How much have you made so far

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ancienbon

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How much have you made so far?

I have made over 104 k so far and i am on path to make 144 k this year

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't measure my success in monetary values- I measure it by the number of students I make smile over the course of the calendar year.

Smiles since January: two.

I'm way ahead of last year.

Reactions: 9 users

I am at 130k ish... on track to making > 170k this year.

I have the options of picking up more hours with holiday and flu season coming around but meh.... I didn't do too much OT this year. Mostly because I know I will be going into stores with no help even if their MySchedule is optimized... I am burned out from working at my store already.

Reactions: 1 users

I have the options of picking up more hours with holiday and flu season coming around but meh.... I didn't do too much OT this year. Mostly because I know I will be going into stores with no help even if their MySchedule is optimized... I am burned out from working at my store already.
I thought myschedule solves everything?

Reactions: 1 user
I thought myschedule solves everything?

MySchedule is a tool that at CVS is made ****tier with corporate cutting hours, and a lot of times, also the user behind that tool.

I would not want it to go away because it is efficient in some ways in helping us allocate limited amount of hours, but I wish we had more damn hours to work with!

I wish i had the option of making more. With the new grads on board, all ots are gone

I don't measure my success in monetary values- I measure it by the number of students I make smile over the course of the calendar year.

Smiles since January: two.

I'm way ahead of last year.

You track success by smiles?

I use tears.

I kid.

Reactions: 5 users
127k YTD gross. I never wanted all these hours.

Edit: at CVS for 13 months and been working ~50 hours a week for the last 9 months. Base pay is high because it is in a undesirable area. No time-and-a-half premium.

Last edited:
I wish i had the option of making more. With the new grads on board, all ots are gone

Don't worry, OT will be back shortly. Usually, there are flu clinics, pharmacists calling out sick, pharmacists quitting because they cant handle the pressure, more scripts so need for a third pharmacist, etc.

Also, most schedulers have to please their supervisors and all things being equal, would want a more experienced pharmacist than a new grad floating so they don't have to hear from the pharmacy manager or supervisor about why their store was a mess the next day.

Numbers don't tell much unless you also tell us how many years you've worked & how many hours/week you work as well :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Members don't see this ad :)
No overtime opportunities for you?
Nope. I am office based amb care, so appointment based visits and consult.

I have no interest in OT, I have interest in more days off. Love my job though.

Nope. I am office based amb care, so appointment based visits and consult. There is no shift work to pick up extra hours or any dispensing duties to pick up extra.

I have no interest in OT, I have interest in more days off. Love my job though.

Numbers don't tell much unless you also tell us how many years you've worked & how many hours/week you work as well :D
If these people are working <55 hrs/wk, 150k+/year is a lot of money no matter how many years have been working as a pharmacist... Most professionals will not see that kind of salary in their lifetime.

Every time I visit this forum, I am reminded of the mistake I made of giving up my pharm school acceptance for the class of 2016 to pursue medicine... :mad:

If these people are working <55 hrs/wk, 150k+/year is a lot of money no matter how many years have been working as a pharmacist... Most professionals will not see that kind of salary in their lifetime.

Every time I visit this forum, I am reminded of the mistake I made of giving up my pharm school acceptance for the class of 2016 to pursue medicine... :mad:

pharmacy is stagnant...you made the right call....stick to it.

Plus, a lot of people here are only hitting these numbers because they work more...they're not earning more per hour.

140k as of right now.

And like many say, CVS is killing us with these budgets. I just did 3700 last week on 255 tech hours. Goddamn.

My two cents...

I think very few of you understand how rare it is to find six-figure paying jobs that are non-exempt. Corporations see that kind of pay will immediately want to push you into exempt status so they can squeeze as many "free" hours out of you.

Plus, how rare is it to find floater jobs which pay $50+ per hour? And have so many hours available too! This is surely a boon for those pharmacists stuck in exempt positions.

If you really look for it, you can make over $200K per year. Nothing wrong with working more -- if you like your work. If you enjoy pharmacy (unlike many posters here) that's a helluva deal!

