GPA's, GRE's, XTRA's, ACCEPTANCES

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Am I the only one having day to day anxiety about this process? First of not getting into a program, and if you do get in, some options might end up being too far and or if you get into your last option but having it be too expensive? I'm applying to 6 schools but really only want to go to 2 because of price and convenience. Would be lucky to get into any of them, but I feel like this is such a hopeless process

I FEEL THE SAME WAY! I'm applying to 11 schools and am praying that I just get into a school. Every time I see that I have an e-mail my heart stops because it could possibly be from a school (it never is!). I just want to know if I'm going to get in somewhere already!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
University of Pitt-Greensburg
Major- Biology
Minor- Psychology
GPA- 3.57
Last 60 Credit GPA- 3.71
Prereq GPA- 3.8-4.0 depending on the school.
GRE- verbal- 146 quantitative- 145 writing-4.0 (Yikes)
Application verified- September 24, 2014
OT shadowing- Nursing home- 28, Special Needs School- 65, Hand therapy- 16.
*I also job shadowed a chiropractor performing therapeutic services for 12 hours.*
Work experience- 255 hours as a personal care assistant at a nursing home. 370 hours of babysitting a boy with special needs.
Volunteer experience- I volunteered in a variety of settings but only a couple hours here and there. I don't have very much.
Extras- Teaching Assistant for an Anatomy lab, CPR certified, and mental health first aid certified. I have been conducting research under a professor, as well. I am also completing a bachelors in biology and a minor in psychology in 3 years rather than the typical 4.
References- one from my work supervisor at the nursing home, one from my A&P/Microbiology professor (who I TA for also), and two from the OTs I shadowed.
Applied to- pitt, chatham, duquesne, salus, university of the sciences, shenandoah, and Towson.
Accepted- Shenandoah (11/20), Chatham (11/26), USciences (12/22)
Interviews- salus (10/30), Chatham (11/15)
Rejected- duquesne (they aren't accepting applications for spring 2016. Class is full because of freshman guarantee,) Pitt

*Attending Chatham! :) Good luck to those of you who are still going through this stressful process. I came onto this forum a lot and really got discouraged when I would see what other people's stats were. I was starting to think about what I was going to do if I didn't get accepted into a school. But, different schools emphasize different things. There's people on here who I thought had amazing grades, experience, etc. but still didn't get accepted to certain schools. Then there's other people who had super low GPAs but still ended up somewhere. SO don't be like me and freak yourself out by comparing yourself to other people. Every school is unique and you'll eventually find your perfect fit. Try to stay positive, and again good luck to everyone!!

Last edited:
What are my chances of getting into schools with my bad gre score?
Major: therapeutic recreation
Gpa: 3.7 (one semester left)
Pre req: 3.8
Gre 142/147 writing 4.5

105 hours in 4 settings
My curriculum for my major has fieldwork in hospitals and clinics so I've done a lot of hours with special populations, deans list for 3 years, student occupational therapy association, and I've done a lot of volunteer opportunities

Applying to: Philadelphia university, temple, Thomas jefferson. Kean. Seton hall, and alvernia

My number one choice is Philadelphia university but I'm worried about my gre score

I also did terrible on the GRE. One school told me they couldn't make a decision until I retook them. I was super bummed and was starting to think that my GRE score was going to mess up my chances for schools despite having a good GPA and experience. However, I was just notified of an acceptance from one of my top choices today! They even informed me that I was a "top candidate." So, the GRE isn't everything. I really think it depends on the school and how much they weigh on the score. There is still hope you could get into a program based off of your other qualifications! Good luck :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Major- Biology
Minor- Psychology
GPA- 3.57
Last 60 Credit GPA- 3.71
*I also job shadowed a chiropractor performing therapeutic services for 12 hours.*
Work experience- 255 hours as a personal care assistant at a nursing home. 370 hours of babysitting a boy with special needs.
Volunteer experience- I volunteered in a variety of settings but only a couple hours here and there. I don't have very much.
Extras- Teaching Assistant for an Anatomy lab, CPR certified, and mental health first aid certified. I have been conducting research under a professor, as well. I am also completing a bachelors in biology and a minor in psychology in 3 years rather than the typical 4.
References- one from my work supervisor at the nursing home, one from my A&P/Microbiology professor (who I TA for also), and two from the OTs I shadowed.
Applied to- pitt, chatham, duquesne, salus, university of the sciences, Virginia commonwealth, shenandoah, and Towson.
Accepted- Shenandoah (11/20)
Rejected- duquesne (they aren't accepting applications for spring 2016. Class is full because of freshman guarantee )

