Hobbies?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

P2J

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How detailed were your "hobbies" section? How many hobbies should I include? I listed a couple, but i should I list all the stuff that I occasionally do, or the hobbies I'm not that good at (ie I like photography but my pictures aren't that great)? Also are you supposed to list them? I put it in sentence format but it seems like most people I talk to have been putting them in bullet format.

Members don't see this ad.

How detailed were your "hobbies" section? How many hobbies should I include? I listed a couple, but i should I list all the stuff that I occasionally do, or the hobbies I'm not that good at (ie I like photography but my pictures aren't that great)? Also are you supposed to list them? I put it in sentence format but it seems like most people I talk to have been putting them in bullet format.

Why does it matter how good you are at it?:laugh:
I really don't think that part of the app matters much except in giving some interview conversation material and making you appear multi-dimensional.

i put mine in bullet format, and i only listed things that i feel comfortable talking about to someone who is also involved. for example, i listed wine and winemaking as hobbies, and if someone asked me whether i liked pinot noir or shiraz better and i said, "what are those?" i'd be in trouble. list stuff that you're genuinely into. i agree with the comment that they're mainly meant to give programs a little idea of what you're into and to serve as interview conservation fodder.