This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Adler matched all of the neuropsych students to APA accredited sites for internship this year and that's the concentration I would do though

That's of course a good thing, although with neuropsych specifically, not all internships are created equal. You're also going to want to know how many of those neuropsych students then went on to obtain formal neuropsych postdocs and, eventually, are working as actual neuropsychologists. This kind of information can be tough to obtain, though.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
That's of course a good thing, although with neuropsych specifically, not all internships are created equal. You're also going to want to know how many of those neuropsych students then went on to obtain formal neuropsych postdocs and, eventually, are working as actual neuropsychologists. This kind of information can be tough to obtain, though.
Yes - I have emailed current neuropsych students to see if I can get the info

I'm accepted to 3 Ed.S. programs for school psychology. My favorite one is BRAND NEW therefore will not be NASP approved until after I graduate.

Has anyone else out there attended a non-nasp-approved program? If so, how did this effect finding a job for you?

Advice? Should I even be considering this school?

Members don't see this ad :)
What about the Chicago School's NP

To save us all time here, its possible for any student to come out of these programs and be good. Of course. But thats not what you asking is it?

You are asking is the "program" itself good. That is, does it have a reputation for producing folks who are well trained in that specialty. Generally, its a universal "no" for professional school programs. They are simply outshined by the 2 dozen or so well-established, traditional ph.d programs that are known for npsych.

To save us all time here, its possible for any student to come out of these programs and be good. Of course. But thats not what you asking is it?

You are asking is the "program" itself good. That is, does it have a reputation for producing folks who are well trained in that specialty. Generally, its a universal "no" for professional school programs. They are simply outshined by the 2 dozen or so well-established, traditional ph.d programs that are known for npsych.
I understand that you're not in favor of professional schools. These are my options and I'm looking for opinions on which to pick not IF I should pick these anymore. Thank you for your input.

Reactions: 1 user
I understand that you're not in favor of professional schools. These are my options and I'm looking for opinions on which to pick not IF I should pick these anymore. Thank you for your input.

Then clarify your questions, because if you ask: "Is x professional school's (insert speciality track here) good?".... Or "Do you recommend x professional school's (insert speciality track here)?" most everybody here is going to say no. Some are worse than others I suppose, but most people are still not going to encourage picking one low quality program over a slightly less low quality program. Its just a fundamentally poor way to approach graduate education/training in this field. Who benefits?

Last edited:
Then clarify your questions, because if you ask: "Is x professional school's (insert speciality track here) good?".... Or "Do you recommend x professional school's (insert speciality track here)?" most everybody here is going to say no. Some are worse than others I suppose, but most people are still not going to encourage picking one low quality program over a slightly less low quality program. Its just a fundamentally poor way to approach graduate education/training in this field. Who benefits?
Thank you.

I know you may disagree with erg's message on these last few posts, but the underlying theme is very salient. If you are going neuro, it is an uphill battle. You won't see it initially, but the steepness of that hill intensifies as you go into internship and postdoc from these places.

I know you may disagree with erg's message on these last few posts, but the underlying theme is very salient. If you are going neuro, it is an uphill battle. You won't see it initially, but the steepness of that hill intensifies as you go into internship and postdoc from these places.
I agree. I work in a neuro lab at northwestern and I have spoken with people in the neuro concentrations at Adler and I know I have the determination and drive to succeed. I disagree with the aforementioned blogger's demeanor more so than the information. I appreciate your opinion and help!

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree. I work in a neuro lab at northwestern and I have spoken with people in the neuro concentrations at Adler and I know I have the determination and drive to succeed. I disagree with the aforementioned blogger's demeanor more so than the information. I appreciate your opinion and help!
I myself am guilty of the demeanor as well. It comes from a view that one shouldn't have to be in the top 5% of their grad school class to achieve things that most students will get in a quality program. That extra energy you spend on overcoming a poor program could be better spent on productive activities (research, extra clinical training, etc). We get passionate about the issue because we see the damage it causes in actual practice and training.

My "demenor" is to give information/facts mixed with opinion from experience. Its blunt, but in no way disrespects or insults anyone. We aren't doing psychotherapy here, so pardon my lack of tip-toeing and empathic highlights. If anything, wiseneuro is usually more blunt than I am. :)

Yes, drive/ambition is commendable and needed in this field. But, that is also the mindset of EVERYONE who goes to these schools. Yet, the outcome stats reveal outcomes with extereme variability. Nobody attends these programs thinking they will be a faliure and do poorly. I'm sure they ALL say what you say. But statistically, the numbers reveal that many of those people end up being wrong about that assertion ("I have the determination and drive, thus I will succeed"). So, you need to accept that your drive and ambition is a necessary but not sufficient variable for ensuring sucess in this field. Make sense?

