Gunner Training?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hope2bpaindoc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
A

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you guys think of GT physio? Maybe its just me, but so far I haven't found it all that great. Other than BRS, are there any other good physio books out there that I can use along with GT?

I came across my first comment today while adding some older topics to my bank. If you have banked Nephrology--> Anatomy --> Loop of Henle, and haven't seen any notification I doubt you'll see anything.

I have a feeling the card may be wrong where it says "K+ leak channels in the luminal membrane allow electrochemical potential gradient to drive further reabsorption of cations: K+, Mg++ and Ca++." Wikipedia states "This K+ "leak" generates a positive electrochemical potential difference in the lumen. The electrical gradient drives more reabsorption of Na+, as well as other cations such as magnesium (Mg2+) and importantly calcium Ca2+." I don't feel like leaving any feedback after their recent email asking for only cosmetic fixes.

When little things like that come up, I just keep moving. The chances of this being tested are slim.

Secondly, if you want to have a discussion, find a real source and write exactly what the cards says and exactly what you think the card should say. I think you're saying you should substitute Na for K, but honestly I haven't gone through Renal yet. I did a quick glance through BRS physio and found only this:

has a lumen-positive potential difference. Although the Na+ -K+ -2CI- cotransporter
appears to be electroneutral, some K+ diffuses back into the lumen, making the lumen
electrically positive.

Possible both sources are right (only difference is GT didn't mention Na, and does that really matter?). Seems like a minor detail.

What do you guys think of GT physio? Maybe its just me, but so far I haven't found it all that great. Other than BRS, are there any other good physio books out there that I can use along with GT?

Lol, if you are needing more than BRS physio, I wouldn't know what to say. Did you take a physio course? GT isn't meant to teach physio anymore than First Aid is. It's a tool to remember what you've learned.

Members don't see this ad :)
I came across my first comment today while adding some older topics to my bank. If you have banked Nephrology--> Anatomy --> Loop of Henle, and haven't seen any notification I doubt you'll see anything.

I have a feeling the card may be wrong where it says "K+ leak channels in the luminal membrane allow electrochemical potential gradient to drive further reabsorption of cations: K+, Mg++ and Ca++." Wikipedia states "This K+ "leak" generates a positive electrochemical potential difference in the lumen. The electrical gradient drives more reabsorption of Na+, as well as other cations such as magnesium (Mg2+) and importantly calcium Ca2+." I don't feel like leaving any feedback after their recent email asking for only cosmetic fixes.
How tragic.

Your insight will be missed.

I tend to get caught up the details. Forgive me. It was the source of confusion for someone that led them to post their question in the card's discussion. It was also the first discussion post I had come across while going through GT. Onward and upward.

Anybody's visual memory kicking in during GT?

So my brain has a VERY VERY strong ability to visually recall things based on visual recognitition/clues. I can usually remember exactly how a page looked in a book and what info was located where and I feel like this is kind of handicapping me with GT.

I just kind of visually recognize seeing the question and the length/wording of the question and it triggers an answer into my head.

Example: Ligaments of the Uterus, I can answer them all easily by visually recognizing how the question on GT looks, but today when I did sample questions I couldn't remember what the Broad Ligament of the uterus was.

When I see the question on GT even though I don't know what the Broad Ligament is, my brain can somehow recognize the question length/wording etc.. from the GT screen and it remembers the red writing that shows up when you click select answer and I can spit out the answer like this, however when I see the same question in an unfamiliar format my brain starts to get mixed up.

Does this make sense? I feel like I'm just visually recognizing things on GT, but I'm not properly storing the words into my brain. Whenver I see "where does the foramen secundum form" I can RIGHT AWAY recognize seeing that question and spit out the answer in a split second and move on.

However I'm pretty sure if someone asked me during a verbal conversation, I would end up getting a bit confused and having difficulty thinking up the answer. I'm wondering if reading FA and storing the FA pgs into my head and organizing them in my brain later on during studying will help me overcome this?

I sometimes feel that way. I think they should ask the same type of question 10 different ways -- referencing the same note in the flashcard each time as the answer -- to overcome this issue. (Aka have the same number of answers in the qbank, just a lot more questions.) I also run it in lite mode which I find ups the "randomization" factor (you don't have 5 questions off one card in a row), but others seem to think that's not an effective strategy so who knows...

Anybody's visual memory kicking in during GT?

