How long does it take for the schools to receive DAT results?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mouthcracker

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have submitted my AADSAS on sept 6th and also mailed the application fees, 2x2s and other required materials to dental schools.
The only thing I need to do is to take the DAT and submit the scores.
I am planning to take it around oct 20th and some schools have a deadline of november 1st.

I was wondering how long it takes for the schools to receive the scores after you take the DAT? Would a week be enough?

Would like to hear some thoughts.

Members don't see this ad.

Answer: ADDSAS takes about 2-3 weeks to process the DAT. example: I took it on 9/11, but I asked ADDSAS and was told that they will process it on 9/20. So, I am guessing it could be another week or so for the schools to get the scores.
( that is my thought)

Some schools access it electronically right away--in few days or a week. Some schools get the scores in 2 weeks. Other schools (Buffalo) take a full 3 weeks to get it in your file. But they will take a fax of your scores. I called Buffalo a couple of times, and by beginning of the fourth week, they did finally have the official scores in my file.

Members don't see this ad :)
But AADSAS has nothing to do with your official DAT score reports. It's ADA that sends the official reports that the schools need.

Answer: ADDSAS takes about 2-3 weeks to process the DAT. example: I took it on 9/11, but I asked ADDSAS and was told that they will process it on 9/20. So, I am guessing it could be another week or so for the schools to get the scores.
( that is my thought)

Process = mailed out

or

Process = get ready to mail out?

Anybody know?

Process = mailed out

or

Process = get ready to mail out?

Anybody know?

The ADA handles your DAT scores (not AADSAS) and many schools now download them within a couple of days of you taking the test. Most will have your scores within two weeks, if not sooner.