how can i improve my application/ rate my ECs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shadyknick

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have completed three semesters worth of classes. My GPA is juust cutting it so I want my ECs to be strong.

So far I have:
~ 75 hours volunteering at the ER
~20 hours volunteering at a nursing home
by the summer about 40 hours shadowing

Research:
-one semester of a pysch project where i had students take surveys

Member of three clubs but hold no positions

Members don't see this ad.

I have completed three semesters worth of classes. My GPA is juust cutting it so I want my ECs to be strong.

So far I have:

Research:

Your clinically-related ECs and research are coming along nicely. Be sure to include a primary care doc in your shadowing. Other ECs to consider for the sake of a stronger application might be regular nonmedical community service to those in need, leadership, and teaching. Hobbies and artistic interests also have a place on the application with bonus points for uniqueness.

So far I have:

Research:

I think you're well on your way to having good ECs, but keep in mind that they will not substitute for having a low GPA/MCAT. Yes, they want to see experience, volunteering, research, etc., but if you can't prove that you can pass the first 2 years of heavy science, then all your ECs aren't going to make up for that. Do you mind sharing your cGPA and sGPA?