How many seats filled? Update best to your knowledge.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ileen

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if you guys knew how many seats are filled for the following schools. Hoping these numbers will help out a friend to see where she is at in this whole applying, interviewing, etc process. Please give an update if you have one!

SCCO
ICO
PCO
NECO
NOVA
Midwestern

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Midwestern has 35/50 seats filled, however I'm sure some will be given up.

SCCO has given out all 100 original invites. 33 people on alternate list. This is as of last week.

Members don't see this ad :)
SCCO gives out around 150-160 acceptances to fill 100 seats. How do you know the # on alt list?

Midwestern has 35/50 seats filled, however I'm sure some will be given up.

Wow thats a lot of seats taken for a school that just started taking applications 2 months ago. Hey do you know how many interviews they gave out??

I'd like too would like to know the numbers on ico and pco.

Isn't this all speculation at this point?? No school has a solid class right now, and those who are still waiting to hear back, try to remain positive. :xf:

SCCO has given out all 100 original invites. 33 people on alternate list. This is as of last week.

So are you saying SCCO has only placed 33 students on the alternate list? Or that there are 33 confirmed students to attend SCCO? I would have thought they placed more than that number on the alternate list... maybe there's still a chance for me...?

So are you saying SCCO has only placed 33 students on the alternate list? Or that there are 33 confirmed students to attend SCCO? I would have thought they placed more than that number on the alternate list... maybe there's still a chance for me...?

SCCO hasn't been flat out accepting people for a little while. Anyone who would be considered "accepted" is put on the alternate list until they hear back from the original 98 acceptances who gave their initial deposits. Other threads have discussed what happens when they start removing people off the alternate list (I think it's in May?). I don't know what the number is for those who are 100% confirmed, but it is certainly NOT 98.

Members don't see this ad :)
SCCO hasn't been flat out accepting people for a little while. Anyone who would be considered "accepted" is put on the alternate list until they hear back from the original 98 acceptances who gave their initial deposits. Other threads have discussed what happens when they start removing people off the alternate list (I think it's in May?). I don't know what the number is for those who are 100% confirmed, but it is certainly NOT 98.

This is what I mean. I just assumed it was standard knowledge. What I don't know is whether they wait til the deadline before they begin sorting the students or do they have a rolling dropout/dropin process.

In other words, I'm not sure if they are constantly taking students off the "secured" list and putting students from the alternate list into the "secured" list while they are also adding new students to the alternate list. Or if they simply wait until they have an alternate list of 60, lock their alternates list and accept no more to that list. Then begin sorting the list. The two methods definitely makes a difference since one takes into account time and the other takes into account only the interview score.

From the way Dr. Voorhies stated it, she said "we will notify you when a spot opens up" and she also said "we've had students on the alternate list since October", it sorta indicates that they have a rolling process of removing students and putting new students into the "secured" list. But I don't know if she was simply trying to explain to me the way the process works or was explaining facts. So again, I have no idea other than they had given out 100 original invites and there are 33 on alternate list. And those 100 invites have until May 5th-ish to make up their minds.

This is what I mean. I just assumed it was standard knowledge. What I don't know is whether they wait til the deadline before they begin sorting the students or do they have a rolling dropout/dropin process.

In other words, I'm not sure if they are constantly taking students off the "secured" list and putting students from the alternate list into the "secured" list while they are also adding new students to the alternate list. Or if they simply wait until they have an alternate list of 60, lock their alternates list and accept no more to that list. Then begin sorting the list. The two methods definitely makes a difference since one takes into account time and the other takes into account only the interview score.

From the way Dr. Voorhies stated it, she said "we will notify you when a spot opens up" and she also said "we've had students on the alternate list since October", it sorta indicates that they have a rolling process of removing students and putting new students into the "secured" list. But I don't know if she was simply trying to explain to me the way the process works or was explaining facts. So again, I have no idea other than they had given out 100 original invites and there are 33 on alternate list. And those 100 invites have until May 5th-ish to make up their minds.

I don't know the answer, sorry. Accepted applicants have until May 15th to get $250 back from their initial $750 deposit.

Although something else I'm curious about is whether that initial number of 98 refers to the first 98 acceptances, or the first 98 who actually sent in their initial deposits (they only give 2 weeks to make a deposit, and once that time expires the seat is automatically forfeited).