So my brain has a VERY VERY strong ability to visually recall things based on visual recognitition/clues. I can usually remember exactly how a page looked in a book and what info was located where and I feel like this is kind of handicapping me with GT.

I just kind of visually recognize seeing the question and the length/wording of the question and it triggers an answer into my head.

Example: Ligaments of the Uterus, I can answer them all easily by visually recognizing how the question on GT looks, but today when I did sample questions I couldn't remember what the Broad Ligament of the uterus was.

When I see the question on GT even though I don't know what the Broad Ligament is, my brain can somehow recognize the question length/wording etc.. from the GT screen and it remembers the red writing that shows up when you click select answer and I can spit out the answer like this, however when I see the same question in an unfamiliar format my brain starts to get mixed up.

Does this make sense? I feel like I'm just visually recognizing things on GT, but I'm not properly storing the words into my brain. Whenver I see "where does the foramen secundum form" I can RIGHT AWAY recognize seeing that question and spit out the answer in a split second and move on.

However I'm pretty sure if someone asked me during a verbal conversation, I would end up getting a bit confused and having difficulty thinking up the answer. I'm wondering if reading FA and storing the FA pgs into my head and organizing them in my brain later on during studying will help me overcome this?

I do understand what you're saying. I think this is again the difference between using GT to learn things compared to using it to remember.

Your goal in answering a GT card correctly should be understanding the card and making a picture of it, instead of just being able to recite the card.

Just how you are associating the answer with the pattern of the card, I try to associate a picture.

Last edited:
Here are my thoughts after half a year...

I've been using gunner training for about 6 months. Really, I love it. It is fantastic.
I've been using the comprehensive mode.

But, I've pretty much stopped using it. It is just too much. You would have to be pretty freaking masochistic to maintain using this thoroughly along with medical school. As others have probably mentioned, once you have a sizable amount of questions used, the review questions REALLY begin to pile up. I understand the need for them, but that level of review just cannot be appropriate before Step 1 study time. You may just be pushing aside my advise telling yourself that I'm just not hardcore enough (I admittedly am not), but it gets to be an unreasonable time suck. I think my time is going to be better spend working through Kaplan's Qbank until real study time starts in May and then I'll continue on to UWorld.

It's not all a waste for me though. It is still useful for quickly browsing through cards of the current material I'm doing. There are some great notes.

I've considered switching to the "lite" mode, but I recal many people not being thrilled with it. I may have no choice though.

I'm only a few months in, but I can't deny your criticisms. I wonder if I should be spending multiple hours a day on something outside of class. I think the only way I can use GT well is to try to bank + master 50% over summer, which would keep the daily review time relatively low.

Ideas for GT improvement: Lite mode for subjects... E.g. Lite on biochem but not on physiology

I think in the end, GT is really valuable. You will end up doing a bit worse in courses but you leave remembering 100% of the high yield info instead of 30-50% of the lecture material (which is less than 30-50% of high yield because lecture just isn't).

Members don't see this ad :)
Here are my thoughts after half a year...

I've been using gunner training for about 6 months. Really, I love it. It is fantastic.
I've been using the comprehensive mode.

But, I've pretty much stopped using it. It is just too much. You would have to be pretty freaking masochistic to maintain using this thoroughly along with medical school. As others have probably mentioned, once you have a sizable amount of questions used, the review questions REALLY begin to pile up. I understand the need for them, but that level of review just cannot be appropriate before Step 1 study time. You may just be pushing aside my advise telling yourself that I'm just not hardcore enough (I admittedly am not), but it gets to be an unreasonable time suck. I think my time is going to be better spend working through Kaplan's Qbank until real study time starts in May and then I'll continue on to UWorld.

It's not all a waste for me though. It is still useful for quickly browsing through cards of the current material I'm doing. There are some great notes.

I've considered switching to the "lite" mode, but I recal many people not being thrilled with it. I may have no choice though.

I'm about 6mos in too, but I was silly enough to reset a bunch of disciplines last semester so that definitely set me back (I wanted to only see cards related to the courses I was taking at that time).

Anyway, I totally agree that it's a big time sink/investment (hopefully the latter's more accurate :laugh:)..

For me, the cards follow my courses pretty well.. My main complaint is that GT needs a feature whereby users can make customized quizzes for exam review. I think such a feature would make GT more HY, bcos one can really hone in on what you need to study for a given exam while mastering the material for the long haul. This way, a greater % of GT time = studying for classes. Short of this, the only way to use GT for exam prep is keep up with daily reviews and/or review all cards that are banked for a given discipline.