Salaried at just over 110,000/year. I have 4 input tech and 3 packing tech (7 full time techs!) and a partner 3 days a week. I work four 10 hour days, monday-thursday with 3 day weekends. All holidays off (the clinic is closed, but we still might show up to clean / fill / inventory/ catch up for partial days). I do not need to make 150k+ to be a happy pharmacist. heck! I left walgreens and took a pay cut and have not looked back!

Wouldn't you prefer to stay in med amidst all the saturation/unemployment/decreasing wage talk as a Pharmacist? Seems like a safer option to me.

Wouldn't you prefer to stay in med amidst all the saturation/unemployment/decreasing wage talk as a Pharmacist? Seems like a safer option to me.
The saturation is not as bad as people in SDN are making it out to be IMO... I know of a few people who were able to find job in south FL after graduation...

152k so far. On track to do 220k this year. Working 55-70 hours per week at 2 hospitals (FT + per diem).
When I feel tired, I think of all the residents working 80+ hour weeks earning 50k a year and how fortunate I am to be paid hourly.

Reactions: 5 users

My two cents...
I think very few of you understand how rare it is to find six-figure paying jobs that are non-exempt. Corporations see that kind of pay will immediately want to push you into exempt status so they can squeeze as many "free" hours out of you. Plus, how rare is it to find floater jobs which pay $50+ per hour? And have so many hours available too! This is surely a boon for those pharmacists stuck in exempt positions.

This. I am amazed at how some people here act like they went to school for 6 - 8 years to get minimum wage. Yes, pharmacy isn't quite as nice as back in the days of $40,000 sign-on bonuses, but anyone with any knowledge of economics knew those days couldn't last. Pharmacy is still one of the highest paid career options available. *Especially* starting out. People talk about the "higher potential" in other career fields, but most people in other career fields never make the "higher potential" and when they do, they have sacrificed far more time than most pharmacists (and there are many who sacrifice all that time, and don't make the "higher potential.")

The saturation is not as bad as people in SDN are making it out to be IMO... I know of a few people who were able to find job in south FL after graduation...
It's not bad now, but it will be. That's the point. Pharmacy schools don't just go away, they grow.

You track success by smiles?

I use tears.

I kid.

By that metric, I'd be much "richer" if I counted the tears compared to the smiles. I don't much enjoy saying things that cause people to cry, but it comes with the job.

Good comeback though- I did have a good laugh :)

152k so far. On track to do 220k this year. Working 55-70 hours per week at 2 hospitals (FT + per diem).
When I feel tired, I think of all the residents working 80+ hour weeks earning 50k a year and how fortunate I am to be paid hourly.
Wow... thats awesome. How do you do it? Are you married? Kids? When do you sleep?

Wow... thats awesome. How do you do it? Are you married? Kids? When do you sleep?
55-70 hrs/wk ... Let say that poster works an average of ~63 hrs/wk... Believe it or not, a lot of people work these kind of hours... Many companies that hire professionals put them on salary so they can make them work as many hours they want them to. Heck! Most physicians work 55+ hours/wk according to 'career in medicine' page on AAMC website.

I maintain a balance sheet and cash flow statement for my personal finances. It reminds that the bottom line (what I keep in terms of net worth or free cash) is a lot more important than the top line (what I earn). I take a quick look at the spreadsheets anytime I am attempted to waste money. I do like nice vacations though and they are worth the splurge.

Haha this makes me jealous of retail people....but just slightly.
Well, the person I know making $200K makes it mostly from hospital work with a little retail on the side.

This. I am amazed at how some people here act like they went to school for 6 - 8 years to get minimum wage. Yes, pharmacy isn't quite as nice as back in the days of $40,000 sign-on bonuses, but anyone with any knowledge of economics knew those days couldn't last. Pharmacy is still one of the highest paid career options available. *Especially* starting out. People talk about the "higher potential" in other career fields, but most people in other career fields never make the "higher potential" and when they do, they have sacrificed far more time than most pharmacists (and there are many who sacrifice all that time, and don't make the "higher potential.")
People should take with a huge grain of salt what they read in this forum... Being a pharmacist working in retail is probably hard, so are most other jobs out there that don't even pay ****... Today I met a young pharmacist (probably mid-to-late 30s) that told me he works only 2 days(24 hrs)/wk making over 60k/year... He's been a pharmacist for 10 years; he was joking and even said 'I am semi-retired in my 30s':p. How many professions these days that give people this kind of flexibility? Not many...

How are you pharmacists making that kind of money??

MOre than I thought.

My wife is part time at WAGS.

How are you pharmacists making that kind of money??

MOre than I thought.

My wife is part time at WAGS.

If someone gets OT and works about 50 hours a week breaking 170k won't be too hard. If your base pay is $60 you'll get around 125k a year, 10 hours of overtime every week for 52 weeks at time and a half ($90) would give you an additional 47k. All in all it's a little over 170k a year if that's someone's schedule assuming OT pay. It can be done as easily as working 1-2 shifts on your week where you have more days off or working per diem somewhere for a day.

YTD gross is $112k for my main job, only managed ~32 hours of true OT this year. This is through last week. I project $162k for the year (8 more pay checks x ~$6300 gross w/ no OT, trying to avoid any more for the year).

I have about $7k YTD in agency pay, and $42k gross for side business (not consulting) w/ an EBITDA of like $25k, but I sort of don't count this because the entirety of these earnings go into my solo 401k.

Total gross YTD is $161k technically, but see above comment about EBITDA as this # is misleading.

I've taken about 3 weeks of vacation YTD with another 3 weeks between now and the end of the year scheduled. That YTD total is including vacation pay. Total hours worked is somewhere north of 1450, too lazy to dig up my agency records, my main job says something like 1350 hours worked/vacation taken and I'll guesstimate 10 days of agency work. You can't deduce my avg hourly rate exactly because there's all sorts of weird bonuses added into my gross pay.

I'll gladly go into more detail via PM for long-time members (>2 years and post count > 1000 or SDN donor/other, newbies with 4 posts need not apply).

This is all inpatient/acute care, occasional outpatient oncology clinic work, absolutely zero retail. Outside San Francisco if this is your first time reading a post of mine.

My yearly salary is $111,785. I have worked a few shifts of OT this year. I'll probably gross $115k when all is said and done. Hospital in the midwest. So very jealous of the large penises in this thread.

If someone gets OT and works about 50 hours a week breaking 170k won't be too hard. If your base pay is $60 you'll get around 125k a year, 10 hours of overtime every week for 52 weeks at time and a half ($90) would give you an additional 47k. All in all it's a little over 170k a year if that's someone's schedule assuming OT pay. It can be done as easily as working 1-2 shifts on your week where you have more days off or working per diem somewhere for a day.

Wait who pays time and a half?

I'm currently at $115k so on pace for $173k for the whole year. 1746 hours worked, $65.44 adjusted hourly rate (includes some vacay and overtime differential)

I will be making this year as much as my dad made from all the years he worked. Just to show you how much you can jump from one generation to another.

Last edited:
My yearly salary is $111,785. I have worked a few shifts of OT this year. I'll probably gross $115k when all is said and done. Hospital in the midwest. So very jealous of the large penises in this thread.

Or clams, if that were the case.

Whatever. $115k in the Midwest is like $a hundred bajillion in SF, and you'd still get outbid by the .com worker with stock options worth $a thousand bajillion.

My regular job was $99,974 on my last check (so close! Yet so far! Only 9 hours of OT this year)

My per diem is like $13,000 so far.

My goal is usually to hit $100K by September

I will be making this year as much as my dad made from all the years he worked. Just to show you how much you can jump from one generation to another.
Well, it's more of an illustration of wage inflation too, but still remarkable. At $8/hr 40hr/week, an employee works for 9 years to total $150k. I'm assuming your dad didn't just have an extremely short career.

145k so far, not like I care much anymore, anything over 100k gross is enough for me when my expenses is less than 15k/yr...

Well, it's more of an illustration of wage inflation too, but still remarkable. At $8/hr 40hr/week, an employee works for 9 years to total $150k. I'm assuming your dad didn't just have an extremely short career.

Yeah for $150 k a year salary.