I don't know the answer, sorry. Accepted applicants have until May 15th to get $250 back from their initial $750 deposit.

Although something else I'm curious about is whether that initial number of 98 refers to the first 98 acceptances, or the first 98 who actually sent in their initial deposits (they only give 2 weeks to make a deposit, and once that time expires the seat is automatically forfeited).

Yeah, I don't know either. I only applied to SCCO. Yeah, that's right. I only applied to one school.

Were you placed on alternate list?

Yes, I was. I have a 3.84 science GPA from UC Berkeley and OAT AA of 350 and TS of 360. My only downfall: I'm 26.

Your age should NOT be your downfall. Maybe you applied later than you should have.

So it sounds like you interviewed late into the cycle and would be placed on alternate list even if you did excellent on your interview. Hopefully you'll have interviewed well enough to be place in the top of the alternate list. May I ask why you only applied to one school?

Oh and just for clarity, I don't think people have been on the alternate list since October since the first interview wasn't until mid-November for SCCO.

Your age should NOT be your downfall. Maybe you applied later than you should have.

Oh, I know. But I also run my own business. So my life is quite hectic. Being older, I've gotten myself involved in many things most college-age students wouldn't get involved with. In fact, that's probably why I applied so late. I applied to SCCO only because it's the only school I want to go to.

And maybe also Berkeley. But I went to Berkeley for undergrad and although the program is good, the campus itself is horrible. UC=Under Construction. It is built so long ago that they are constantly retrofitting this and that. In fact, I was just there about 3 days ago and they are working on the main gate that overlooks the main entrance to campus. They worked on that gate when I was a sophomore! It's not even a working gate! No moving parts!

I think I may apply to ICO next year. It'll be nice to live in the bustle of Chicago. But the weather I'll have to get used to.

As to the other post about alternates on since October, that's what Dr. Voorhies told me. But I don't think she was telling me facts but was giving an example in the form of a hypothetical situation. But she did say 33 on alternates list. That was a fact.

Oh, I know. But I also run my own business. So my life is quite hectic. Being older, I've gotten myself involved in many things most college-age students wouldn't get involved with. In fact, that's probably why I applied so late. I applied to SCCO only because it's the only school I want to go to.

Then you're a head up on those of us who don't have those experiences! Don't think for a second that you've done yourself a disservice for getting real world experience... the only disservice you did was applying later in the cycle. Good luck.

And maybe also Berkeley. But I went to Berkeley for undergrad and although the program is good, the campus itself is horrible. UC=Under Construction. It is built so long ago that they are constantly retrofitting this and that. In fact, I was just there about 3 days ago and they are working on the main gate that overlooks the main entrance to campus. They worked on that gate when I was a sophomore! It's not even a working gate! No moving parts!

I think I may apply to ICO next year. It'll be nice to live in the bustle of Chicago. But the weather I'll have to get used to.

As to the other post about alternates on since October, that's what Dr. Voorhies told me. But I don't think she was telling me facts but was giving an example in the form of a hypothetical situation. But she did say 33 on alternates list. That was a fact.

Not sure if it's worth it, but you still have two days to apply to ICO! (March 15th deadline)

Anyone know how many seats left in SUNY? Thanks :)

Yeah, I don't know either. I only applied to SCCO. Yeah, that's right. I only applied to one school.

Good for you! I only applied to one school as well. I don't have the money to go on a billion interviews, you know?

To the person asking about SCO - The list of accepted students they have posted is pretty long, but I don't know the exact number. They always accept more than the number of seats that are available, just like all the other schools so you never know.

Just received this in my e-mail today, from our monthly newsletter at SCO:

Mike Robertson, Director of Admissions, reports that interviews are winding down for this fall's class and may be concluded by April 3.

Approximately 250 candidates have been interviewed thus far, with nearly 40 more remaining to be interviewed. Seats likely will be offered to somewhere between 5-10 more candidates, meaning this fall's class is very close to being full.

Mike Robertson, Director of Admissions, reports that interviews are winding down for this fall's class and may be concluded by April 3.

Approximately 250 candidates have been interviewed thus far, with nearly 40 more remaining to be interviewed. Seats likely will be offered to somewhere between 5-10 more candidates, meaning this fall's class is very close to being full.

