Going to a Post-Bac w/ Some of the Pre-Med Requirements Completed?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Blanquito720

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am currently a college senior hoping to apply to some post-baccalaureate pre-medical programs in the upcoming application cycle. I had some concerns though, and I was wondering if anyone could relate and give me some advice, as it is much needed!

1. As a college senior, would I be held at a disadvantage for "career-changer" post bacs due to my young age?

2. I am completing my degree in a behavioral science where biology was a requirement, so I have already fulfilled the biology prerequisite. I also completed one semester of general chemistry. I have contacted some of the post-baccalaureate programs and most said I was still eligible, but one flat out told me that I was ineligible (Goucher) and another was uncertain (Scripps)...but I was also wondering if I would be held at a disadvantage because I have completed some of the requirements if I was eligible?

If anyone has any suggestions or a similar story, please share, I would love to hear! Should I apply to these post-bacs or pursue a different option (I don't know what they are!) Thanks for reading!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Everyone,

I am currently a college senior hoping to apply to some post-baccalaureate pre-medical programs in the upcoming application cycle. I had some concerns though, and I was wondering if anyone could relate and give me some advice, as it is much needed!

1. As a college senior, would I be held at a disadvantage for "career-changer" post bacs due to my young age?

2. I am completing my degree in a behavioral science where biology was a requirement, so I have already fulfilled the biology prerequisite. I also completed one semester of general chemistry. I have contacted some of the post-baccalaureate programs and most said I was still eligible, but one flat out told me that I was ineligible (Goucher) and another was uncertain (Scripps)...but I was also wondering if I would be held at a disadvantage because I have completed some of the requirements if I was eligible?

If anyone has any suggestions or a similar story, please share, I would love to hear! Should I apply to these post-bacs or pursue a different option (I don't know what they are!) Thanks for reading!
Why don't you delay graduation long enough to complete your pre med pre reqs? Might be a lot easier to register for classes, fund yourself, and you don't have to worry about getting accepted to a program.

Why don't you delay graduation long enough to complete your pre med pre reqs? Might be a lot easier to register for classes, fund yourself, and you don't have to worry about getting accepted to a program.

I am in the same boat. The thing for me is that I don't particularly love my school, but it happens to be the only one in the area where I'm stationed (Alaska.) So, I should be finishing my degree about the time that I finish my military service obligation, and I was looking to go to a post-bacc school with a better reputation. A huge number of University of Alaska's programs just got cut (luckily not my degree, medical lab science), and I'm pretty sure classes like biochem are currently not being offered. Honestly, I'd like to move somewhere else, also.

I am in the same boat. The thing for me is that I don't particularly love my school, but it happens to be the only one in the area where I'm stationed (Alaska.) So, I should be finishing my degree about the time that I finish my military service obligation, and I was looking to go to a post-bacc school with a better reputation. A huge number of University of Alaska's programs just got cut (luckily not my degree, medical lab science), and I'm pretty sure classes like biochem are currently not being offered. Honestly, I'd like to move somewhere else, also.

I am stationed in AK too...I feel your pain.