GPA Pretty Good GRE not

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

myzougrad

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an overall G.P.A of 3.77 A science G.P.A. of 3.64 but a GRE score of 830 I'm trying to get into the DPT program at Mizzou (Missouri University) Does anyone know if I have a chance? I have been notified that I have an interview

Members don't see this ad.

I have an overall G.P.A of 3.77 A science G.P.A. of 3.64 but a GRE score of 830 I'm trying to get into the DPT program at Mizzou (Missouri University) Does anyone know if I have a chance? I have been notified that I have an interview
if you have an interview then you have a shot. you might want to take it again though. that test sucks, and i honestly feel like they should get rid of it...but unfortunately its still part of the process and you have to deal with it

Timed test freak me out. This is actually the second time I took the test.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, the fact that you got an interview shows that your other stats are competitive. Use that as your chance to really shine, as well as a time to explain your test anxiety. I didn't do as well on the quant. section as other people on here, but both schools I interviewed at I got accepted b/c I was able to point out other strengths I have besides taking a standardized test. Do your homework on the interview process and you'll do just fine. Good luck!!!

I think you'll be fine, but you may want to point out your low score in the interview. If they don't ask you about it directly, they may leave the door open for you to address it at the end, by asking if you have anything else you want to clear up about your application. Don't make an excuse, just acknowledge you understand its low, but that your GPA and understanding of science speaks for itself, etc.

I know that a couple years back Northern Arizona University was doing a statistical analysis of GRE scores for their program. So, although each applicant submitted their scores, they weren't factored in for acceptance. I wonder if other programs who have adopted GRE scores for acceptance in the last 5-7 years are doing a similar analysis?

I wouldn't worry too much. Standardized tests weren't my daughter's strong points either and she addressed that in her essays and when she was asked what were her weak points during interviews. She ended up being accepted at 12 out of 14 schools (she applied to so many because she thought the low GRE would hurt her chances. Good luck.

as long as you have interviews i think you are in good shape.

a friend of mine had grades like yours and an even lower GRE and she only got into 1/10 schools she applied to but she didnt get interviews at any of them just a straight rejection. Not trying to scare you, just say that you are in better shape. Lucky for my friend, 1 school is all you need anyway :)

..OR...you can apply to schools that do not require GRE. Just a thought