Got Accepted in an international "MPT",Can I comeback and Practice here?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amjadjamal

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

So I got accepted in an international MPT program. I was wondering if its possible that once I get my MPT degree there I comeback here and am eligible to take the board exam to practice in the usa as a physiotherapist?

Can the above be done or only DPT are allowed to take the board exam and be eligible to work here anymore?

please let me know.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm guessing you're talking about RGU. Since RGU is accredited in the US, you can sit for the NPTE and, provided you pass it, practice here. A DPT is not required. There is much debate about whether or not a DPT will be necessary for the future, though. There may be some tDPT programs still around when you complete your MPT, and RGU now has an agreement that you can apply to Northern Arizona University and complete your third year there to get your DPT.

On the offchance you're not talking about RGU, unless it's accredited in the US (which I think only two or three other schools are, both in Canada), then there's some long process that I'm not especially knowledgeable about in order to try to work here.