My "demenor" is to give information/facts mixed with opinion from experience. Its blunt, but in no way disrespects or insults anyone. We aren't doing psychotherapy here, so pardon my lack of tip-toeing and empathic highlights. If anything, wiseneuro is usually more blunt than I am. :)

Yes, drive/ambition is commendable and needed in this field. But, that is also the mindset of EVERYONE who goes to these schools. Yet, the outcome stats reveal outcomes with extereme variability. Nobody attends these programs thinking they will be a faliure and do poorly. I'm sure they ALL say what you say. But statistically, the numbers reveal that many of those people end up being wrong about that assertion ("I have the determination and drive, thus I will succeed"). So, you need to accept that your drive and ambition is a necessary but not sufficient variable for ensuring sucess in this field. Make sense?
Sure - thank you.

Very true. I'm feeling unusually empathic today for some reason. Maybe it was the Alzheimer's feedback I had to deliver...
You're honest not pretentious and I thank you.

If you are going neuro, it is an uphill battle. You won't see it initially, but the steepness of that hill intensifies as you go into internship and postdoc from these places.

100% agree…and rightfully so. The day-to-day work is often high stakes, so the bar needs to be higher…which is why proper training and mentorship are paramount. For instance, APA-acred. program, APA-acred. internship, 2yr formal fellowship, and board eligibility/attainment are all presumed minimum requirements for employment at any halfway decent job. Who you know, who knows you, and where you trained matters in the Early Career years.

I'm hoping this is a good place to ask this question: I am advising an undergrad who wants to get a PhD in Clinical. She is more clinical focused than research focused, though she is interested in both. She knows APA match rate is important, so she recently asked me if she should only apply places with a 100% APA match rate. I would love to tell her yes - but in this day in age, is that reasonable? Even my very well respected PhD program had someone go unmatched a year ago (although we all matched this year). Does anyone have suggestions on what she might use for a cutoff for programs that are not at 100%? Initially I told her it should be above the match rate for that year, but the APA match rate for last year two years was in the 56-59% range and I would never tell her to go somewhere that only had 59% of their applicants get APA internships.

I'm hoping this is a good place to ask this question: I am advising an undergrad who wants to get a PhD in Clinical. She is more clinical focused than research focused, though she is interested in both. She knows APA match rate is important, so she recently asked me if she should only apply places with a 100% APA match rate. I would love to tell her yes - but in this day in age, is that reasonable? Even my very well respected PhD program had someone go unmatched a year ago (although we all matched this year). Does anyone have suggestions on what she might use for a cutoff for programs that are not at 100%? Initially I told her it should be above the match rate for that year, but the APA match rate for last year two years was in the 56-59% range and I would never tell her to go somewhere that only had 59% of their applicants get APA internships.
80% at the absolute lowest IMO.

I think 100% is unreasonable given that fewer than 25 programs have a 100% match rate over 5 years, according to data from a few years ago ( http://www.unc.edu/~mjp1970/Internship Outcomes.pdf ); many of those programs are research oriented as well, and probably not a good match for a primarily clinical student even if there's a research match there. I think 80% is a solid cut off; there are a few outlier programs in the 70s on this chart that are still well respected, but I might be hesitant myself knowing that number was so low.

I'd say 80% or 90% if she wants to be really safe. I'd also suggest that she look at how many people applied for internship that year. For instance, I'd view 2 out of 4 not matching much differently than I'd view 50 out of 100 not matching, even though the percentages are the same.

I was accepted to MSPP (PsyD) and Argosy DC (PsyD). I was also accepted to Suffolk (MA) and Hartford (MA). I am torn. Can anyone speak to these specific programs? Please message me if you can.

I was accepted to MSPP (PsyD) and Argosy DC (PsyD). I was also accepted to Suffolk (MA) and Hartford (MA). I am torn. Can anyone speak to these specific programs? Please message me if you can.

