How much can I raise my score in two weeks?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sondra

UMC 2010
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I scored a 21 (7P 6V 8B) on the last practice test I took in Jan 2005. I have studied since then, but not very much. How practical do you think it is to raise my score to a 25-26 by August 20th? I also need advice on how to study for these two weeks.

Members don't see this ad.

Sondra said:
I scored a 21 (7P 6V 8B) on the last practice test I took in Jan 2005. I have studied since then, but not very much. How practical do you think it is to raise my score to a 25-26 by August 20th? I also need advice on how to study for these two weeks.

Well you could try taking a full-length or 2 by yourself and answer your own question about raising your score. As for studying...focus on your weakest areas.

Sondra said:

Answer this question and then maybe you can decide on what you should do.

"Do you feel as if you will be ready?"

Your question is a very, very personal one. One that I feel cannot be answered by anyone other than yourself.

I have been studying since September. I originally had registered for the April test. April 1 came and I did not feel ready. I did not take the test and continued to study. I am scheduled to take the test in 2 weeks and I feel as if I will be ready. Do you understand what I am trying to tell you?

Think about it. How much studying can you get done in two weeks that will make you feel as if you are ready to take this test?

Sondra said:

Depends what test that was...but if you haven't taken another since Jan, you need to make sure you won't break down from the 8 hours. Make sure you get a few more in...

Also, you've probably registered for the MCAT if you're asking this, which means that you should just try your best from now on. 26 is possible, it's not like you're asking for a 35.

Members don't see this ad :)
Avalanche21 said:
Depends what test that was...but if you haven't taken another since Jan, you need to make sure you won't break down from the 8 hours. Make sure you get a few more in...

Also, you've probably registered for the MCAT if you're asking this, which means that you should just try your best from now on. 26 is possible, it's not like you're asking for a 35.

take 8r the last week and decide from there.

Sondra said:

take 8r the last week and decide from there.

go over yr last practice tests and find out what section /topics you mess up on and go over those.

go over the answers you got wrong , why you got them wrong, and do problems in those areas.

try to accomplish this by next week.

if yr not doing 26 by the last practice test (try taking it on 13/14) decide what would be best for you.

its doable.