Getting to Davis from south CA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mandalonius

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with northern california so do anyone know what airport I should fly into and such? Davis was supposed to send me an email with information but I haven't gotten it yet. I want to book my ticket soon so thanks for your help! :love:

Members don't see this ad.

mandalonius said:
I'm not familiar with northern california so do anyone know what airport I should fly into and such? Davis was supposed to send me an email with information but I haven't gotten it yet. I want to book my ticket soon so thanks for your help! :love:

Fly into Sacramento (SMF). As far as getting around from there, good luck. When are you interviewing?

Yes, fly into SMF. I encourage you to stay in Sacramento because your day will begin in Sacramento. You'll drive to the UC Davis Campus at around 11:30.

If you can, make reservations at the Courtyard Marriot in Sacramento (I think it's on 45th and Y street). Then the main hospital is within walking distance from the hotel.

As for a ride to and from the Davis campus, just tell Terri you don't have one. you can either ride with someone else or take a cab. It's only 17 miles away, so it will probably cost like 30 bucks to get there (kinda pricey). Anyway, you could rent a car too, which I recommend doing at the Airport. If you cant, then call Super Shuttle to pick you up (costs about 15 bucks). Good luck and call Terri in admissions if you need any help. They are more than kind.

Members don't see this ad :)
you can also fly into smf on the morning of, rent a car and drive yourself to the interview, and fly out afterwards.

Does anyone know how I could get from the Amtrak Station to the Courtyard Marriot or the Sacramento Campus (ie is there a shuttle or taxi)? Also, on interview day, does the day end at the Davis campus? or do they expect you to go back to Sacramento afterwards? I'm excited about this interview and I don't want not having transportation to stress me out haha.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

edgardo said:
Does anyone know how I could get from the Amtrak Station to the Courtyard Marriot or the Sacramento Campus (ie is there a shuttle or taxi)? Also, on interview day, does the day end at the Davis campus? or do they expect you to go back to Sacramento afterwards? I'm excited about this interview and I don't want not having transportation to stress me out haha.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Don't worry, it's the lowest stress interview ever, and I've pretty much only had low stress ones. The day ends at the Davis campus (by 4 or so if I remember)

Take a shuttle that goes from Mrak to UCD Med center which costs like $1

PreMedAdAG said:
Yes, fly into SMF. I encourage you to stay in Sacramento because your day will begin in Sacramento. You'll drive to the UC Davis Campus at around 11:30.

If you can, make reservations at the Courtyard Marriot in Sacramento (I think it's on 45th and Y street). Then the main hospital is within walking distance from the hotel.

As for a ride to and from the Davis campus, just tell Terri you don't have one. you can either ride with someone else or take a cab. It's only 17 miles away, so it will probably cost like 30 bucks to get there (kinda pricey). Anyway, you could rent a car too, which I recommend doing at the Airport. If you cant, then call Super Shuttle to pick you up (costs about 15 bucks). Good luck and call Terri in admissions if you need any help. They are more than kind.