good app

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fleur64

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I am considering podiatry now; however, I am new to everything about this field. Can someone input on the things that are essential for a good app. Like shadowing a podiatrist, rec letters? I had pursued the medical route before considering podiatry so I have very limited knowledge. Hope you guys can help you

Members don't see this ad.

Best hint: SHADOW A PODIATRIST FOR AT LEAST 20 HOURS BEFORE YOU EVEN SAY YOU WANT TO GO TO PODIATRY!!!! Then shadow a podiatrist for a bit more after you actually want to go down this route. When I shadowed my podiatrist nearly every single patient asked something like "Why the he11 do you want to work on feet for your life?" with the doctor there. They were all repeat patients, but still just like normal people you need to ask yourself if you do want to deal with feet most your life. Some people see the pros outweigh the cons and some simply can't deal with the cons of being a podiatrist.

A good amount of your clientele will be elderly patients who come in for their medicaid benefits of every 60 or 90 days for their basic nail and foot care. Those were the patients who were confused as to why I want to go into podiatry.

LORs: At least one podiatrist, Two letters from a professor.

Members don't see this ad :)
haha thanks I actually have been shadowing a podiatrist and it hasnt been too bad.

Okay, the wording of your post made it seem like you literally just stumbled upon podiatry and wanted info BEFORE you shadow.

Have you taken the MCAT yet? Are you still applying to MD or DO schools? Are you planning on applying for the 2015 cycle (just started)?