How much did u complete? I'm at 40% now, I'm shooting for completion by end of April...

I'm about 6mos in too, but I was silly enough to reset a bunch of disciplines last semester so that definitely set me back (I wanted to only see cards related to the courses I was taking at that time).

Anyway, I totally agree that it's a big time sink/investment (hopefully the latter's more accurate :laugh:)..

For me, the cards follow my courses pretty well.. My main complaint is that GT needs a feature whereby users can make customized quizzes for exam review. I think such a feature would make GT more HY, bcos one can really hone in on what you need to study for a given exam while mastering the material for the long haul. This way, a greater % of GT time = studying for classes. Short of this, the only way to use GT for exam prep is keep up with daily reviews and/or review all cards that are banked for a given discipline.

How much did u complete? I'm at 40% now, I'm shooting for completion by end of April...

Good point.

For example, if you could chose the topic and sub topic, and just do cards or quizzes from that. That would be awesome. A huge improvement to GT. Someone should email them this idea.

I agree with both Jack and Bernoull. While I have only been using GT for the past 3 months, I can tell that it will be a very useful resource for someone like me. My memory is terrible. I need to be constantly reviewing things to keep them memorized and useful. AggieSean, another user on this board who used GT in his Step 1 prep, described a moment where he forgot the direction of DNA synthesis. I too forget even the simplest of facts. GT was useful for him, and I believe it is and will prove to be a useful tool for me. Since beginning to use it, I've noticed I can recall facts much quicker than usual, and can explain concepts to people with very little effort since the information is readily available. I'm astonished at how well I can remember tiny details when asked about them. In order to really get the most out of it, you will probably need to bank and master a fair amount before second year and/or be willing to devote up to 3-4 hours/day to go over cards.

While I only add cards that we are covering in class, I've noticed GT has me learning a number of extra details I would not otherwise see. It would be nice to be able to select specific cards and review them outside of their spaced-learning schedule. I find myself sacrificing time I could be reviewing/learning the nitty gritty details necessary to do well in class in order to teach myself and review high-yield info GT presents.

The entire program is still relatively new. They are adding new features, increasing the number of cards, and adding more questions all the time. I believe they are collecting data from every user and using that data to improve the overall system. Also, take the above with a grain of salt since I'm only an MS1.

Quick question... does the "banking %" = the materials you have mastered for step1? So a 100% bank means you have mastered all the materials..? Theoretically speaking this should be done maybe 2 months prior to the actual exam?

Quick question... does the "banking %" = the materials you have mastered for step1? So a 100% bank means you have mastered all the materials..? Theoretically speaking this should be done maybe 2 months prior to the actual exam?

banking is just having looked at the flashcard and adding its questions to your review schedule. mastery is achieving a recall level of 4 or 5 (near perfect or perfect recall of the flashcard) on a question. so people will typically have much lower mastery percentages than banked percentages (for example, someone who completes GT may be at 100% banked, 80% mastered initially...the mastery percentage will fluctuate depending on if that person's memory for the flashcards decreases or improves for the length of time GT is used.)

and I don't think I could do GT in two months. it's too much

Have you guys all seen the new option to reset perfect recall? How are you guys using it? I don’t see a lot of utility in excluding questions I understand “perfectly”… and if I did I don’t think I’d go back and reintroduce those later… but that could be due to the fact I’m only around 15% banked.

Is anyone using perfect recall to exclude information they DON’T understand yet? For example, sometimes I’ll understand everything about a physio card, except for some included pathology… I was thinking about marking that info perfect recall, then returning to it when I learn the info in class. Thoughts?

I love the reset perfect recall button. I have hit the button by accident several times (apparently 11!). I am restoring right now.

AND

I am highly tempted to use perfect recall as a way to hide the HY questions that are (!) not relevant to each upcoming exam. I reset all of pulmonary earlier in the year and that was a pain to restore.

Two months would be REALLY difficult on comprehensive mode. I started over winter break (Step 1 is June 7th for me) and I regret not starting sooner. I've been doing at least ten new cards a day and usually 15 or 20 when I can stomach it and the review questions have really been piling up. I can usually manage 150-200 questions a day all right, but some days when I have 300+ it's really difficult to handle (along with normal school work, a social life and banking new GT cards). This test can't come soon enough.