When did your application get verified?

Major- Biology
Minor- Psychology
GPA- 3.57
Last 60 Credit GPA- 3.71
Applied to- pitt, chatham, duquesne, salus, university of the sciences, Virginia commonwealth, shenandoah, and Towson.
Accepted- Shenandoah (11/20)
Rejected- duquesne (they aren't accepting applications for spring 2016. Class is full because of freshman guarantee )
Congrats! Did you receive your acceptance by mail or email?

Congrats! Did you receive your acceptance by mail or email?
Thank you!! Email and then a professor called me by phone. I got accepted to both campuses through email, but they said that once I chose which campus I preferred I would get a letter in the mail.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Accepted to VCU this evening! I applied Early Decision so I will be attending. So excited to be accepted into my top choice and in-state as well!

Reactions: 3 users
Hello, I just applied to UIC, Midwestern, and Rush. I plan on applying to Chicago state as well. Has anyone heard back from any of these schools? Anyway, below are my stats. I am super SUPER nervous. This process is overwhelming!

University: DePaul University
Major: Psychology-Human Development
Overall GPA: 3.5
Pre-Req GPA: 3.5?
GRE: Q147 V 147 3.5 analytical writing :'(

110 OT hours in pediatric, rehab (hand therapy) , and mental health
Research experience
Psychology T.A.
Work experience with special needs kids

Applying to Rush might have been a waste of my money because of my GRE, but who knows.

UPDATE!! I know I wrote on this thread before, but I received more exciting news!

University: SJSU
Major/minor: health science/child and adolescent development
Overall GPA: 3.44
Pre-req GPA: 3.5-3.6 (depending on school)
GRE/MAT: GRE- 144 Quantitative, 151 Verbal, 5 Analytical Writing/ MAT-410

Volunteer hours: 300+ hours in specialized pediatric clinic, 40+ hours in pediatric/adult clinic
Xtra's: volunteer for a kid's program at a transitional housing facility

Applied: SJSU, CSUDH, Dominican
Interviews: CSUDH, Dominican
Acceptances: CSUDH, SJSU, Dominican
Rejections: n/a
Attending: SJSU!

For CSUDH, I think my interview really wowed them. For both CSUDH and SJSU... well they must have liked my stats enough to accept me haha. I think they were mostly impressed with my hours and LOR's. By the time I stopped volunteering, I easily had over 400 hours, so that's always a game changer. I still can't believe I got into OT school the first time around, and I'm even more amazed that I got into my top choice. Life can sometimes give the greatest presents! Now it has come to my attention that in my last post, I didn't use the smiley dancing face! How could I forget! But now I get to finally use it! Whoo hoo! :soexcited:
Congrats again to everyone that got in and good luck to everyone else!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
University: Austin Peay State University
Major: Psychology
Overall GPA: 3.02 Last 60 GPA: 3.8
Pre-Req GPA: 3.9
GRE: Quantitative: 151 Verbal: 157 AW: 4.0
Extra-Curric: Volunteer Firefighter, Officer in Psychology Club, Psi Chi member, research experience, Pre-professional Society
Volunteer: 24 hours in hand-therapy, 16 hours out-patient pediatric therapy; 1 hour SNF (Sounds silly, but I had a very hard time finding a facility that regularly used an OTR instead of a COTA, which TSU will not accept. )

Applied: Tennessee State University (this is the only school I applied to because I live in Nashville, but I don't want to pay for Belmont. )
Acceptances: TSU - ATTENDING
Rejections:
Interviews: TSU

Last edited:
I sent an email inquiring, but I've yet to hear a response. There were a few dates in November, but there were selected within the first few days. The December dates were the 5th, 12th,19th, and 22nd.

You should definitely call them. When I called Jeff the woman I spoke to was very respectful and gave me the right person to email, who then responded to my email right away. $1,000 is definitely not worth spending for an interview, especially since you're not guaranteed an acceptance. Spending that to visit in the spring once your accepted seems much more appropriate.
In addition to asking them about a Skype or phone interview, you should see if they will reimburse some or all of your travel expenses (you may be surprised, some schools do have a budget for that...)

Best of luck and keep us updated!

Does anyone know what columbias tuition comes out to be? I'm hearing different things

Members don't see this ad :)
Also, am I crazy for thinking commuting to a school 1 hour and 30-40 minutes will work? Twice a week for the first four semesters and the last two are 4 nights a week

Also, am I crazy for thinking commuting to a school 1 hour and 30-40 minutes will work? Twice a week for the first four semesters and the last two are 4 nights a week

Is that already accounting for traffic? I think that is a lot considering a lot of programs have you in classes from 9-5 so you could be getting up early and getting home late and then you would have coursework to complete. It would also potentially complicate fieldwork assignments and any research your program might require you to do. OT programs are pretty time-demanding, so time-demanding they suggest students do not seek employment, even 4-8 hours a week. Your commute would certainly add up to that and the gas would be killer. I know some people make that commute to work, but they also don't always bring their work home with them, unlike a graduate student.

W
Is that already accounting for traffic? I think that is a lot considering a lot of programs have you in classes from 9-5 so you could be getting up early and getting home late and then you would have coursework to complete. It would also potentially complicate fieldwork assignments and any research your program might require you to do. OT programs are pretty time-demanding, so time-demanding they suggest students do not seek employment, even 4-8 hours a week. Your commute would certainly add up to that and the gas would be killer. I know some people make that commute to work, but they also don't always bring their work home with them, unlike a graduate student.
well is it semi part time, about 3 classes each semester and one day of field work which I assume I can find closer to my area so not sure

It is also a cheaper school. So I want to apply because my choices are so limited, but I feel discouraged applying

It is also a cheaper school. So I want to apply because my choices are so limited, but I feel discouraged applying

You should definitely apply regardless if you feel that the program is a good fit for you! If accepted you can then contact current students and inquire. You could even contact the program now and ask if you can be put in contact with a current student to ask about their experiences and then you could inquire about the commute issue. A part-time program will have a different format so that will change how feasible it is for travel.

University: George Mason University
Overall GPA: 3.45
Pre-Req GPA: 3.9
GRE: Q155 V153 A 4.0

Extra-Curric: Volunteer firefighter, tutored special needs girl for a year.

Volunteer: 32 hours at Walter Reed working inpatient and outpatient. 28 hours at a children's clinic

Applied: VCU, USC, University of Florida, Mary Baldwin, Long Island University - Brooklyn, University of the Sciences, Towson University

Interview: Mary Baldwin (1/16), LIU (declined)

Acceptances: Mary Baldwin (1/30), University of the Sciences, University of Florida (3/19/15)

Waitlisted: VCU

Rejections: None yet

Last edited:
Just want to say good luck to you all!

I am so thankful to have found this site! Hopefully not too late as its December and my OTCAS app was verified two months ago. But hello all! I've loved reading about all you prospective OTs...what an amazing, devoted group of people. And hooray for a place we can find solace in others going through this process. Here are my stats, although in general I think my experiences have been hard to quantify. I am nervous just like the rest of you. But particularly so, nervous that i'm too much of a wildcard.

