How bad will this look?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stlmo314

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm currently a P1 at my school's satellite campus and I've been working at a hospital since July 2017. In May, I will be going back to my hometown to spend time with family & friends for the summer.

After the summer, I will be transferring to my school's main campus and will be finding a new job. I've been trying to find summer internships in my area (STL) but have not been able to find anything. I was wondering how bad it would to potential employers if I took off 2 months over the summer and did not work. Will any employers hire me as an intern if I am a P2?

Thanks everyone

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I'm currently a P1 at my school's satellite campus and I've been working at a hospital since July 2017. In May, I will be going back to my hometown to spend time with family & friends for the summer.

After the summer, I will be transferring to my school's main campus and will be finding a new job. I've been trying to find summer internships in my area (STL) but have not been able to find anything. I was wondering how bad it would to potential employers if I took off 2 months over the summer and did not work. Will any employers higher me as an intern if I am a P2?

Thanks everyone
No big deal.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do that many people really not work during school? I always assumed most people work in pharmacies during pharm school.
Most do. Some don’t. A summer off isn’t going to catch anyone’s attention.

Reactions: 1 user
Do that many people really not work during school? I always assumed most people work in pharmacies during pharm school.

Most do. Some don’t. A summer off isn’t going to catch anyone’s attention.

Let me back-up, I suppose it's based off your school/cohort of students. Some school's curriculum may be easier and allow for more flexibility to work. In my specific case, a good 60-70% do not work while in school.