Help! I've become addicted to sdn!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ToothbrushBuddy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
:scared::arghh:Why do I care so much what random strangers think?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I really hope my classmates are not this neurotic in real life..................+pity+

Neurotic can be a good thing, it allows us to become the best.

Reactions: 1 user
:scared::arghh:Why do I care so much what random strangers think? Help!
does this have to do with that thread "why student's go to upenn, the blunt truth blahblahblah" ?...because...haters gon' hate

Yep, we're all crazy and you are totally normal

Because there are loads of ppl posting everyday on here who are worried about getting in at all, and ur complaining about a troll who titillated ur ego but has a post count of 3 and dipped. Hmm

Oh no, I'm not worried about that infamous UPenn post, I just always promised myself I would never get addicted to anything on the internet and I'm just really mad at myself for spending an inordinate amount of time on sdn.

Oh no, I'm not worried about that infamous UPenn post, I just always promised myself I would never get addicted to anything on the internet and I'm just really mad at myself for spending an inordinate amount of time on sdn.
My apologies :( must've read way in between the lines, it was late lol

It's normal to be concerned with what others think. That's why some people have separate accounts they use specifically for trolling - they don't have the guts to say their opinion/be seen as immature because they're worried about tarnishing their "e-reputation," and paranoid that in some way, it could be traced back to them when they start school.

I think SDN also makes people come back because it's a good outlet for them to feel like they're going through the same thing with others, can offer useful advice, and can have their voice heard in some way. Most people like to feel useful.

Best way to deal with any addiction (I use that term loosely - I'm sure you're not really addicted to SDN!) is to separate yourself from it. I'd say limit your time, but giving in to an addiction in small doses only makes you crave it in larger portions.

It's normal to be concerned with what others think. That's why some people have separate accounts they use specifically for trolling - they don't have the guts to say their opinion/be seen as immature because they're worried about tarnishing their "e-reputation," and paranoid that in some way, it could be traced back to them when they start school.

I think SDN also makes people come back because it's a good outlet for them to feel like they're going through the same thing with others, can offer useful advice, and can have their voice heard in some way. Most people like to feel useful.

Best way to deal with any addiction (I use that term loosely - I'm sure you're not really addicted to SDN!) is to separate yourself from it. I'd say limit your time, but giving in to an addiction in small doses only makes you crave it in larger portions.
Very insightful, thank you. I think you would make a good counselor if dentistry doesn't work out.

maybe its just me or ive become a loner now that most of my friends from college have split up to different careers

i really do enjoy coming here and reading what all of you are up to and feel like i know you guys on some personal level
you guys are my friends here!

so its not just you, i care what all of you think too
which is why i post so much

Reactions: 1 users
My classmates are already meeting up with each other and grabbing beers. I already met someone and I'm OOS for my school. From what I can see, schools are pretty good about finding students that "fit" together.

Reactions: 1 users
The secret to breaking any addiction is to replace it with another addiction. I recommend cigarettes or mescaline.

Youre just bored; go out and make new friends, it might feel a bit strange being social after being a study hermit for so long but the feeling will pass.

Just get a new addiction, problem solved. Seriously though, for most SDN loses its appeal after a while. Just give it time.

I openly troll on my main account. People who don't have the balls to own up to their trolling disgust me.

There's a google chrome app that lets you block sites after a few minutes.