Program-Specific Info / Q's Has anyone heard from Carrol or University of Wisconsin, Milwuakee

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ot.3277

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Haven't heard from either

Members don't see this ad.

From the dates that I've observed on past posts of Milwaukee applicants, it seems that they don't sent out their admissions decisions until around March.

I applied to milwaukee, I haven't even gotten a notification that they received my application.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I applied to milwaukee, I haven't even gotten a notification that they received my application.
I e-mailed admissions at Milwaukee a while back regarding a question about my application and Cynthia got back to me and informed me that they "are not sending out notices confirming receipt of your application by OTCAS - if they say that it is complete, then it is"

I also emailed both schools and UW-Milwaukee said we should hear back in March and CarrollU said mid-February so it should be hopefully by next week that we hear from Carroll!

I also found out from someone else that Carroll may not get back to us until end of Feb now in case any of you guys were wondering!

Same, still waiting to hear back from these two schools

Heard back from Carroll. I got waitlisted :(

Would you mind sharing your stats?

Also heard back from Carroll today. Also waitlisted. Aai fingers crossed!

just got accepted off Carroll's waitlist on Friday! I had emailed them when I first found out I was waitlisted and they said they were not able to inform me of what number I was on the list.

Members don't see this ad :)
just got accepted off Carroll's waitlist on Friday! I had emailed them when I first found out I was waitlisted and they said they were not able to inform me of what number I was on the list.

Would you mind sharing your stats as well? I just want to know if I have chance of getting in.

UW Milwaukee said that they would start sending out letters next week :)

Reactions: 1 users
UW Milwaukee said that they would start sending out letters next week :)

Just got an email acceptance! They said to notify them by March 20th so they can let people on the wait list know sooner than later :)

Just got an email acceptance! They said to notify them by March 20th so they can let people on the wait list know sooner than later :)
Congratulations!! I'm still waiting to hear back. Do you mind sharing your stats?

Congrats, weird that they don't send acceptance and rejections at the same time

Reactions: 1 users
Congratulations!! I'm still waiting to hear back. Do you mind sharing your stats?

Thanks! :)

OT shadow/volunteer hours= 250+ in 4 settings (school, hand, pediatric clinic, nursing home)

My last 60 graduate GPA= 4.0

My overall Master's degree GPA= 4.0

My last 60 undergraduate GPA= 3.94

My overall undergraduate GPA= 3.4 (did horrible freshman and sophomore year)

Prerequisite GPA= 4.0

GRE: 159 Verbal, 150 Quantitative, 4 Writing

AmeriCorps volunteer 2 years
Work experience: Social Worker, Teacher, Residential Counselor for disabled adults.
International volunteer experiences in India, China, Brazil, Egypt... mostly working with orphanages, street children, and the poor.

Really good recommendations from OT, professor, employer (they each sent me a copy)

I was also accepted to UW-Milwaukee! Anyone have any insight on the program? I am trying to decide between Milwaukee and University of Kansas!

I was also accepted to UW-Milwaukee! Anyone have any insight on the program? I am trying to decide between Milwaukee and University of Kansas!
Congrats, I probably got wait listed since I have not heard from them yet.

I declined so that opens another spot :xf:

Last edited:
I was also accepted at UWM. I'm confused that the email said we also have to apply to their Graduate School -- is this just a technicality? Or, is there a chance that we would be accepted into the OT program but not UWM's graduate school?

Is there anyone that still hasn't heard from Milwaukee or Indiana state?

Is there anyone that still hasn't heard from Milwaukee or Indiana state?

Me >__> I emailed Cynthia (Milwaukee) a few days ago about the status of my application and she said that they're still looking over applications, but everyone should be notified by the end of March. Bleh.

Me >__> I emailed Cynthia (Milwaukee) a few days ago about the status of my application and she said that they're still looking over applications, but everyone should be notified by the end of March. Bleh.
Still waiting to here from Milwaukee.....

I was accepted to Carroll University earlier this week

Please post if you hear anything from Madison or Milwaukee today or this week! Still anxiously waiting...

I haven't heard from Milwaukee yet but I did receive my letter from Madison in the mail today. Unfortunately I was denied :(

Still waiting for Milwaukee as well. "End of the month" my butt.

Received an email today that I've been waitlisted at Milwaukee

Found out yesterday that I am wait listed at Madison!! But still no world from Milwaukee

I got wait listed at both :/ they both sent me emails this morning

I was not accepted to UW-MIlwaukee. Can focus on the one's remaining now. Good Luck everyone, see you on the outside.

Please post if you hear anything from Madison or Milwaukee today or this week! Still anxiously waiting...
I was accepted to Milwaukee today but will be declining

I got accepted into UWM. I will be an out of stater from Illinois and I am also wondering what their tuition/cost for the program would be for its entirety. The info from the bursar website is tricky to piece together.

Does anyone know if it's possible to differ a year at UWM?