Yup, I've been very tempted to use the perfect recall feature for off-label purposes too -- particularly for stuff I don't understand AND think (is likely to be) too detailed for USMLE. (Here's looking at you Gross Anatomy section!) Actually I'm even tempted to "perfect recall" some of those questions where they want you to name 11 different things as they slow my pace down. With the restore perfect recall option I figure I can always go back if I change my mind/have mastered everything else. As yet I have not done any of this because I don't trust my thinking regarding what's going to help me for STEP1 vs. GT's expertise on the matter. But, especially with some of you flirting with the idea, I might give this a try...

this option is a major winner. I'm happy that they keep improving GT.
If they would add STEP2 I would extend my subscription instantly!

this option is a major winner. I'm happy that they keep improving GT.
If they would add STEP2 I would extend my subscription instantly!

Prospects for Step 2 is another reason I'm sticking with GT, it's a great way to retain hard-earned knowledge for the long-haul. It should give us a leg up given the overlap between Steps 1/2.

BTW, does anyone intend to keep doing GT after Step 1, to retain info for rotations and Step 2?

Prospects for Step 2 is another reason I'm sticking with GT, it's a great way to retain hard-earned knowledge for the long-haul. It should give us a leg up given the overlap between Steps 1/2.

BTW, does anyone intend to keep doing GT after Step 1, to retain info for rotations and Step 2?

Yup, I've been considering it...

definitely intend to do that.
and I agree regarding the overlap.

Maybe on light mode... I feel like a lot of the stuff on GT (and Step 1 for that matter) would be pretty useless for clinical rotations and beyond. If only there were a way to separate out the clinically useful material from all the basic science minutiae.

Maybe on light mode... I feel like a lot of the stuff on GT (and Step 1 for that matter) would be pretty useless for clinical rotations and beyond. If only there were a way to separate out the clinically useful material from all the basic science minutiae.

Hopefully they add a feature which would allow users to transpose clinically relevant material for the wards/Step 2 out of the original Step 1 prep program. Theoretically, it would limit the amount of minutiae present while keeping your hard earned readily available.

I think by August 2012 they will have STEP 2CK ready. I think they might be waiting for most people to take the step 1 in June before they roll it out.

On another note I see there are quite a large amount of messages about people wanting to start GT now for their June exam. While I'm pretty sure its impossible to bank everything I would still recommend that they at least do the flash cards for their weakest areas. So far my highest USMLERx averages are on subjects that I have completed and reviewed the GT flashcards.

I am considering doing GT on lite mode. Is the mastery the same on lite mode and comprehensive mode. Say for example my goal is 70 percent mastery, would it matter if I got this in lite mode or comprehensive mode. I am ssuming my knowlegde would be the same, it would just take longer on lite mode.

I am considering doing GT on lite mode. Is the mastery the same on lite mode and comprehensive mode. Say for example my goal is 70 percent mastery, would it matter if I got this in lite mode or comprehensive mode. I am ssuming my knowlegde would be the same, it would just take longer on lite mode.

No. Your mastery is NOT the same. I don't think you can get to 100 percent on lite. I once made the mistake of switching from comprehensive to lite and my % mastery went down at least 4 points. And it didn't recover right away when I switched back to comprehensive.

fwiw I think lite is best reserved for 3rd years who are on rotation. I don't know though.

No. Your mastery is NOT the same. I don't think you can get to 100 percent on lite. I once made the mistake of switching from comprehensive to lite and my % mastery went down at least 4 points. And it didn't recover right away when I switched back to comprehensive.

fwiw I think lite is best reserved for 3rd years who are on rotation. I don't know though.

I understand that it will go down initially. If I am around 10 right now. Dropping down to lite will probably bring me to 7. However if i continue doing lite and reach 15, wouldn't it be the same thing as reaching 15 on comprehensive?

For the best explanation: look under account and settings "explain" for study mode. Their example of the details about the umbilical cord and the way they would ask questions suggests that one would NOT have the same mastery on lite as comprehensive. I mean, maybe one would, but there would not be as many testable opportunities in the same amount of time to demonstrate any holes remaining in one's knowledge.

Hope this helps.

What review day does each of the 1-5 scoring correspond to in terms of the next time a card will come again? Also how does scoring factor into choosing a customized review date for a card to come again? Wouldn't customizing interfere with their algorithm?

