HELP: Any Reviews on Advocate Lutheran vs Advocate Christ IM?? Trying to submit my rank list ASAP.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CrazyHorseLady

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am trying to submit my rank list like today or tomorrow. I am hearing completely mixed reviews on Lutheran and despite being a Chicagoan I feel completely in the dark about how to rank them. And for Christ I've heard all good things, but very confused about if it qualifies for Public Service Loan Forgiveness as during my interview they said they did not yet its Not-For-Profit status (Lutheran says they are qualified so both being under Advocate and not-for-profit confuses me that they would have a different status).

The negative I heard about Lutheran was that the general medical floor residents and attendings are quick to consult/over consult and do not try to solve straightforward diagnoses themselves. This was from a medical student in my class that rotated there on a Sub-I in the last 4 months. I have asked my class if anyone else has had an experience there and of course no response. I have posted on reddit already and I am not getting any responses there either- I feel like understanding how true this statement is is by hearing several Sub-Is' recent experiences there. Alas of course I cannot reach out to the residents and ask them if they over-consult lol.

Members don't see this ad.