Honestly Running Out of Options

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You are not ''honestly running out of options''. There's a great option left that you haven't tried yet:

Get. A. Job.

Support yourself. Like adults do.

When I was 18, I had zilch to my name. I found a free bike on Craigslist and rode it to and from a minimum wage job at the mall every day. I later used the same bike to ride to and from babysitting. It sucked. At times, it was embarrassing. It got my bills paid. You're not the only one who has been dealt a hard hand, so quit playing the victim and start taking care of yourself instead of relying on others to do it.

Donate to my gofundme tho

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Couple questions:

1) If you knew that you were consistently rejected due to over qualification, why didn't you keep your achievements a bit more low key? Places like subway don't ask for you GPA or MCAT score. And not telling them about an extracurricular activity is perfectly ok. The only thing I can image you'd have to tell them, in terms of qualifications, is where you went to college, cause they wanna know about your education. But it's completely possible to tone down your qualifications to get a job at these places.

2) Shouldn't you be qualified for several fee waivers due to your bankruptcy status?

Couple questions:

1) If you knew that you were consistently rejected due to over qualification, why didn't you keep your achievements a bit more low key? Places like subway don't ask for you GPA or MCAT score. And not telling them about an extracurricular activity is perfectly ok. The only thing I can image you'd have to tell them, in terms of qualifications, is where you went to college, cause they wanna know about your education. But it's completely possible to tone down your qualifications to get a job at these places.

2) Shouldn't you be qualified for several fee waivers due to your bankruptcy status?
One question:

1) Why'd you bump this?

Reactions: 7 users
@walloobi I didn't realize this thread went out a while ago. My bad. I just clicked on it when related threads came up.

Reactions: 1 user