Got a C in one of my Post Bacc courses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

More_Rice

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took a post bacc program in anatomy and physiology and have A's and A-'s in all of my classes except for anatomy. The anatomy course is an 8-credit hour course and I got a C in it, I was really stressed this past month because my dad was diagnosed with COVID-19 and it was hard to focus, especially when learning anatomy online and without a lab is hard enough.
My undergrad science gpa was 3.4 and my mcat is 509.

If I withdraw from anatomy (I can still withdraw because my school extended the deadline to do so), I end up with a 3.8 science GPA and a W on my transcript and won't get any degree.
If I stay in the course, I end up with a 3.2 science GPA with the chance to get a masters in anatomy.

What do you think is the better option?

Members don't see this ad.

What will your overall GPAs be under each option?

Reactions: 1 user
Withdraw. A 3.8 vs 3.2 sGPA post bacc are worlds apart.

you won’t need a masters in anatomy with a DO degree

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
According to adcoms on this site, a W doesn’t hurt too much, if at all. Take the W.

I took a post bacc program in anatomy and physiology and have A's and A-'s in all of my classes except for anatomy. The anatomy course is an 8-credit hour course and I got a C in it, I was really stressed this past month because my dad was diagnosed with COVID-19 and it was hard to focus, especially when learning anatomy online and without a lab is hard enough.
My undergrad science gpa was 3.4 and my mcat is 509.

If I withdraw from anatomy (I can still withdraw because my school extended the deadline to do so), I end up with a 3.8 science GPA and a W on my transcript and won't get any degree.
If I stay in the course, I end up with a 3.2 science GPA with the chance to get a masters in anatomy.

What do you think is the better option?
The W will do less damage than the C, which will be close to lethal. Your dad' illness is exactly why W's exist.

Reactions: 1 user