Getting dropped from Accelerated BS/MD Program... Chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

karmin

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
-

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Nope...I think you've shown that you've reached your plateau, and I don't think it's going to magically increase with one more attempt. I also think that there's an equal chance you'll do worse.

1. Should I retake the MCAT for the 4th time if I do in fact go down to a 28 or worse? I know for a fact this test was extremely unrepresentative of my knowledge and I was under the impression I was going to void, until I didn't at the last minute :/

Absolutely not. Its an admission of failure. If you're asked about it at interview, then just tell the truth.

2. Should I mention on my apps that I was dropped from a BS/MD program? I want to explain why I took the MCAT for the 3rd time so I feel like I have to...

The MCAT performance is going to hurt you with MD schools. I think your best chances for any MD program will be with your FL schools. The good news is that you're still fine with nearly all DO programs.

3. Any advice/med school recommendations? I am a FL resident but attend an out of state university. Or should I give up on MD programs entirely...?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

RESOLVED: Got the score I needed for my program, will be heading to medical school this fall!!!

Last edited: