Gre

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futurept15

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am registered to take the GRE this week. Unfortunately I have not had a tremendous time to study due to working full time as a tech, and taking summer classes. But I have a couple of questions and would appreciate help!

Should I send my score to the schools I am interested in?

If I do not send them the day I take the test does it cost to send them later?

Do PT schools take your highest GRE score? Average scores? The first score?

Say I am not ok with my score, is it bad to take the GRE again??

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Go ahead and send your scores on test day. They will take the best combination of scores if you decide to take it more than once.

I have yet to take my GRE as well, but from what I have heard, you should send your scores to the schools you plan on applying to the day you take the test because if you wait until later they will charge you to send the scores to those schools. As far as the scores the schools choose to take, this depends strictly on the school you want to go to. One school I plan on applying to will take the best scores in each section if you take the test more than once, and another school I plan on applying to will take the highest total test score. I do not think it is bad if you take the GRE more than once. Most school weigh that score pretty heavily in who they take into their program, so you are obviously going to want to score high enough to make yourself more competitive.

Hope this helps. And good luck!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks! The whole application process is so confusing!

At the end of the test they actually ask if you want to "keep" the score you've earned. The only catch is you don't get to see the score until after you decide - for what it's worth I had thought I did pretty bad but ended up doing well, so I guess it's kind of a crap-shoot. So, if you feel like you've totally messed up it won't be kept on record. And, yes, you should send the scores as people have said, they charge to send afterwards.

Honestly, I don't think it would hurt you to send them. A friend of mine took the gre 3 times and sent all her scores and got accepted to a variety of schools, so don't worry!

Random aside: when I took the exam, i was SURE i did horribly. so when it gave me the option to see my scores, i clicked yes and then closed my eyes and sat there for like 3 minutes guessing what it would be. when i opened my eyes, i saw that i actually did really well and did a little happy dance in my chair.

When i went out of the room to sign out, the woman at the testing center smiled and told me that I am the most entertaining test taker she's ever seen. Apparently you are on camera the whole time you take the exam, who knew? :p I was so embarassed but that darn test stressed me out!

Send them!! I thought for sure that I bombed it but I ended up doing pretty decent :)