What review day does each of the 1-5 scoring correspond to in terms of the next time a card will come again? Also how does scoring factor into choosing a customized review date for a card to come again? Wouldn't customizing interfere with their algorithm?

it is an adaptable algorithm. you can't say a 4 means the card will always show up in 10 days. depending on how often you gave the card a 4, it might show up in 7 days, 15 days, a month, 3 months etc.

yes, your customization does interfere with their algorithm and I would not advise it for that reason and also it is a waste of time, I don't want to waste an extra 5-10seconds on a card to customize the review, but ymmv.

I understand that it will go down initially. If I am around 10 right now. Dropping down to lite will probably bring me to 7. However if i continue doing lite and reach 15, wouldn't it be the same thing as reaching 15 on comprehensive?

i think i see what you're asking, and i'm not sure i know the answer. but something to remember is that the % mastery isn't the purpose of using GT, it's merely a reflection of the endpoint: your comprehensive understanding of the material. if you use lite mode, you're only getting about half as many questions on each card, which means fewer opportunities to acquire knowledge that will benefit you on exam day. you don't have to spend as much time with GT if you do lite mode, but you won't know as much, either.

15% on lite mode is not the same thing as 15% on comprehensive. my guess is that 15% on lite means that you have covered a larger number of cards than on 15% comprehensive mastery, but that your understanding of each card is more superficial. put another way, if i master everything on a card, it gains me about 0.1% mastery on average. it might take 4s and 5s for everything on two or three cards to gain 0.1% on lite (but don't quote me on that, i used lite for the very first quiz i ever took on GT, it suggested i go over to comprehensive, and i haven't looked back since)

I toggled back to "comprehensive mode" today based on everyone's recommendations. Call me crazy but "lite" mode is much more of a challenge is "comprehensive" mode, and, I suspect, helps you to remember the details better. With comprehensive mode after receiving one question about, say, idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura, you know the next 4 questions are going to have answers relating to ITP, too. With lite mode, no such assurance. Last I checked unpredictability when testing your recall is a good thing. Am I missing something?

when I see strings of questions pop up about the same topic and I do not feel good about that topic (i.e. if I feel that seeing the answer to the first question will help me answer the following questions, thereby artificially inflating my recall score on those later questions if I rate them solely based on whether or not I can answer them as I see them), I will rate the following questions at whatever I think my recall would have been had I not seen any preceding questions about a topic. I also try to give similar questions slightly different recall scores so that they will show up on different days. It's not hard to figure out what you need to do in order to remember something and to make GT work for you if you feel like strings of similar questions are not useful.

Another strategy - when you've seen a card enough times, you know what GT is going to ask about it. As soon as you see the first question about that card pop up, make yourself remember details about other aspects of that card not specifically asked for by your specific question. Forces you to recall more facts on the card at a higher frequency.

I toggled back to "comprehensive mode" today based on everyone's recommendations. Call me crazy but "lite" mode is much more of a challenge is "comprehensive" mode, and, I suspect, helps you to remember the details better. With comprehensive mode after receiving one question about, say, idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura, you know the next 4 questions are going to have answers relating to ITP, too. With lite mode, no such assurance. Last I checked unpredictability when testing your recall is a good thing. Am I missing something?

recall isn't as strong if you aren't being directly quizzed on stuff. GT is all about forced recall; there is a world of difference between recalling something from memory and recognizing it when you see it.

unless you're trying to recall everything on a section from memory alone, based merely on the one question they give on the bolded sub-heading in lite mode. that's pretty hardcore and not really what they seem to have intended lite mode for. yeah that sounds pretty hard :eek:

when I see strings of questions pop up about the same topic and I do not feel good about that topic (i.e. if I feel that seeing the answer to the first question will help me answer the following questions, thereby artificially inflating my recall score on those later questions if I rate them solely based on whether or not I can answer them as I see them), I will rate the following questions at whatever I think my recall would have been had I not seen any preceding questions about a topic. I also try to give similar questions slightly different recall scores so that they will show up on different days. It's not hard to figure out what you need to do in order to remember something and to make GT work for you if you feel like strings of similar questions are not useful.

Another strategy - when you've seen a card enough times, you know what GT is going to ask about it. As soon as you see the first question about that card pop up, make yourself remember details about other aspects of that card not specifically asked for by your specific question. Forces you to recall more facts on the card at a higher frequency.

this, all of it. deliberately staggering the questions from one card into different days also gives you more frequent exposure you to the other points on the card even when you aren't being directly quizzed on them, which i think helps push stuff into latent memory. i feel you should be striving to be able to recite the card text from memory when prompted.