From an earlier post about MSPP:

MSPP:

Tuition for full-time students(in-state)$38,080
Tuition for full-time students (out-of-state)$38,080
Tuition per credit hour for part-time students (if applicable)$1,190
University/institution fees or costs$760
Additional estimated fees or costs to students (e.g. books, travel, etc.)$3,500

Cost per year: $42,340 + living expenses

Tuition and fees alone for MSPP will run at least $200k once the internship year is factored in, tuition increases, etc.

APA match rates for the past few years:
'09-'10: 7%
'10-'11: 14%
'11-'12: 16%
'12-'13: 29%
'13-'14: 35%

Horrible rates.

--
As for Argosy DC….

Their time to completion average is ~6, so 5+1 in regard to cost.

Tuition for full-time students(in-state)$32,536
Tuition for full-time students (out-of-state)$32, 536
Tuition per credit hour for part-time students (if applicable)$1,162
University/institution fees or costs$565
Additional estimated fees or costs to students (e.g. books, travel, etc.) "varies" Let's say $2500 to be generous.

Cost per year: $36,763 + living expenses

With the 5 year average the tuition and fees are ~$184k….in addition to internship year cost, tuition increases, etc.

APA match rates for the past few years:
'09-'10: 35%
'10-'11: 44%
'11-'12: 40%
'12-'13: 40%

Also horrible APA-acred. match rates.

--

The cost for either program is astronomical once you figure out living expenses for Boston/D.C. Easily $300k+ before compound interest which will push things closer to $400k.

My financial advisor just had a heart attack reading this...

Hi guys, so I'm in a bit of a pickle. I applied to 5 schools and was interviewed at 2 for clinical psych PhD. I completely fell in love with the first place, which is out of state for me. They made decisions at the end of February and I didn't hear anything. I called and asked and they said all offers had been taken. I was disappointed, but moved on, even though I never got the official rejection in the mail.

I had another interview in mid-March, also loved the program, but not at much as the first. I think it was a way better fit, but they are only 50% funded. It's also close by where I live, so I don't need to relocate. They contacted me the next day and said they loved me and offered admission. I really do like the program and with all other schools being rejections, I accepted recently and put my deposit down.

Here's the problem...I just got a call today from the first program offering acceptance with a higher tuition reimbursement than the first. They said I should have gotten notification that I was 2nd on the waitlist and that the original offer wasn't actually filled (like I had been told before and I didn't get a letter or email).

I really wanted to go to the first school, but I confirmed my acceptance with the second school. I'm incredibly torn right now and frustrated that I was misinformed of my standing. The first school said they would hold the position open for a week for me to decide. I don't even know if I can withdraw my acceptance to the second school even if I wanted to.

What would you all do in this situation?

*I should also say that they have similar match rates in the 80's with the first school being a little lower.

Last edited:
Hi guys, so I'm in a bit of a pickle. I applied to 5 schools and was interviewed at 2 for clinical psych PhD. I completely fell in love with the first place, which is out of state for me. They made decisions at the end of February and I didn't hear anything. I called and asked and they said all offers had been taken. I was disappointed, but moved on, even though I never got the official rejection in the mail.

I had another interview in mid-March, also loved the program, but not at much as the first. I think it was a way better fit, but they are only 50% funded. It's also close by where I live, so I don't need to relocate. They contacted me the next day and said they loved me and offered admission. I really do like the program and with all other schools being rejections, I accepted recently and put my deposit down.

Here's the problem...I just got a call today from the first program offering acceptance with a higher tuition reimbursement than the first. They said I should have gotten notification that I was 2nd on the waitlist and that the original offer wasn't actually filled (like I had been told before and I didn't get a letter or email).

I really wanted to go to the first school, but I confirmed my acceptance with the second school. I'm incredibly torn right now and frustrated that I was misinformed of my standing. The first school said they would hold the position open for a week for me to decision. I don't even know if I can withdraw my acceptance to the second school even if I wanted to.

*I should also say that they have similar match rates in the 80's with the first school being a little lower.

That's tough; did you sign any kind of contract/offer letter with the second program? Even if you did, I don't know that it's legally binding in the sense that you can't withdraw your acceptance, with the downside being that you may lose your deposit.

If you liked the first program that much more, I'd be tempted to take their offer (particularly if the financial difference is significant). That being said, understand that it's likely going to burn some bridges at the second school regardless of how you explain the situation. Although if the second school's class sizes are fairly large, it may not be an uncommon occurrence for them.

