! However, I'm still waiting on in-state schools for a decision. GW is def on the top of my list!!

omg I also just received my acceptance letter this morning!! I really enjoyed the interview process and the faculty! However, I'm still waiting on in-state schools for a decision. GW is def on the top of my list!!
Yay me too, and congratulations!!!

Hi, just wondering if you emailed to ask about your admissions status and what the reply was? Did you express your interest in the email?
I emailed once right after my interview to my interviewees and also their general dpt email address, and I emailed again in early January with an update of a prerequisite course I'd completed and also stating my continued enthusiasm for the program.

Has anyone gotten any status on their application? I had an interview December 10 and asked logistically when I should hear back and it was very vague on when I would get a decision. Any advice?

Has anyone gotten any status on their application? I had an interview December 10 and asked logistically when I should hear back and it was very vague on when I would get a decision. Any advice?
I also had the same interview date and emailed them around 1/20/22 for an update and they gave me a vague answer. On 2/8 I got a request to fill out a background check and I got my acceptance the next day 2/9. I would ask if they're still doing interviews!

I also had the same interview date and emailed them around 1/20/22 for an update and they gave me a vague answer. On 2/8 I got a request to fill out a background check and I got my acceptance the next day 2/9. I would ask if they're still doing interviews!
Congrats! Can I ask when the deposit dates were?

I haven't gotten an update since I emailed them. It was 2/14 when they replied back and said it was a rolling basis and that was all I got. I can ask if they are still doing interviews

Was the request for the background check sent to your email or the GW force website portal?

I got the exact same reply

Have you gotten any email since then? I have not

I just got an email that they are hoping to make a final decision on applications within the next few days

Does anyone have a rough estimate of how long it takes to hear back after an interview?

Does anyone have a rough estimate of how long it takes to hear back after an interview?
I had an interview December 10th and heard back this past week so it may be a little bit depending when your interview was.