hello naughty children please help me

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stinkycheeseperson

chiken mcnuget
Removed
Reaction score
yo yo yo what up

30 something white girl from the east coast.

cum gpa: 3.045 over 232; sci gpa: 3.063 over 111 (could be closer to 3.0 over 100 depending on a few classifications). Non trad, took about 10 years to finish ugrad (got a partial scholarship for my non-trad-y-ness), usual family/financial/medical/etc issues. I don't want to bring up my background. If it comes up, fine, but outside of disadvantage essay or a quick thing, I don't want to make it central.

fr (3 semesters)
41​
3.339​
so (3 semesters, 1 really sucked)
40​
2.450​
jr (sick, multiple crappy semesters, 5 total but 2 with no grades)
37​
1.651​
sr (4 semesters)
57​
3.442​
pb (roll your own, few crappy grades at first then flipped it and As all the way)
62​
3.456​

master's degree (not STEM, taught): 3.7 over 54. MCAT 512

ECs with estimated hours:
12000 hours in medical office and hospital work, 1000 hours of non-clinical volunteering, 1000 hours of research-y stuff (interviews, behavior tracking, data entry/sorting, and such in different fields), 4000 hours of non-clinical work (student affairs, museums, education), couple of school poster presentations, on a couple of pubs but nothing major. Currently work in research (not included above, if I applied this summer, would be about 4500 hours).

LORs from non-sci prof, current boss-type-person, sci person, maybe another.

do i need more clinically stuff? is my gpa refashion okay? should i take another year?

where to apply? would prefer east of the Mississippi but could be convinced of the mid-west (not west coast, plez).

Members don't see this ad.

Yes to June. I was trying not to state my state but it's kind of obvious with any detail, lol. Maryland

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes to June. I was trying not to state my state but it's kind of obvious with any detail, lol. Maryland
ummm how was anyone supposed to deduce the fact you're from Maryland just based on your post above?

Reactions: 2 users
You could receive interviews at many DO schools and I suggest all these:
PCOM (all schools)
UNECOM
NYIT (both schools)
Touro-NY
LECOM ( all schools)
WVSOM
UP-KYCOM
ACOM
ARCOM
WCU-COM
MU-COM
KCU-COM
DMU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
UIWSOM
It is possible you could receive MD interviews and I suggest these schools:
Maryland
George Washington
West Virginia
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Penn State
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
Wake Forest
Seton Hall
Albany
New York Medical College
Vermont
Quinnipiac
NOVA MD
TCU-UNT
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State
Medical College Wisconsin
Loyola
Your best chances will be the DO schools.

Reactions: 1 users
@Faha, thank you for the list. Leaving aside the gpa issue, since it's what it is at this point, is there anything else to shore up? If I have an interest in underserved communities, especially rural, are there any schools to add?

I'll have to look into the DO schools more. Some of the MD schools were already on my definitely list, so yay.

@Faha, thank you for the list. Leaving aside the gpa issue, since it's what it is at this point, is there anything else to shore up? If I have an interest in underserved communities, especially rural, are there any schools to add?

I'll have to look into the DO schools more. Some of the MD schools were already on my definitely list, so yay.
Your ECs are already very good. Many of the DO schools have an interest in rural and underserved communities.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.