But I'd wait and see what other folks here have to say as well, particularly if that's a situation they've had to deal with themselves.

That's tough; did you sign any kind of contract/offer letter with the second program? Even if you did, I don't know that it's legally binding in the sense that you can't withdraw your acceptance, with the downside being that you may lose your deposit.

If you liked the first program that much more, I'd be tempted to take their offer (particularly if the financial difference is significant). That being said, understand that it's likely going to burn some bridges at the second school regardless of how you explain the situation. Although if the second school's class sizes are fairly large, it may not be an uncommon occurrence for them.

But I'd wait and see what other folks here have to say as well, particularly if that's a situation they've had to deal with themselves.

I didn't sign a physical contract, but it said that when I put down a deposit that I was agreeing to attend in the fall. It's probably not binding I would say.

I think the financial difference would be about 20K or so, which isn't HUGE, but still significant. The second school is on the smaller size and one reason I'm considered about burning bridges is the specialty I do now and am planning to do is extremely small (read: 20-30 people in the country work in this area, my new PI being one of them).

It's also rough because I'm married and my partner would have to wait almost a year before moving out of state due to license changes. Gah!

I really wanted to go to the first school, but I confirmed my acceptance with the second school. I'm incredibly torn right now and frustrated that I was misinformed of my standing. The first school said they would hold the position open for a week for me to decide. I don't even know if I can withdraw my acceptance to the second school even if I wanted to.

Hi,
You sound like a really lucky candidate. I was also on the waitlist for my first choice program, but wasn't informed about it...

According to the APA's guide lines which I read up on in their book "getting in", you can withdraw a previously accepted offer BEFORE April 15th. All you need to do is get the school you are withdrawing your acceptance from to write a release letter. It may, like others have said, not look very good and may burn some bridges and your deposit is non refundable.

Good luck!

Hello all,

Not sure if this is the right forum to ask my question well questions rather. I was in the service for 14 years ( not in the mental health profession). I recently got out and am pursuing a doctorates in psychology. My goal is to become a clinical psychologist for the Department of Veterans Affairs Health department specializing in treating vets with PTSD. I am still doing my general pre req at a community college. My question is at 32 and about to transfer to a 4 year to pursue both a graduate and Phd in Psychologist, is it really logical to do so? I will not finish school and residency until I'm near 40. I will be a recent graduate with Phd in 14 years in the service with no experience besides the residency hours. I'm willing to focus and finish school and do what ever it takes to get my degree and help vets with PTSD. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Why do you need a Ph.D to do that?

Why do you need a Ph.D to do that?

To follow-up on this, you could opt to pursue an MSW, which would allow you to work for the VA providing trauma-oriented therapy to veterans while shaving off probably 3-4 years' worth of schooling.

Re: the "no experience" bit, know that if you opt to go the doctoral route, you'll be getting clinical experiences while in grad school in addition to while on internship and, if you so choose, while on postdoc/fellowship (trauma-oriented fellowships are starting to pop up seemingly all over the place in the VA). Grad school in psychology is a much different training model than medicine, and many programs will have you working directly with patients at some point in your first year. You'll also be doing research during this time, and said research (given your interests) will likely also be related to PTSD, and may also involve service delivery (e.g., as a part of a treatment study).

Med school is another option. On average, psychiatry training won't take you much if any longer than a doctorate in psychology (once you factor in the post-graduate year or two of training/supervision that may be required for licensure), and the pay will be much higher, meaning it'll be easier to make up for the years of lost income. The downside, of course, is the cost: med school is typically much more expensive than doctoral training in psychology, with the latter being free in funded programs. I also don't know that I'm at all bowled over by the efficacy of many/most psych meds in the treatment of PTSD, but if therapy is an interest, you could likely carve out training in exposure therapy if you're willing to devote the time to learn it right. Although in the VA, I honestly don't know how open they'd be to having a psychiatrist provide PE/CPT with their time when psychologists and LCSWs are available to provide it as well.

I have been accepted to both Ferhauf's and Adelphi's M.A in Mental Health Counseling and I am unsure where to go. Applying to an M.A program felt like a good stepping stone to my PhD since I lacked necessary research experience and I felt it would make my application stronger.

I have to say I have a soft spot for Adelphi because of its clinical focus and psychodynamic orientation. Both of my mentors have graduated from their but is it a huge leap of faith to assume it would make it easier to get into their PhD program?

