Google Trends, what sort of Sorcery is this?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WaxEarplugsFTW

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
1686784607546.png

I'm suspicious because there's been a movement over the past few years now to make everyone "feel good" at the cost of truth. Frickin nurses calling themselves doctors, every medical profession having a "doctor" version of their junk now.

What the crap is this? I wanted real data on real trends (and wanted to see over the next decade if DO's continue to grow and approach MD's)...but now it looks like the data is so manipulated that its been made equal to artifically make the degrees equal.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this post reads as more transphobic* and more anti-DO than you probably meant it to. Not a great look.

*Original post was edited by mod to remove transphobic comments

Last edited:
  • Inappropriate
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did you notice the grey line right where the drop happens? The one that says that Google "improved" their data collection? If you blow it up to shpw the time from 12/1/2021 - 2/1/2022, you'll see the change happened right at 1/1/2022, when they changed their collection algorithm.

Data before and after isn't comparable. Which one of them is "correct" is unclear. There's nothing nefarious here. Unless you think Google is "in on it".

Searching their website I don't see what they changed in 2022

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
The OP has been edited by the moderator staff based on multiple reports.

Personally, I agree with @NotAProgDirector , there is insufficient evidence that anything nefarious is happening here. And I'm not sure that the data that you were looking for would have proven your hypothesis in the first place.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
OP, you have too much time on your hands.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user