Hey, thanks for the info.

I'll be interviewing on the 27th at SCO, looks like I'll have to bring my A-game!

There are only 20 seats left to fill. Approximately 15 people interviewed on March 14th, most of whom were students, or had been students at UC Berkeley. So for those of you who at the top of the alternate list, chances should look good. Your chances should be even better if more people decide to go elsewhere.

There are only 20 seats left to fill. Approximately 15 people interviewed on March 14th, most of whom were students, or had been students at UC Berkeley. So for those of you who at the top of the alternate list, chances should look good. Your chances should be even better if more people decide to go elsewhere.

Zooblot, how did u come about this info? Were u and interviewee that day? Did they say how much longer they will be interviewing for?

For those that are on SCCOs alternate list, they wait to interview everyone first, then they rank you. I too was put on the alternate list :scared:

For those that are on SCCOs alternate list, they wait to interview everyone first, then they rank you. I too was put on the alternate list :scared:

Good to know. I was thinking they update every monday or something. I've been waiting at the computer every day and every time I hear the email chime, I would run to my computer. Don't worry, I work from home so this is not an indicator I have no life.

Anyone knows how many seats are still available at UHCO?

I spoke with Janelle at PUCO yesterday and she said that roughly 90% of the students have been selected. But that's give or take how many seats are taken, considering students haven't accepted yet, etc.

Hey I was wondering...
Does that mean 5-10 seats are still open? Or is that already accounting for the roughly 15-20 who will give up their seats between April and August?
Thanks

I too was placed on alt. list and interviewed 3/14th.
There were 14 who interviewed in the morning and 12 in the afternoon.
So a total of 26 on that day.

I was in the afternoon group and 3 out of 12 were from UCB.

I have no idea where zooblot got his/her info.

Hey I was wondering...
Does that mean 5-10 seats are still open? Or is that already accounting for the roughly 15-20 who will give up their seats between April and August?
Thanks

Good question - I'm not sure! At this point I would assume they've already accepted more people than the class allows for so I'd think they're accounting for the people who will be giving up seats.

Good question - I'm not sure! At this point I would assume they've already accepted more people than the class allows for so I'd think they're accounting for the people who will be giving up seats.

Yes, that's also what I assumed.
I guess that's what I deserve for procrastinating and not getting my application complete until 3 days before the deadline :thumbup:

Yes, that's also what I assumed.
I guess that's what I deserve for procrastinating and not getting my application complete until 3 days before the deadline :thumbup:

I know that they've already sent out acceptances for their ENTIRE class, and are still accepting few students to cover for those who have missed their deposit deadline.

UHCO

The class of 2013 forums came up today, and I count 97 students. It seems the class is almost full.

Good luck to those still trying to get in.

I called Ali this morning and she said it's not true. The number is not correct.

From what I can tell, the UHCO class of 2013 forums have 111 users. Of those, 14 have faculty or orientation committee titles, leaving 97 other users with unknown titles.

where is this forum that u r talking about? when i look at facebook for UHCO class of 2013, there are only 68 members including the orientation committee.

The UHCO website set up a forum for the class of 2013. You have to be part of the orientation committee, a faculty member, or a student to have access to it. And not everybody uses facebook and/or knows about the group. I'm just telling you what I know to the best of my knowledge.

thats how many i counted on the forum too...97. according to one of the OC member, all the students on the forum have placed a deposit down. its possible some ppls may choose to lose their deposits and go elsewhere...but i don't know the liklihood of that

when i asked dr. shulman abt our class size at UHCO this yr...he said they were allowed to have 103 students this yr

bump for April. updates anyone? SUNY told me that they would review applicants who are on hold by late March, anyone hear back from them who was put on hold? how about SCCO?

I interviewed at ICO this past Tuesday. I was told they had 173 deposits and a class size of 165 but two prospective students pulled out their deposit at the beginning of the week. So I think the class is full but you can still be placed on the admitted/alternate list which in the past they have taken everyone off and admitted for the fall entry. Decisions will be made on April 9th and mailed out, or they may call someone if they are admitted and you will receive written confirmation in the mail.

As for SUNY, I spoke with Dr. Johnston and he told me they will make their decision on April 6th. Letters will be sent via snail-mail and should arrive the end of the week.

Good luck everyone!