University: UMASS Amherst
Major: self-designed degree in Human Geography (hmmm whats that?) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_geography
OTCAS GPA: 3.37
Pre-Req GPA: 4.0
GRE: 153 verbal, 154 math. 5.0 writing. MAT: 424 (83rd percentile)

Work: Former-professional circus artist (no joke). Lived in a few different countries. Teacher, program developer of movement, circus, adaptive circus, gymnastics, conditioning for the past 12 years. Taught at-risk youth, adults as well as youth with developmental delays. Gave talk at professional educators conference. Assistant to company that advises seniors in purchasing Medicare supplemental insurance.

Volunteer: 50 hours in acute care at hospital, 80 hours in private school, 6 hours in public school. 6 hours INR seminar on anxiety and trauma disorders.

Extra-curriculars: Not sure if this fits into a category...recovering from a life-altering surgery, growth, adaptation. Seeing fellow man and other's lives as a beautiful process. Every day I go to the YMCA and am grateful to see the people who still get up early in the morning, in spite of clear difficulties.... (i'll save the gooshy stuff for another post)

Acceptances: N/A

Rejections: N/A

Interviews: N/A

University: University of Central Florida
Major: Early Childhood Education
Overall GPA: 3.78
Prerequisites: completing most prerequisites now or in the spring. In the end, my pre-req GPA will probably be in the 3.4 - 3.6 range depending on the school.
GRE: verbal 157, quantitive 153, writing 4.5

Volunteer: 70 Hours observation hours. Handwriting Summer Camp (15 hours), Subacute Rehab Facility (47 hours), and Hospital Inpatient Rehab and Acute (8 hours)

Applying To: University of Toledo, Midwestern Downer's Grove, UIC, Rush, Belmont, and Concordia Wisconsin

Acceptances: --

Rejections: --

Interviews: Belmont, Rush

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!

Acceptances: Belmont (This is my first choice and I will be attending)

Reactions: 3 users
California State University
Triple major - Mathematics, Allied Health, Kinesiology PPT "switched major was gonna be an engineer"
GPA - 3.1
Prereq GPA - 3.44
Over 100 hours of observation (2 settings) and more in progress.
GRE was optional for this school but I got 164 Quantitative, 159 verbal and 4.0 writing.

Applied: Loma Linda University

Acceptance: Loma Linda University

My GPA was lower due to my math major; this was a very difficult major in which I believe the highest GPA in my class was 3.5.

I really had to show passion in my interview and personal statements.

First time applying and really stoked to get in :)

Reactions: 4 users
My application was verified in the beginning of November, has anyone heard from any schools who had their app verified in November?

My application was verified in the beginning of November, has anyone heard from any schools who had their app verified in November?

What schools did you apply to and do they have early or rolling admissions? Some schools have just started fully reviewing applications because schools are on break now. Also some schools state you won't hear back until January or February. I expect an influx of notifications for everyone once mid-January/February rolls around.

Hello, everyone. I have been a long-time lurker, but here I am participating on this site! Here are my stats:

Major- Computer Science
GPA- 3.70
Prereq GPA- 4.0
GRE- 167 V, 162 Q, 4.0 Writing
Application verified- 10/3/2014
OT shadowing- I haven't set this up yet, but I am hoping to shadow a hand therapist and two different school OT's for a day each early 2015.
Work experience- 6 Years as a Montessori Teacher in a 3-6 year-old classroom, computer programmer
Volunteer experience- 50 Hours at a geriatric institute, 60 with a private pediatric OT clinic.
Extras- MS in Computer Science, Certified Early Childhood Montessori teacher, CPR certified, knitting and quilting instructor
References- Two from OTs where I volunteered, one from academic professor, one from the head of school at my old job, one from the assistant at my old job
Applied to- Samuel Merritt, SJSU
Accepted- Samuel Merritt on 1/16!
Interviews- Samuel Merritt on 1/10
Waitlisted- SJSU 4/8/2015
Rejected-
Attending- Samuel Merritt