I also have been having a hard time location the match rates for both programs to compare. if anyone who has attended could tell me about their experience or could help provide me with information to compare them i would greatly appreciate it!!

I have been accepted to both Ferhauf's and Adelphi's M.A in Mental Health Counseling and I am unsure where to go. Applying to an M.A program felt like a good stepping stone to my PhD since I lacked necessary research experience and I felt it would make my application stronger.

I have to say I have a soft spot for Adelphi because of its clinical focus and psychodynamic orientation. Both of my mentors have graduated from their but is it a huge leap of faith to assume it would make it easier to get into their PhD program?

I also have been having a hard time location the match rates for both programs to compare. if anyone who has attended could tell me about their experience or could help provide me with information to compare them i would greatly appreciate it!!

Mod Note: Moved to the "Help Me Decide" Mega Thread

Data for the Ph.D. programs regarding match rates should be listed on said programs' websites under a link titled something like, "student admissions, outcome, and other data," as it's an APA requirement to have this info posted with that wording.

I'd make sure I got experience in both psychodynamic and CBT. If you don't have CBT training, you will not be competitive at some of the largest employers of Psychologists, and may have a harder time billing in other places.

I agree with WisNeuro. And you cand achieve this goal at both, but it sounds like your heart is in Adelphi. And I think their reputation is slightly more 'elite' for lack of a better word. However, BOTH programs produce outstanding clinicians and researchers in many areas including psychotherapy research (which more is needed for the psychodynamic folks). The class size is generally smaller for Adelphi than Yeshiva (although I'm thinking of the doctoral programs here), which attributes to this 'elite-ness' I spoke of with truly lack of a better term b/c I have good friends at both (and see each of their programs strengths and limitations/hindrances).

Any updates?
Sorry to be so nosy;)

Any updates?
Sorry to be so nosy;)

Yes, you can withdraw your acceptance before April 15th, owing to a waitlist offer--just be sure to be polite, appreciative, and professional about it. I'd strongly recommend choosing the better funded program--this is a field where taking on unnecessary debt is really not justifiable if you have a funded, got fit, high match rate alternative.

Congratulations! :D

Thank you for the reply.

In reply to why I need a Phd is because the va requires a Phd to be a clinical psychologist. A social worker and therapist can have an msw.

I'm looking to do my undergrad at UC San Diego with a focus on clinical psychology then apply for the Phd in SDSU has a doctoral program that offers a Phd in clinical psychology. I've looked at ratings and reviews and all are positive. But I think it's better to have input from someone already in the field. My ultimate goal is to treat vets with PTSD and I'm aware of the program at SDSU has with the San Diego VA hospital. I'm hoping I can get my experience in the trauma field while attending medical school on the joint Phd offered through UC San Diego medical school and SDSU.
Thoughts?

Thank you for the reply.

In reply to why I need a Phd is because the va requires a Phd to be a clinical psychologist. A social worker and therapist can have an msw

Well, that certainly is tautological.

Thank you for the reply.

In reply to why I need a Phd is because the va requires a Phd to be a clinical psychologist. A social worker and therapist can have an msw.

Captain Obvious, is that you?

I meant why do you need a phd to work with vets with PTSD? Feel free to answer that if you want.

Unless you have more substative interests in the science and application of clinical psychological science, I would suggest you simply get MSW and treat vets with PTSD in the VA. You can thank me later for saving you 5 years of work, stress, and lost earning potential.

Reactions: 1 users
Hum.

So, my conundrum is this:

I applied to three PsyD programs two years ago, and only interviewed at one: Rutgers GSAPP PsyD. I was close, but didn't get in; and, since then, I've been working as hard as I could with GSAPP as my benchmark. Aim for the stars and so forth. So I worked in the psychiatric emergency room for the intervening time, which was a very lucky experience to get. This time, I applied to eight schools, got interview invites to six, and actually went on four interviews.

So I've been accepted to two programs: Rutgers GSAPP, and LIU Post's PsyD program. I was accepted within a week for LIU, and was offered a research assistantship to help with tuition shortly after. I just got the offer from GSAPP yesterday morning, after being put on the regular waitlist (apparently they had the "high" waitlist and a regular one). Obviously things are so new there that they're still going to be working out administrative stuff before they can say what, if anything, they'd be able to offer me.

