Hobbies on CV for ERAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dro133

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I did a search but couldn't find a direct answer to my question.

I'm looking at some CV templates, and there's a Hobbies section listed. My hobbies aren't anything spectacular. I like to run and work out, but I haven't done anything "impressive" like run a marathon or do a triathlon. Other than that, I spend a lot of my free time reading. Occasionally I'll go paddle-boarding when it's hot out. I also do normal people things like watching Netflix or going out for happy hour :shrug: .

Since I don't have any real stand-out hobbies or significant accomplishments in my hobbies, is it better to leave this section out, or just include it anyways?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

You're overthinking this. If the things you mention are things you would like to discuss in your interview, put them. If they aren't, then don't.

That should pretty clearly eliminate Netflix and happy hour from your list. Only you know if running or paddle-boarding is something that merits being on your application. Most people put something, just to seem somewhat normal, but don't feel like you're at a great disadvantage because most people put BS things in that section anyways.

Reactions: 1 user