Edited to add acceptance to Samuel Merritt!!!
Edited to add SJSU Waitlist

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Undergrad: San Jose State
Major: BA Psychology
Overall GPA: 3.45
Last 60 GPA: 3.9

Volunteer: 100 hours poly-trauma at VA hospital, 20 adult day program at brain injury clinic, 40 hours out patient clinic with hand therapy and prosthetics.
Paid work experience: applied behavior analysis tutor, clinical aide at speech therapy and occupational therapy clinic.

Applied: CSU Dominguez Hills, Samuel Merritt, University of Utah, At Still, Midwestern AZ and IL, Usciences, IUPUI, and University of New England.

Interviews: Samuel Merritt, UNE, and AT Still (declined)
Acceptances: SMU and UNE
Attending: SMU Fall 2015!
Rejected: CSUDH and iupui

Overall GPA: 3.55
Pre-Req GPA: 3.8-3.9
GRE: Quantitative: 146, Verbal: 150, Writing: 4

Extra-Curric: Student in honors college, D1 student-athlete, member of 5 honor societies & VP of 3 of them.

Volunteer: Various volunteer activities through athletics and honor societies.

Observation: 20 hours of observation at a pediatric clinic and 40 hours in a hospital setting.

Applied: UTMB, TTU, UCA, TWU, & OU.

Acceptances: UTMB (attending!)

Waitlisted: Texas Tech University

Rejections: None so far

I am really excited about attending UTMB! I have heard nothing but great things about their OT program. They look at the complete picture of each applicant and I can't wait to be a part of their program!

What are my chances of getting into schools with my bad gre score?
Major: therapeutic recreation
Gpa: 3.7 (one semester left)
Pre req: 3.8
Gre 142/147 writing 4.5

105 hours in 4 settings
My curriculum for my major has fieldwork in hospitals and clinics so I've done a lot of hours with special populations, deans list for 3 years, student occupational therapy association, and I've done a lot of volunteer opportunities

Applying to: Philadelphia university, temple, Thomas jefferson. Kean. Seton hall, and alvernia

My number one choice is Philadelphia university but I'm worried about my gre score

hey! have you heard from Alvernia yet??

I actually decided to not apply there. As of now applying to just kean seton hall sacred heart salus and phil U. Sorry!

that's okay! just realized this is for OT and applied for PT haha. can't find anyone who applied there for PT! nervous because my application status changed to "Decision Made - Letter Mailed". not sure what that means. good luck to ya with Phil U!

Thanks so much! I would say if it takes longer than like 5-7 days give them a call
that's okay! just realized this is for OT and applied for PT haha. can't find anyone who applied there for PT! nervous because my application status changed to "Decision Made - Letter Mailed". not sure what that means. good luck to ya with Phil U!
I

What schools did you apply to and do they have early or rolling admissions? Some schools have just started fully reviewing applications because schools are on break now. Also some schools state you won't hear back until January or February. I expect an influx of notifications for everyone once mid-January/February rolls around.
I applied to Salus, Phila U, Stockton, and Temple

Last edited:
I applied to Salus, Phila U, Stockton, and Temple

I heard back from Temple in December I think during the first few days of notification from them. I had applied in October and was already verified by OTCAS when I applied. I did not accept a seat in their class and the deadline they asked for my deposit was right before Christmas so now that offices are back in full swing, I am sure more acceptances are going out now. I don't know about any of those other schools. Good luck though!

University: Valdosta State University
Overall GPA: 3.15 (low gpa due to freshman year, managed a few 4.0 semester gpa's and 3.5 semester gpa's afterwards!)
Pre-Req GPA: 3.5-3.7
GRE: 147 Q 150 V
Extra-Curric: 110 OT hours
Volunteer: 200 hrs at an elementary school doing various tasks
Applied: Dyouville, Howard, Alabama state, U Al Birmingham, Adventist, Ga Regents
Acceptances: D'youville, waiting on the rest!