I'm honestly a little unsure of what to do. In terms of reputation, price, pragmatics, my goals, and sheer opportunities, GSAPP is a better choice. Rutgers is well renowned. The tuition is much lower than LIU. I work in New Jersey as is, so moving there would be easy, and I'm already connected to their mental health community. Rutgers has been my dream school since my near miss. It has a lot of opportunities.

LIU also seemed like a great place when I interviewed there. They have many of the same systems of training. LIU also trains in dynamics, CBT, and has someone who worked with Linehan for DBT. The sense of community and cohesion seemed better...not quite as competitive between students in the same cohort, if you will. The tuition is much higher, 120,000+ or so. They've offered me an assistantship; but, everyone gets those. And at Rutgers, I'm pretty sure they'll also be offering an assistantship that'll help for about the same price cut (10k).

My original thought was this: if I don't get into Rutgers, I'd be happy to go to LIU. Now that I'm there, my biggest question is whether or not rank order affects treatment, financial packages, or opportunities in these kinds of programs. Perhaps it would be better to be higher up the tier at LIU than one of the last at Rutgers...IF that's how it's run. Any perspectives? I'm heavily leaning towards Rutgers, but I don't want to jump and make an impulsive decision.

Hum.

So, my conundrum is this:

I applied to three PsyD programs two years ago, and only interviewed at one: Rutgers GSAPP PsyD. I was close, but didn't get in; and, since then, I've been working as hard as I could with GSAPP as my benchmark. Aim for the stars and so forth. So I worked in the psychiatric emergency room for the intervening time, which was a very lucky experience to get. This time, I applied to eight schools, got interview invites to six, and actually went on four interviews.

So I've been accepted to two programs: Rutgers GSAPP, and LIU Post's PsyD program. I was accepted within a week for LIU, and was offered a research assistantship to help with tuition shortly after. I just got the offer from GSAPP yesterday morning, after being put on the regular waitlist (apparently they had the "high" waitlist and a regular one). Obviously things are so new there that they're still going to be working out administrative stuff before they can say what, if anything, they'd be able to offer me.

I'm honestly a little unsure of what to do. In terms of reputation, price, pragmatics, my goals, and sheer opportunities, GSAPP is a better choice. Rutgers is well renowned. The tuition is much lower than LIU. I work in New Jersey as is, so moving there would be easy, and I'm already connected to their mental health community. Rutgers has been my dream school since my near miss. It has a lot of opportunities.

LIU also seemed like a great place when I interviewed there. They have many of the same systems of training. LIU also trains in dynamics, CBT, and has someone who worked with Linehan for DBT. The sense of community and cohesion seemed better...not quite as competitive between students in the same cohort, if you will. The tuition is much higher, 120,000+ or so. They've offered me an assistantship; but, everyone gets those. And at Rutgers, I'm pretty sure they'll also be offering an assistantship that'll help for about the same price cut (10k).

My original thought was this: if I don't get into Rutgers, I'd be happy to go to LIU. Now that I'm there, my biggest question is whether or not rank order affects treatment, financial packages, or opportunities in these kinds of programs. Perhaps it would be better to be higher up the tier at LIU than one of the last at Rutgers...IF that's how it's run. Any perspectives? I'm heavily leaning towards Rutgers, but I don't want to jump and make an impulsive decision.
DO NOT go to LIU Post. Only look at their stats and you'll see why. You'd be crazy to pick them over Rutgers (sorry to be so blunt!) You are incredibly lucky to have gotten in, take advantage of it. Your funding there (I interviewed there, too) has nothing to do with your standing on the waitlist. I think it is more based on the funding the lab has that you will be working in, but in any case is really substantial.
Don't worry about being rated lower than other students who got an immediate acceptance offer, once cohorts are formed your performance is all that matters with regards to how faculty perceive you.

I was wondering about that. Is there another place to look at their stats? Their website list looks pretty good, but I was thinking they may fudge those for their own benefit. Some cross checking to see what's what would be great. Thanks for the input!

I was wondering about that. Is there another place to look at their stats? Their website list looks pretty good, but I was thinking they may fudge those for their own benefit. Some cross checking to see what's what would be great. Thanks for the input!
Over the past 2 years liu posts internship match rate to apa accredited placements was below 80% (2011- 75%, 2012- 65%) so not only is it bad, it's also going down. I believe Rutgers is in the high 80's or 90's.
These numbers are from there website which should be correct. Fudging those numbers would get them into huge trouble. That's all students have, after all. Good luck!