OK, so just to be clear, you're saying that if I stick with comprehensive mode and rate different questions off the same card with different numbers, then those questions will show up on different days? That the fact that I experience (in the example) I cited above 4 ITP questions in a row is just a temporary situation?

If that is true, then I will continue with comprehensive mode. If it's a constant feature of comprehensive mode that you often get strings of related questions, then I will switch back.

Can someone concretely clarify that point for me and my oversaturated brain?

OK, so just to be clear, you're saying that if I stick with comprehensive mode and rate different questions off the same card with different numbers, then those questions will show up on different days? That the fact that I experience (in the example) I cited above 4 ITP questions in a row is just a temporary situation?

If that is true, then I will continue with comprehensive mode. If it's a constant feature of comprehensive mode that you often get strings of related questions, then I will switch back.

Can someone concretely clarify that point for me and my oversaturated brain?

It is temporary. I find that cards that I covered on a certain day with a certain average get clustered together. As my recall for each question changes and I remember a little more about fluoxetine and less about sertraline, AND as I add new cards, the SSRIs end up FAR from each other and closer with cardio or micro or whatever.

The clustering "issue" works itself out best with time and MORE QUESTIONS. The solution to making gunner work is do it everyday. Period.

It is temporary. I find that cards that I covered on a certain day with a certain average get clustered together. As my recall for each question changes and I remember a little more about fluoxetine and less about sertraline, AND as I add new cards, the SSRIs end up FAR from each other and closer with cardio or micro or whatever.

The clustering "issue" works itself out best with time and MORE QUESTIONS. The solution to making gunner work is do it everyday. Period.

yep. today you'll space out on thioridazine, next pass you'll space out on the receptors it blocks and doesn't block. the only exceptions once your review schedule becomes robust are the ones that you haven't ever forgotten, and you aren't worried about those. as i said, sometimes questions on a card are such that i will remember other questions and then get them right too, but spacing them out intentionally works well for that (hit c, then <- arrow key, then enter gets it done fast)

I had done 65 cards before breakfast so I had only about 150 cards left.
I start again 45 minutes ago, and GT tells me me I have 180 cards to do. I thought to myself, fine, maybe I did only 35 cards this morning.
So now, I crack on and do another 75 cards and on some cards I was asking myself, did I do these cards this morning or last night and I'm confused. So I've got 105 cards left and click "end revision".
Now GT tells me I've got 127 cards left.
WTF is going on?? and is anyone else having problems?

Yup, I'm having the same problem. I had 600 questions to do and when I go to take the quiz it says I only have 400.

I don't mean to be a h4ter, but these questions kind of suck. They seem aimed at eliciting the most brain-dead of Pavlovian responses- "hemoptysis + hematuria = goodpastures." Boom, 1:1 reasoning. Most of these I know after reading the first sentence, but it's not like I am acing UWorld or Qbank. I've noticed several have been borderline untrue if not flat out wrong. I guess it is pretty cheap...but am I missing something here?

I had done 65 cards before breakfast so I had only about 150 cards left.
I start again 45 minutes ago, and GT tells me me I have 180 cards to do. I thought to myself, fine, maybe I did only 35 cards this morning.
So now, I crack on and do another 75 cards and on some cards I was asking myself, did I do these cards this morning or last night and I'm confused. So I've got 105 cards left and click "end revision".
Now GT tells me I've got 127 cards left.
WTF is going on?? and is anyone else having problems?

This is weird, I've never seen that. I only get new cards just after midnight and THAT's IT! Also if you rate something a 1, doesn't it take at least 1 day before it shows up again? Anyone got an explanation for this?

Yup, I'm having the same problem. I had 600 questions to do and when I go to take the quiz it says I only have 400.

Wow, u have 600Qs!! Did u pile up days worth of Qs or are u rating cards very low? That's a crazy amt of Qs!

I don't mean to be a h4ter, but these questions kind of suck. They seem aimed at eliciting the most brain-dead of Pavlovian responses- "hemoptysis + hematuria = goodpastures." Boom, 1:1 reasoning. Most of these I know after reading the first sentence, but it's not like I am acing UWorld or Qbank. I've noticed several have been borderline untrue if not flat out wrong. I guess it is pretty cheap...but am I missing something here?

Examples?

GT is a factual recall program, not a Qbank. If you can have brain-dead Pavlovian responses to all the information in First Aid, I'd say you're doing pretty good.

Also, the program may not be for you. Just don't use it.