Harvard School of Dental Medicine Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone gotten an application complete email or the one listing what else you need to submit yet?

I just received an email from Harvard saying my Application Screening was complete.

Members don't see this ad :)
Application screening? What did the email say?
Basically just telling me that my recommendations were in, my official DAT score was received, and that I had paid the application fee. It then went on to say very basic information regarding the timeline of the whole process from start to finish.

Basically just telling me that my recommendations were in, my official DAT score was received, and that I had paid the application fee. It then went on to say very basic information regarding the timeline of the whole process from start to finish.
Do you mind telling me when you submitted? Also, does Harvard have supplemental questions? Thanks!

I believe that was the application complete email right?

Do you mind telling me when you submitted? Also, does Harvard have supplemental questions? Thanks!
I submitted my application through AADSAS around 06/06, but my application was not fully verified until around 07/02 I believe. In regards to supplemental questions, I am unsure. I have not received anything of that nature as of now.

I submitted my application through AADSAS around 06/06, but my application was not fully verified until around 07/02 I believe. In regards to supplemental questions, I am unsure. I have not received anything of that nature as of now.
From what I have heard from a friend who is going to Harvard and applied last cycle, you get supplemental essays when you get invited for interview.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
My app also says complete. Should be starting to review them in the next couple of weeks!

When did you submit/ application complete notification?
Submitted my application around the end of July, don't remember the exact date. My application complete email was sent to me on August 16th.

Submitted my application around the end of July, don't remember the exact date. My application complete email was sent to me on August 16th.
Great to hear, my application complete email was sent August 17th

Can I ask what your major was and also did you have any research experience during undergrad?
Ya! I was a health science major! I did research for 2 years but it was more clinical rather than in a lab

For those who received interviews, did your status switch to under review before the interview invite?

Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed on Monday, loved this school!!!! Can't wait to get in :cool::cool:

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know how often Harvard sends out interview invites or how many rounds there are total?

Does anyone know how often Harvard sends out interview invites or how many rounds there are total?
I think they may be done with their pre-December invites, it looks like in previous years they were done by early/mid October :(

When did you apply and what is your stats if you don’t mind sharing?
Late june submission, 3.6 GPA 20 AA 18 PAT
Was so suprised to get an invite since my stats aren't great so don't give up hope everybody !! :clap:
happy to answer any questions anyone has about the school :)

food was really good and students seem so happy and unstressed, seems like p/f is massive

Class seems super tight knit and loves each other, blocks at HMS also seem really cool

Reactions: 2 users
Was so suprised to get an invite since my stats aren't great so don't give up hope everybody !! :clap:

food was really good and students seem so happy and unstressed, seems like p/f is massive

Class seems super tight knit and loves each other, blocks at HMS also seem really cool

Wow that’s amazing you got an interview since 3.6 is below the 5th percentile for recent years. My GPA is around that and I figured that was the main reason why I haven’t heard back

Congrats! What was the rest of your app like? Lots of research, extracurricular, volunteer hours, shadowing? Also, do you mind sharing if you’re ORM or URM?

Is HSDM done with interview invites until post December?

they gave me two dates to choose from (though getting the date you want is not necessarily guaranteed). one date is in-person while the other is virtual. hope this helps!