MD WAMC/ Need advice on how to improve my app

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

laptopcelsius

Reaction score
**removed for anon**

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Could you post the list of schools you applied to this time?
I looked at posts you have made so far and maybe part of what you can change for next year is your school selection.
Some of your schools like Minnesota, Wisconsin, are state schools that heavily favor in-state applicants.
You could next time apply to private OOS schools as well as all your IS Florida schools.
Your activities, experiences, and numbers look good and I don't think you need to retake the MCAT.

Could you post the list of schools you applied to this time?
I looked at posts you have made so far and maybe part of what you can change for next year is your school selection.
Some of your schools like Minnesota, Wisconsin, are state schools that heavily favor in-state applicants.
You could next time apply to private OOS schools as well as all your IS Florida schools.
Your activities, experiences, and numbers look good and I don't think you need to retake the MCAT.
Definitely agree that my school list was not great. Here is where I applied:

UF, FSU, UCF, USF, UMiami, UMN, UWisconsin, Tulane, Medical college of Georgia, Georgetown, Wayne State, Alabama, Indiana University, Wake Forest, VCU, UKentucky, UTMB, Nova, FIU, Virginia Tech

Side note: I grew up in Minnesota and spent the majority of my life there which is why I chose to apply to schools there. Also have very strong ties to Virginia and DC area as most of my family lives there. I had family members attend VCU's medical school and do residency at Wake.

Any suggestions on OOS private schools that are attainable with my statistics?

Members don't see this ad :)
Where is your nonclinical community service? I see your campus involvement but not community service.

Productive way to spend your gap year... Peace Corps or Americorps.

Reactions: 1 user
Where is your nonclinical community service? I see your campus involvement but not community service.

Productive way to spend your gap year... Peace Corps or Americorps.
Definitely agree that this is a large weak point in my application. I have been looking into doing FEMA Corps for next year or another Americorps program! Thank you for the advice.

Reactions: 1 user