University: Valdosta State University
Overall GPA: 3.15 (low gpa due to freshman year, managed a few 4.0 semester gpa's and 3.5 semester gpa's afterwards!)
Pre-Req GPA: 3.5-3.7
GRE: 147 Q 150 V
Extra-Curric: 110 OT hours
Volunteer: 200 hrs at an elementary school doing various tasks
Applied: Dyouville, Howard, Alabama state, U Al Birmingham, Adventist, Ga Regents
Acceptances: D'youville, waiting on the rest!
Hi, when did you hear from D'youville? Was it by letter, email or on the D'youville application account? Thank you.

@FutureOT2020 I actually applied to them oct 30 2013, was accepted by a phone call from Julie in mid Decmber, paid the $500 deposit and ended deferring my acceptance to the next year. So this application cycle I applied to those remaining schools on my list and am waiting to see who will accept me. Dyouville is pretty much my backup plan.

Have y

Have you heard back from phil U or salus?

I got accepted to Philly U today. They informed me via email just before noon and I am definitely going to attend. Their schedule seems like it should work really out well with my family life.

Last edited:
Undergrad Major: Psychology
Overall GPA:3.2
Last 60 credits: 3.45
Pre req GPA: 3.7- 3.85
MAT score: 401/ 62nd percentile
OTCAS verification: sept 24th.
OTCAS Observation hrs: over 100 hrs at a hand clinic, cancer center, elementary school, and lymphedema clinic.
500+ hrs of non-OT related volunteer work.
Work Experience:
1000+ hrs of TSS work in school and home settings. (One on one support for special needs children)
1000+ hrs with geriatrics as a home health aide.
Recommendation Letters: special needs teacher (supervisor), OT, and A&P 1 professor.

Applied to: Thomas Jefferson, Salus, Temple, Usciences, Philadelphia U, Jefferson college of health sciences (Virginia), Midwestern U

Interviews:
Thomas Jefferson (12/22)
Jefferson college of health sciences (1/23) (declined)

Acceptances:
University of the Sciences (11/14) (declined)
Thomas Jefferson: (01/08)

Rejections: Temple (11/4)

Attending my Number one program Thomas Jefferson!! :) :) :D I couldn't be happier!

I was so nervous about applying because my GPA isn't competitive. But luckily there are some GREAT programs that look at the applicant as a whole instead of just going by the numbers. There's a lot of hope out there for those with a not so perfect Gpa!!
Good luck everyone!

University: Kean University
Major: Biology
OTCAS GPA: 3.40
Last 80: 3.88
Pre-Req GPA: 4.0
MAT score: 435 (93rd percentile)
Extra-Curric: Phi Kappa Phi honor society

Professional Experience: 9 years working in the IT industry with positions ranging from desktop support to network administration.

Volunteer/Observation: 111 hours (90 in pediatrics, 21 in skilled nursing facility)

Applied: Philadelphia University, NYU, Seaton Hall, Thomas Jefferson, Temple

Acceptances: Philadelphia University, NYU(attending)
Wait List: Temple 2/25
Rejections:
Interviews:

I was going to apply to Kean but I received my acceptance to Philly U before I was able to submit my Kean app.

I've been lurking here for the past year and it seemed like it was about time to post my stats. Reading other people's stats helped me with my wait so I thought I would return the favor. I'm really excited to know that I am going to be starting a program this coming fall and good luck to everyone that is still waiting to hear.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
University of California, Santa Barbara
Major
- Political Science
GPA- 2.99
Prereq GPA- 3.4-3.6 depending on school
GRE- 153 V, 151 Q, 4.0 Writing
Application verified- 10/31/14
OT shadowing- Inpatient (NICU, PICU), Outpatient (Hands, Stroke, Pediatrics)
Volunteer experience- 140+
References- Two from OTs where I volunteered, one from teaching assistant, one from manager
Applied to- Tufts, VCU, SJSU, St Augustine, UW-Madison
Accepted-
Interviews-
Rejected- UW-Madison, Tufts, VCU

