OVC Unversity of Guelph c/o 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PawsnClaws!

Reaction score
I haven't seen a thread.

International applicant from NY.

Members don't see this ad.

How are other international applicants paying their supplemental fee? My bank doesn’t do bank drafts, and I can’t find anywhere that sells money orders valid in Canada :(. I’d appreciate any advice!!

How are other international applicants paying their supplemental fee? My bank doesn’t do bank drafts, and I can’t find anywhere that sells money orders valid in Canada :(. I’d appreciate any advice!!
I was able to get a certified check from my bank. Not sure why yours doesn't?

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't gotten an email in regards to the supplemental fee. Did they email you?

You were supposed to send it. You can check if they've received it or not on your status page.
Sent. It’s due 11/1. But I couldn’t find the address where to send it. It wasn’t on my Status Page. Their portal/email system is a little confusing.

Sent. It’s due 11/1. But I couldn’t find the address where to send it. It wasn’t on my Status Page. Their portal/email system is a little confusing.
Yeah I agree. They included their address on an email a few months back and I saved it to send the check

Does anyone know how large, generally, their applicant pool is for international students for the 25 seats?

Does anyone know the timeline for OVC to send out interview/rejection notices? I'm so anxious...best of luck to you all!

Does anyone know the timeline for OVC to send out interview/rejection notices? I'm so anxious...best of luck to you all!
I read through last year's thread. It was December 9th. So hopfully next Friday!

Reactions: 1 users
I got an interview invite! Make sure you are checking your UOGuelph email, that's the only place they sent it to. Good luck everyone, I am rooting for you

I got an interview invite! Make sure you are checking your UOGuelph email, that's the only place they sent it to. Good luck everyone, I am rooting for you
What time did you get the email? I checked at 4:00 EST before I left work and nothing. I am away this weekend and can’t log in from my phone. I have to wait for Monday to check on my work laptop. 😩

What time did you get the email? I checked at 4:00 EST before I left work and nothing. I am away this weekend and can’t log in from my phone. I have to wait for Monday to check on my work laptop. 😩
4:37 EST

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I have not received an email. Does anyone know how invites or rejections are sent? Is it in waves?

Congratulations to all those accepted!

This is my email...

"Thank you for your application to the DVM program at the Ontario Veterinary College.

At this time, your file is on hold. We will review your application again in the Spring if there is space available in the program. If you had/have prerequisite courses in progress, please arrange to have your official transcript with updated grades submitted to [email protected] no later than April 30th, 2024.

Be sure to check your WebAdvisor account for any other outstanding documents required to complete your application."

I view it as a soft rejection. ;(

Congratulations to all those accepted!

This is my email...

"Thank you for your application to the DVM program at the Ontario Veterinary College.

At this time, your file is on hold. We will review your application again in the Spring if there is space available in the program. If you had/have prerequisite courses in progress, please arrange to have your official transcript with updated grades submitted to [email protected] no later than April 30th, 2024.

Be sure to check your WebAdvisor account for any other outstanding documents required to complete your application."

I view it as a soft rejection. ;(
Awww I’m so sorry to hear this. Does this imply you’re missing an “appropriate” prerequisite?

Should I call or email the school if I haven't gotten anything back at all? My last name is G so I'm wondering if its alphabetical? :/

does anyone know if guelph tracks?
Hi Ellen

Yes in last year you can choose from 4 streams: Small Animal, Food Animal, Equine, and Rural Community Practice. There are core rotations and elective rotations if you want to focus on a specific area. You can also join one of 27 or so clubs to get some cool extracurricular training and networking.

Does anyone know how OVC’s waitlist work? Or how often people turn down seats?
Thank you! And congratulations to everyone who got in! 💛

Does anyone know how OVC’s waitlist work? Or how often people turn down seats?
Thank you! And congratulations to everyone who got in! 💛
OVC student here. A lot of international applicants from the states turn down their seats when they get acceptance to other schools such as their in state schools. Most internationl students from my class got their acceptance in April after the first few batches of seats were turned down. Mostly a waiting game now. Hope that helps!

• Care
Another maybe stupid question, but I was having a hard time finding my answer. Does anyone know if Guelph allows you to establish residency? I am an applicant from the United States.

Hey are there any domestic applicants here? Wondering how you are going about interview prep?