Guelph c/o 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TooLove

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I looked everywhere and couldn't find a thread...am I the only one who applied??

Members don't see this ad.

Me too, I'm waiting for my online letter which should be sent out on Friday!

I'm no longer by my lonesome! Yay! Anyone else? Anyone?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an interview offer yesterday! I am really shocked.

What!! CONGRATS first of all! So exciting!

Everyone is getting interview offers and I'm panicking. I haven't heard a thing.

Edit: denied. :(

Last edited:
I nearly freaked out... before I realized that you are both probably international (US) applicants. Ontario residents won't hear back until January (at the earliest) if we're invited for the MMI and I'm very jealous that you have already heard something...
Good luck!

I nearly freaked out... before I realized that you are both probably international (US) applicants. Ontario residents won't hear back until January (at the earliest) if we're invited for the MMI and I'm very jealous that you have already heard something...
Good luck!

January 1st? I thought we wouldn't hear back until at least March 1st, when they have everyone's full application.

TooLove: Sorry to hear you were denied, good luck with the rest of your admissions.

True, nothing real until March/April, but I figure they have to send us a letter or something in January, right? I haven't even had an email so far :(

Good luck!

Unfortunately, ON applicants will have to wait quite a while..you won't hear back about interviews until early May (~2 weeks before interviews begin). And you won't get a confirmation email or anything like that either (unless this is something new), but on WebAdvisor you'll see a status update that your application has been received.

I'm a current 2nd year student at OVC btw - feel free to ask me any questions about the school/Guelph in general :).

So I haven't heard a peep from OVC since my interview, but my status on my Webadvisor account has changed to "Admitted as of 12/21" (my interview date). I'm guessing I can take that as an acceptance?

Hey! I also am applying this year. Good Luck to everyone!! :)

Good luck to everyone! Especially those who didn't realise that they wanted to apply to Guelph before they started ugrad... getting those courses approved is a pain.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Unfortunately, ON applicants will have to wait quite a while..you won't hear back about interviews until early May (~2 weeks before interviews begin). And you won't get a confirmation email or anything like that either (unless this is something new), but on WebAdvisor you'll see a status update that your application has been received.

I'm a current 2nd year student at OVC btw - feel free to ask me any questions about the school/Guelph in general :).

Do you have any interview tips? Or remember any questions that they asked you in your interview? Thanks :)

almost died when I saw the posts about interviews :eek:
applying this year from UWO after 21 years of dreaming about it..
good luck everyone! :)

I applied to Guelph and have had no end of issues :( My fee got sent to a different department that cashed it assuming it was a donation and now they haven't received my fall transcripts despite having sent them three times between now and December.

That is a total bummer. I know how that feels when things can't get done because it's out of your control. During my apps, one of my evaluators was incredibly busy and forgot to submit my evaluation which was literally the last thing left on my app. I wish you good luck in pulling through though!

So I haven't heard a peep from OVC since my interview, but my status on my Webadvisor account has changed to "Admitted as of 12/21" (my interview date). I'm guessing I can take that as an acceptance?

Congrats to you! That's awesome you've at least got that under your belt so officially you've gotten into veterinary school! I'm in the wait pool so I'm stressing out everyday until April 15th rolls about.

Congrats to you! That's awesome you've at least got that under your belt so officially you've gotten into veterinary school! I'm in the wait pool so I'm stressing out everyday until April 15th rolls about.

Thank you! I actually got accepted to my in-state this morning. I had my heart set on Guelph, but the difference in tuition will probably be the deciding factor for me. It breaks my heart because I was in love with Guelph and everyone I met there, but I'll be happy to know it might open up a spot for you!

Thank you! I actually got accepted to my in-state this morning. I had my heart set on Guelph, but the difference in tuition will probably be the deciding factor for me. It breaks my heart because I was in love with Guelph and everyone I met there, but I'll be happy to know it might open up a spot for you!

I'm sorry about the finances. I definitely can relate especially since my parents grew up in 3rd world poverty so I'm super incredibly lucky that they made it out and now I have a chance!

During my trip to Guelph, I definitely understand what you mean when you had your heart set on it. Just the community and the program seem incredible. Applying to vet school, I didn't have a clue about the differences between them, but after that visit it's definitely high on my list if I have the choice!

Also, love ski-free, real throwback!

Hey, is anyone applying to the graduate cohort this year? If yes, do you mind sharing your overall academic average? The OVC website does not give out too much information regarding the graduate student pool so I was hoping someone on here could maybe help.

It was posted on the Guelph Future Vets Club forum to check Webadvisor next week for interview info - :eek:
wasn't expecting anything this early so now I'm going to have a week-long heart attack!

OMG how did I miss that! Good luck everyone.

Hey, is anyone applying to the graduate cohort this year? If yes, do you mind sharing your overall academic average? The OVC website does not give out too much information regarding the graduate student pool so I was hoping someone on here could maybe help.

I know this is a little late for this round of applications, but I figured I would respond anyway...

I was planning to apply with the graduate cohort, but decided against it last minute due to the lack of information. I asked Ms. Lowenger about it and all she told me was that the letters are worth quite a bit during the considerations of who to interview/admit. She provided no information about number of publications or grades of accepted applicants from past years. From what I have read, if you are at all competitive with the undergraduates it is recommended that you apply with that pool.

Something to consider: I have one publication (with another in the works), one international conference, 5 summers of lab experience (in 4 different labs focusing on med sci and ecology; not including my MSc lab or lab work), an honours thesis, and a teaching award nomination. My application average to OVC is 80.2 (last two ugrad sems + prereq's + MCAT).

I have no idea if I would have been competitive with the grads, but maybe what I just stated above can give you, or anyone else confused about the decision, some sort of guideline. From what I understand, very few if any PhD grads apply. So, likely, no one will have more than one or two publications, and most will likely have none.

Interview invitations have started to be sent out. I just received one 25 minutes ago.

Good luck! Hopefully everyone on here will receive some good news today or tomorrow!

YES! I'm not sure I can take another 4-5 weeks of this without getting an ulcer.

I think I'm in the middle of the pack when it comes to marks (thanks to a few stupid courses) so I keep going over my interview answers even though that was a blur..my thing is, I found the interview very fair and can't really see how someone could seriously mess it up...but they can't accept everyone! ahhhh stressful :scared:

This waiting is driving me crazy too. One day I think there's no way I'm getting in & then the next I feel like I have a decent shot at it. My problem is that I have no idea how to gage how I did in the interview...it's a complete blur for me too. Anyway, I hope they let us know right away in June.

Usually they let applicants know ~1 month post-interview, and it'll show up on WebAdvisor. Hang in there guys!

This waiting is driving me crazy too. One day I think there's no way I'm getting in & then the next I feel like I have a decent shot at it.

I was feeling exactly the same way!!

Grats to everyone who received admission for this fall!
See you in September!