How many seats filled? Update best to your knowledge.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just got an interview invite from Pacific, and in the email it said that the class is full, but the interview is for those to be put on the waitlist, and that last year they went through the waitlist a dozen times (I don't really know what that means!?!)

Members don't see this ad.

I'm landing around #5 or #6 on the schools I applied to's waiting list... What do u think my chances are? Thanks for any help! Nervious!

I just got an interview invite from Pacific, and in the email it said that the class is full, but the interview is for those to be put on the waitlist, and that last year they went through the waitlist a dozen times (I don't really know what that means!?!)

If you can find out what that last part means, I would appreciate it!

Members don't see this ad :)
i think it means they pulled at least a dozen students from the waitlist to be admitted for the next school year.

This is the email from Pacific (so yes, I think it means that they picked the top 12 from their waitlist):

Due to the rolling admissions process here at Pacific, and the competitive applicant pool, the incoming class for Fall 2009 at Pacific University College of Optometry is currently full. As such, we do not anticipate being able to admit any additional candidates to the program from the April 17 Interview Day.

We do want to provide you the opportunity to think about whether or not you would like to visit and interview at Pacific for a wait-list position. Although I hope that you will still consider interviewing here at Pacific, I also appreciate the costs involved, and don't feel it would be fair to bring you here under false pretences.

I want to assure you that each year, we have admitted many students off our Wait List. Last year, we went to the Wait List over a dozen times. It is possible that if placed on the Wait List, you may be offered a position here at Pacific University later on in the spring or summer.

In addition, because the quality of our applicant pool this year is so strong, it is possible that if you presented a strong written application and your interview went well, the admissions committee would place you on the wait list with the additional guarantee that, if you are not admitted off the wait list for Fall 2009, you would have a guaranteed spot in the Fall 2010 class. Although this would mean delaying your education for one year, it could provide you the opportunity to save some money for a year, get some additional work experience, or travel.

In addition, because the quality of our applicant pool this year is so strong, it is possible that if you presented a strong written application and your interview went well, the admissions committee would place you on the wait list with the additional guarantee that, if you are not admitted off the wait list for Fall 2009, you would have a guaranteed spot in the Fall 2010 class. Although this would mean delaying your education for one year, it could provide you the opportunity to save some money for a year, get some additional work experience, or travel.

Do anyone know if SCCO does this? I think it is great that PCO guarantees some of the waitlisted students and gives them a secure spot for the next year like a deferred admission.

I have an interview scheduled for this week at ICO.. :confused:

Do anyone know if SCCO does this? I think it is great that PCO guarantees some of the waitlisted students and gives them a secure spot for the next year like a deferred admission.

Definitely not. If you do not get through alt. list, you will have to re-apply but your chances are much greater to get in the 2nd time around since they offer interview feedback to tell you what you need improving on in your application/interviewing. You'll also have had experience to know the application process and that it's extremely helpful to apply EARLY.

Hey, thanks for the info.

I'll be interviewing on the 27th at SCO, looks like I'll have to bring my A-game!

Looks like my A-game worked. I got an acceptance phone call from Mike Robertson today and will be taking the seat!

I'm landing around #5 or #6 on the schools I applied to's waiting list... What do u think my chances are? Thanks for any help! Nervious!

What schools are you waitlisted for? it really depends on the school

I read the email and in the email it didn't say that they went through the list a dozen time, they went TO the list a dozen times meaning that they pulled in a dozen students off of the waitlist.

there were 6 six seats left at NOVA as of last week when i interviewed, with 8 interviews left to go.