Last edited:
**Well after stalking this website for a longgggg time I finally thought I would add my info:)

Major
- Psychology
GPA - 3.65
Last 60 - 3.65
Prereq GPA - 3.45 - 3.7 depending on school
**With GPA there were a few semesters I did not perform the greatest due to some extreme personal circumstances; I did address this in Personal Statement and/or supplemental essays
GRE - 151 V, 157 Q, 4.0 Writing
OT shadowing - 65 hours Home Health, 41 hours OT outpatient clinic (this experience also had hours in the hospital and school)
Other Health related experience - 2 hours wheelchair rugby (recreational therapy), 15.5 hours adaptive waterskiing (recreational therapy), 20.5 hours outpatient Physical Therapy clinic, 40 hours in the activities department of a Skilled Nursing Facility
Work experience - Convention Center Server and Hostess at two restaurants totaling roughly 1,700 hours
Volunteer experience - 13 hours philanthropy and spaghetti dinner supporting First Book (gives books to children in low SES communities)
Extracurriculars/Extra - Member of a sorority (fall 2012 - fall 2014), Student member of AOTA (May 2013 - present), member of Pre-Physical Therapy Club (January 2012 - December 2014), Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED certified.
Presentations - Healthy Active Living Presentation (teamed with Physical therapist to come up with screening and exercise program for young baseball players) and Cognitive Development Presentation (focusing on cognitive development of children in relation to fine motor skills)
Leadership - VP Finance for my sorority (December 2013 - November 2014), Secretary of Pre-Physical Therapy Club (December 2013 - December 2014), Sigma Rho Gamma (counselor for sorority recruitment; March - August 2014)
References - OT from outpatient clinic, Psychology Professor, Pre-Health Advisor, Former employer, and character reference from sorority who oversaw my finance position
Applied to - UW, UPS, EWU
Accepted -
Interviews - EWU (Interview 3/7; found out 2/20 via email)
Wait Listed - UPS (2/14 via email); EWU (3/20 via email)
Rejected - UW (3/19 via mail)

Last edited:
Hi!! Applied for OT at Alvernia. Just wondering what the PT deadline date was. I have a feeling I won't hear back until after OT deadline date is over. So anxious.

University: Rutgers
Overall GPA:
Pre-Req GPA:

Volunteer:
60 hours in outpatient rehab setting

Applied:
USciences of Philadelphia, Seton Hall, Bay Path

Acceptances:

Rejections:

Interviews:

My OTCAS was verified 1/15 (the deadline for 2 of my schools, talk about cutting it close!). I know that my app was just verified and sent to my schools, but I'm already getting a bit anxious to hear from the colleges. Can anyone tell me how I look for USciences? Does anyone have an idea of when I should hear back from any of these schools?

I got accepted to Philly U today. They informed me via email just before noon and I am definitely going to attend. Their schedule seems like it should work really out well with my family life.
When did you apply/get verified?

University: Small liberal arts school
Major: Health Sciences
Overall GPA: 3.71
Pre-Req GPA: 3.67
GRE- 151 V, 149 Q, 4.0 W

Extra curricular-
Delta Delta Delta member, OT club member, a few other clubs, CPR certified
Work- Roughly 2,000 hours in retail and research institute
Volunteer: A little over 100 hours all together, about 80 in outpatient, 10 inpatient, and 10 in pediatrics. Various other volunteer experiences elsewhere.
References- 2 from OTs, 2 professors (bio and english), and 1 from manager at work.

Applied: U Sciences, Philly U, Stockton, Salus
Acceptances: Stockton
Rejections:
Interviews:
Stockton

My OTCAS was verified in early November and the academic update was just verified as well.

Last edited: